IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smackdown from the Big Gomer:

Attorney General: New York private investigators are operating illegally
Private investigators brought to Indiana by the parents of Lauren Spierer may have to stop their search for the missing IU student.

Not only are the New York private eyes unlicensed in Indiana, police said they have received complaints of harassment and Fox59 has even heard reports that the investigators illegally entered a resident, which could result in criminal charges.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-atto...operating-illegally-20110926,0,7686155.column

Attorney General: New York private investigators are operating illegally
Private investigators brought to Indiana by the parents of Lauren Spierer may have to stop their search for the missing IU student.

Not only are the New York private eyes unlicensed in Indiana, police said they have received complaints of harassment and Fox59 has even heard reports that the investigators illegally entered a resident, which could result in criminal charges.

Thanks for sharing. Did you hear this on tv?Why is this not surprising? There must be some detectives out there with more forensic type skills who could get further with this. Don't you think? But gotta say I'd like to know where they broke in if that's true.

Thanks for sharing. Did you hear this on tv?Why is this not surprising? There must be some detectives out there with more forensic type skills who could get further with this. Don't you think? But gotta say I'd like to know where they broke in if that's true.

Sorry, I added the link now.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-atto...operating-illegally-20110926,0,7686155.column

Wow... I hope Fox59 gets someone to edit that story.... because "entering a resident" could REALLY result in some serious charges... I imagine they meant "entering a residence"... :floorlaugh:

I feel bad for the Spierers...they don't need this controversy. I know they hired him, but still...

Wow... I hope Fox59 gets someone to edit that story.... because "entering a resident" could REALLY result in some serious charges... I imagine they meant "entering a residence"... :floorlaugh:

I caught that but your delivery tops mine by miles.
-holly

Of course, people do get back to their regular lives. But I do find it... disconcerting? that even some of her closest friends moved so quickly back to publicly posting and tweeting about partying, 'raging' and taking xanax. :(

Then again, people bearing an uncomfortably heavy load might feel the need to self-medicate.

I thought this was done all the time to find cheating spouses, corporate embezzlers and all those other things PI's do. Mostly unauthorized computer access. Heck even tabloid reporters routinely hack celebrity cel phones.

Holly, I disagree with your last sentence. If reporters hack phones routinely, the Murdochs would not have closed their cash cow newspaper, they would not have testified before Parliament, and the younger Murdoch would not have been called back to Parliament to testify.

Of course, people do get back to their regular lives. But I do find it... disconcerting? that even some of her closest friends moved so quickly back to publicly posting and tweeting about partying, 'raging' and taking xanax. :(

Say what! Is it girl friends or guy friends who are posting this stuff?

BD seemed to get going in his TV interview and spouted a bit too much. But sometimes when people get excited, they say things they might not say otherwise. BD said the PI's are hoping for just such an excited utterance, "I really didn't want to hurt her but she just stopped breathing." Is BD's excited utterance his theory of the case?

CS's comments about thinking of what the perp does everyday-- getting Starbucks, going to work-- seem to indicate she is not sure who abducted LS. Perhaps she feels that none of the POI's are responsible for the abduction, but one or some of them know something.

Heard from a reliable source that CS and RS have reached out to JW several times, but his parents have blocked contact. The comments CS and RS have made about JW in recent stories reiterates their support of him. Why won't he support them?

Has it been confirmed by MSM that all of JR's roommates were gone from the apt. on June 2/3? Could not find it.

Oh man, I totally needed that tonight. I am laughing so hard :crazy:

I wonder who they were harassing. I mean, I am assuming it was one of two apartments they entered.

Someone mentioned that sometimes workers sleep at construction sites for security purposes. Has LE confirmed that this might have been the case at the construction on 11th St. June 3? Maybe a worker saw something that could be helpful. If said worker is an illegal immigrant, he might be afraid to come forward.

And, the Waffle House in Bloomington is open 24/7 and local LE are always there, even at 4 a.m. Don't ask me how I know. :winko:

Holly, I disagree with your last sentence. If reporters hack phones routinely, the Murdochs would not have closed their cash cow newspaper, they would not have testified before Parliament, and the younger Murdoch would not have been called back to Parliament to testify.

I hear you Carmen101
The News Corp use of this technology was despicable. Clearly it is both possible and illegal. If it is being used to keep track of whether Brad and Jen are still in touch I could look the other way while someone had a look at who talked to who the night of June 2/3.

I believe Indiana is a state where a person can be recorded without his or her knowledge. If the PI from NY were as smart as he claims, he would hire some hot guy to pursue HT, make her confidence, sympathize with her about how her friends are being thought of as bad guys just because they were with LS that night. My guess is she would sing like a bird.

Heard from a reliable source that CS and RS have reached out to JW several times, but his parents have blocked contact. The comments CS and RS have made about JW in recent stories reiterates their support of him. Why won't he support them?

Seems that you answered your question in your post. His parents. But he is here so how are they blocking contact? Not a good idea for him legally if he is still a poi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther