IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's odd that this hasn't caused a riFt between MB/ CR and JR. After all, CR said he was not the last to see LS. This shifted blame to JR. JR is still hanging out socially. What does this say? Does it send the message that JR is telling the truth, therefore has no reason to be angry for being pinned as the last to see her. Or should he BE angry at CR for being in the position he's in? I'd like to see what anyone else thinks about the relationship dynamic. They have been friends and neighbors for some time.

I think it's odd that this hasn't caused a riFt between MB/ CR and JR. After all, CR said he was not the last to see LS. This shifted blame to JR. JR is still hanging out socially. What does this say? Does it send the message that JR is telling the truth, therefore has no reason to be angry for being pinned as the last to see her. Or should he BE angry at CR for being in the position he's in? I'd like to see what anyone else thinks about the relationship dynamic. They have been friends and neighbors for some time.

Someone else here suggested that there may be "half truths" to JR's story, which is why he's said what he has and allegedly passed a polygraph. Maybe that's it. Maybe he did see her leave 5 North yet half knows what happened to her next. For example, maybe she was supposed to meet someone and never made it ... or at least the someone said she didn't. Maybe he can't believe that the "someone" would hurt LS and has convinced himself that a random stranger is involved. Or maybe he knows CR passed out at 5 North but that it was from bad drugs versus being the SW attack ... and that LS had taken the same bad drugs. If CR and MB know the same "half truths," they're conspirators in at least that much ...

It's possible that there are different levels of "crimes" committed here ... like JR or CR gave LS something they shouldn't have, and then someone else did something worse to her. That said, JR pinned himself from what I can see. MB could have said she left for JR's place, and JR could have lied and said she never made it. So, IMO, someone else must be able to place her there ... or JR wanted to place her there for some weird reason.

We don't know what the roommate told police. As far as I know, we only know what an anonymous poster claiming to be JW's roommate said. If that's not correct, I'd appreciate a link to a credible source. TIA.

You may not know who that poster is, but I do and you could too if you took the time to investigate further. TIA.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5nKrt5EKOo&hd=1"]Help Find Lauren Spierer - YouTube[/ame]

Qualter's statement was classic double-talk. If there was a camera that would captured anyone walking down College, his statement means "the mystery witness is wrong, the camera would have caught the action if it had happened". If there were no camera that would capture anyone walking down College, his statement is clearly deceptive. It implies there was a camera but not actually saying there was. If there was no camera his statement, while technically true, seems designed to lead the listener to the false assumption that there was a camera and it VERIFIES that mystery witness is wrong.

If there were a camera that would have captured anyone walking down College, it would have picked up LS at 3:30, 4:30 or any other time and the issue would be settled. We would know if JR was telling the truth.

Since we don't have verification that LS went down College AT ANY TIME, it is a strong assumption that there was no camera and, for some reason, Qualter wanted to discourage speculation about the mystery witness.

You're certainly correct on the ambiguity.

However, you're missing a possibility that I identified in my post - that there is a camera (on 10th St West of College, pointing East) that captures one of the sets of steps at 10th and College without capturing the corner itself. It's been said - and I don't recall where or how reliably - that the mystery witness saw LS on steps at 10th and College. There is more than one set of steps there, one of which is below the level of the sidewalk/corner, and it's possible that these are the steps to which the report referred. You can see both sets of steps in this Google Maps image: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10th+street+and+college+avenue+bloomington+indiana&ll=39.171675,-86.535179&spn=0.001287,0.002205&sll=39.171675,-86.534820&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&layer=c&cbp=13,26.05,,0,3.39&cbll=39.171676,-86.535041&gl=us&t=m&z=19&vpsrc=0&panoid=2ntGq9qXzCF1i5qNHx5xXQ"]10th street and college avenue bloomington indiana - Google Maps[/ame]You can toggle to the left and zoom in to see the camera I'm referring to (note that Google took the picture before the 10th and College Village Apts to the West were built). A better view of the camera, taken by Btown, is in the fifth picture on this page: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] (just to the right of the rightmost circled camera, and note the near-side camera as well). I don't know that that camera would capture the lower steps - it seems to point to the garage entrance and the angle may be off - but it's possible that it covers the businesses and walkway closer to the corner, just as the arcade cameras on the College side do.

JR pinned himself from what I can see. MB could have said she left for JR's place, and JR could have lied and said she never made it. So, IMO, someone else must be able to place her there ... or JR wanted to place her there for some weird reason.

JR and MB/CR have a neighbor who may have been home and awake that night...

IU has implemented a new policy concerning alcohol- and substance-related emergencies.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=82959

"This new standard operating procedure applies to students for emergencies both on campus and in the city of Bloomington. Currently, the policy only affects University response. Students are still subject to actions by the Bloomington Police Department and other bodies of law."

The Spierer's private investigator is still in town & working. He came into my wife's office today, told her who he was & asked if they had video from their business on 9 & walnut. Unfortunately there is no cameras at the Place.

I drove through the 9th and Walnut intersection yesterday just to refresh my memory. I know little about the two apartment buildings on the east side of Walnut (north and south sides of 9th). For the most part, undergrad students must not live in these, can anyone confirm?

As I drove by and noticed these apts. I recalled Northsider's post about Lauren partying with a lesser-known group of people that night and ODing at the dealer's house. If she could walk, she wouldn't have to walk far to be in this vicinity. Nor would anyone carrying her over their shoulder have to walk far. Just FWIW.

Would that be an exit of sorts out of Bton? If so, FINALLY, someone is using their brains. Now, find the cars leaving Bton between 3:30-5AMis on June 3. Run the cars against the POIs/parents. There can't be many. Pay particular attention to the one with Michigan plates. Ok, call in the FBI to go to Michigan. How many people are in the car? When does that car show return on the video (if, in fact it did)? How many hours was it gone? It's not that complex. We're going on 4 months now and if that were my daughter out there I would have flipped SH** on the Bton LE long ago.

Could be easier... EZ Pass is digital. Track the EZ pass, see what vehicle DB was driving when he was traveling to and from Indy via Michigan. See if he still has the vehicle, track the vin # if it's been sold. In this day and age its almost impossible to get away with a severe crime. I still have faith who ever did this won't be getting away with it!

I found a small, weird thing that probably means nothing. But ... I googled DB and a 2008 FB group came up with his name and JR's name. But when I checked the site, DB isn't listed as DB, but with the last name of Louis. JR is listed as JR, though. I think DL is DB ... Cranbrook is referenced, and I checked the photo against a current one. It's an old public FB and probably irrelevant, but I wonder why the name DL? Especially since it came up on google as DB. Has anyone ever heard of DB going by DL? Is this a common thing to on FB maybe?

Here's a link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12533150420&v=wall

It's obviously a middle name to reduce attention to himself from people like us.. Same reason why DB's brother AB goes by the Adán Blezales on FB. Because they're sooooo smoooooooth and can't be found!

http://www.facebook.com/mr.bleznak

Thanks for the reminder. In double-checking that, I note that JR's football profile has him at 5'10", 185 lbs (in '07-08), unlike the Indiana criminal records, which have him at 5'7, 150 lbs (in '08 and '10). I assume still that they are the same person, but it is a discrepancy - the latter information could come from a driver's license that predates the football record, or the football record could be an exaggeration, I suppose.

Sports media guides always pad the stats of their players... Allen Iverson was always listed at 6'1'' and would be 5'10'' on his greatest day in life.. Just sayin.

If I have been following correctly, Runcible Spoon is where DB made his tweet. I was wondering if they would have a camera on their parking lot. Then they could match cars from the lot against cars traveling at 4:30 in the morning. Just a thought.

If I have been following correctly, Runcible Spoon is where DB made his tweet. I was wondering if they would have a camera on their parking lot. Then they could match cars from the lot against cars traveling at 4:30 in the morning. Just a thought.

I'm not sure, but I doubt they would have a camera. Do they even have a parking lot? The restaurant is in an old house on a residential street, with several of the houses converted into restaurants or shops. Whenever I have been there I've always parked on the street. Anything's possible of course, but it doesn't strike me as the type of place likely to have security cameras.

Could be easier... EZ Pass is digital. Track the EZ pass, see what vehicle DB was driving when he was traveling to and from Indy via Michigan. See if he still has the vehicle, track the vin # if it's been sold. In this day and age its almost impossible to get away with a severe crime. I still have faith who ever did this won't be getting away with it!

I'm assuming you're talking about EZ Pass for toll roads...? The only toll road that I know of in Indiana runs east-west along the northern border. He would not have been on that road, or at least very unlikely. His route likely would be Indianapolis and then 69 North to MI.

IU has implemented a new policy concerning alcohol- and substance-related emergencies.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=82959

"This new standard operating procedure applies to students for emergencies both on campus and in the city of Bloomington. Currently, the policy only affects University response. Students are still subject to actions by the Bloomington Police Department and other bodies of law."

OK, so I read this over, and it's such a good move ... for any university community (or any type of community). This has the potential to really make a difference ... I hope other schools are taking note. I've recently heard that young people party near the docks in my town (not smart). If someone didn't help an intoxicated person, that person could possibly drown. I can only thing that this type of "operating procedure" could save a lot of lives in many types of communities. I really like what IU has done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1