IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just occurs to me... and I'm not usually one to suggest scenarios...

but what if...

what if this really took place at 10th & College, rather than SW... and what IF the person walking towards her were JR....

Well for one thing, if she didn't make it back to his place with him that would explain the possible lack of evidence at his apt. Maybe a car was nearby.

A problem I have, if this is the mystery man, JR doesn't fit the description, nor does DB.

But I can go with this scenario. It works when you think about it. It would explain why JR puts her at his place and the story he tells. Because it's the opposite of what would have happened in this scenario.

but what if...

what if this really took place at 10th & College, rather than SW... and what IF the person walking towards her were JR....

Entirely possible, assuming it occurred (probably well) after 3. Not necessarily inconsistent with JR's story, either, assuming it occurred (probably well) before 4:15. The in between time is consistent with the mystery witness report (assuming it's truthful/accurate).

The person could also be JR's guest. It's correct that neither JR nor DB fits the mystery witness description. I don't think we know of anyone who does (though some come closer, yes). However, while I think JR had only one guest, I am not sure of that, and wonder if he might have had another. Perhaps one who does fit the description.

but what if...

I don't have the stamina to probe much further tonight but its definitely worthy of discussion and I look forward to reading everyone's take on it. And the fact that you don't typically do scenarios makes it more meaningful imo. Could be you're picking up on something!

:saber:

hmmm... I was thinking more in terms of her LEAVING 10th & College... and JR (or DB?) following her...

hmmm... I was thinking more in terms of her LEAVING 10th & College... and JR (or DB?) following her...

I'm not sure this is different from what I'm saying... LS leaves CR/MB around 3, presumably goes to JR's, (if the reports are correct) is out on College with JR (or guest) around 3:30-40, (if JR is telling the truth) returns to 5N, then leaves JR's at 4:30.

or.. what if... rather than "watching her go to the corner"... JR actually followed her... and was seen by the alleged eyewitness?

OTOH... if he actually spoke to an eyewitness, it would seem like he'd be more accurate about his story.... hmmmm...

or.. what if... rather than "watching her go to the corner"... JR actually followed her... and was seen by the alleged eyewitness?

OTOH... if he actually spoke to an eyewitness, it would seem like he'd be more accurate about his story.... hmmmm...

The witness account is presumably around 3:30. His story is around 4:30. I can't imagine they didn't poly him on the timing.

Good point... I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the witness had just gotten off work...

On the night LS disappeared, the bartender had gotten off work and drove by Smallwood
on her way home. She saw a young girl outside of Smallwood who looked completely
wasted. A male person was walking down the sidewalk towards her. She turned her vehicle around and went back. She asked the girl if she was ok. The male person responded, “She is with me”. Again she asked the girl if she was ok. Again, he responded, “I said she is with me”. The bartender went home.

Thanks for sharing. I snipped the part above because I think its important to note that she couldn't merely turn the car around and go back, she would have had to have driven completely around the block. This would involve potentially waiting at the stoplight at 7th/College.

The witness account is presumably around 3:30. His story is around 4:30. I can't imagine they didn't poly him on the timing.

What if JR isn't being deceptive about the timing and just incorrectly believes it for whatever reason? A five year old would have little trouble passing a polygraph on the existence of Santa for example.

Thanks for sharing. I snipped the part above because I think its important to note that she couldn't merely turn the car around and go back, she would have had to have driven completely around the block. This would involve potentially waiting at the stoplight at 7th/College.

at that time of night, there probably wasn't much traffic... she MIGHT have simply backed up a little ways...

Haas anyone seen this yet?

Hammond, Ind. - Police in Hammond, Indiana are investigating human remains found near 117th and Indianapolis Boulevard.

The remains were found by a Michael Bender, who walking his dog on Wednesday afternoon. The dog dug up a finger bone with a gold ring still on it. Bender said the ring was small, and had a cross and blue stone.

"The skull was quite small in my opinion, although I've never seen a skull before," Bender said. "A young girl with long brown hair? A small girl or small woman."

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...mains-girl-skeleton-skull-ring-found-20111005

Oh my Bessie ... does anyone remember the description they gave searchers of the ring Lauren was wearing?

Thanks, bx. I couldn't remember. Then the jewelry's not a match. :(

Then I wonder if the body is one of our other missing.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said the same thing about this entire account, how it three times removed, above. That doesn't stop me from responding to the information at hand and the only quoted words that were reported. I think it makes sense and others do too. "Nefarious" and "evil"?? Those are your words, not mine.

Insert whatever words you want in place of those, I was simply pointing out that we don't have the context to know how the 'quoted' words of the encounter were spoken and they didn't have to be creepy at all. Speculate that they might've been creepy or controlling, but remember the bartender apparently wasn't concerned enough at the time to think it warranted further interaction or to call the police.

None of that was directed at you in particular, just to anyone who might be inclined to focus in on that type of speculation and allow it to become fact in short order.

Things like this have a tendency to snowball when there's so little official info getting released.

And at the end of the day, we don't even know if the encounter was with LS or simply even a figment of someone's imagination.

And has been noted, there is a serious problem with the story as relayed because of the street being a one way street making the turn-around part questionable. But as been noted, that could possibly be explained and could be a matter of the story changing as it changed hands.

Haas anyone seen this yet?

Hammond, Ind. - Police in Hammond, Indiana are investigating human remains found near 117th and Indianapolis Boulevard.

The remains were found by a Michael Bender, who walking his dog on Wednesday afternoon. The dog dug up a finger bone with a gold ring still on it. Bender said the ring was small, and had a cross and blue stone.

"The skull was quite small in my opinion, although I've never seen a skull before," Bender said. "A young girl with long brown hair? A small girl or small woman."

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...mains-girl-skeleton-skull-ring-found-20111005

Despite the jewelry apparently ruling LS out, there are a couple of "commonalities" ... the fact that the body is of a girl or small woman and:

"Bender called police and they posted a guard at the location, which is a construction zone."

The construction around 5 North has always interested me, in terms of a disposal place or even a place someone (random or otherwise) might lurk.

I don't like this guy's attitude. By his choice of words he sounds territorial and defensive. And the fact that they were not walking together is unexpected to me. It could be she couldn't keep up tho.

OTOH it's a bit curious that the bartender would retell the story to her co-workers the next day; OTOH maybe she shares all of her episodes this way, and/or she felt concerned.

Good point about the attitude/words ... and I might add that the dialogue might fit with the events of the night, if LS had made a choice to leave with CR, for instance. OTOH, it might also fit someone who was trying to get her away from CR and company (ZO?).

Most guys don't like to get punched in the face, so IMO, CR probably found some relief in the fact that LS left with him (if she did so willingly), even if the altercation didn't involve her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member