IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the moderators here are very keen not allow anyone to be slandered. Theories and possibilities are discussed, and certainly people's behaviors and realities (sometimes unpleasant) are discussed and analyzed. You are the first person to come forward to say anything positive about JR. I'm curious if there is a consensus out there? If there are people that know that JR was involved drugs they should call LE. Yet, I certainly would also like to know if that is the case or not. I've met all sorts of people who have another life you would never suspect and that is how they are successful at it.

Also, curious why you think JR isn't talking? Someone posted that JR had 2 violations for using fake ID, is that a lie? If it's true what do you think of that? It doesn't sound like you know him personally, so I'm curious how you could be so sure of his character?

Thanks for joining in...

Listen again I only have a problem with a few of the posts were statements were made as if they were fact.

Again I don't know the guy but my daughter called him a "good" friend. I realize that she has hundreds of "good" friends and possibly there are things she does not know about him.

And no my daughter is not into drugs. And yes I would know since I had a child go through rehab and am very drug aware.

Being "into drugs" can mean anything from a casual user to a dealer. My objection is to label someone a dealer when there has not even been public fact indicating that any of these kids used drugs.

The LE stating that they are taking everything into consideration and investigating all possibilities when asked about drugs is NOT an admission that anyone was using drugs.

If JR does not know what happened then he has nothing to talk about.

I think ALL college kids use fake IDs.

I think what OUR politicians do is MUCH worse.

Please point me to a post where I said ANYTHING about his character.

All I was objecting to was his being labeled a DRUG DEALER and stating that he THREW LAUREN'S body into a trunk.

The people who have raised these same thoughts in the form of a question I did not object to them . It is the posting of statements as if they are facts when there is no evidence that I object to.

Also, unless they were watching the game tape-delayed, the above quote makes no sense to me. The game was over around 11. I live in Central Time and watched that same game myself.

Why was she going over after 12:30 to watch that basketball game? (I think I read in the other article that the game they watched was the same game that JW watched, which I believe was the NBA playoffs)

Since roommate herself was not there, how does she know what LS was doing in JR's apartment before going to the bar? I presume somebody who was there told her?

Also, unless they were watching the game tape-delayed, the above quote makes no sense to me. The game was over around 11. I live in Central Time and watched that same game myself.

Why was she going over after 12:30 to watch that basketball game? (I think I read in the other article that the game they watched was the same game that JW watched, which I believe was the NBA playoffs)

The reporting in this case has been chaotic at best. Typos abound with wrong dates, locations.... I think this is speculation or an incorrect quote.

"One detective is in Washington D.C. and two other detectives will be in Bloomington helping the numerous personnel take extra tips that might be received after the airing of the show."

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81886

This article makes it sound like outside detectives. Others I read stated that they sent a detective to DC to give a report. They were talking about the FBI so I thought the detective was sent to give a report to the FBI

However from this link it looks like he was sent to give info to the AMW show and help with the tip lines.

"Police said they sent a detective to Washington, DC to provide information about the case for the show and have extra staff manning the phones in hopes tips will come in after the broadcast."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06...rer-as-case-about-to-be-broadcast-nationwide/

I respectfully disagree. I attended IU from '99-'02. While I never partook, I have first hand knowledge that there is a cocaine problem. Maybe it depends on the circle. My friends and I never engaged, but there were those around me who did. The problem was widespread enough that cops were posing undercover and busting circles back in '03. This is a fact. I don't say this AT ALL to be sensationalistic- but this has affected me in a very personal way, and it did and probably still does in fact happen among the student body. Trust me, there are rings, and even the 'good' kids from Indiana/Indianapolis can get involved.

I agree. I graduated in 2003 and saw a lot. To me, it's normal. Also, the people who did the harder drugs, or even pot, didn't openly do it. It's not like tv where you see these junkies everywhere. They would go in a different room, go out back, etc. You would have no clue what they were doing unless you were in that crowd.
I also dated a wealthy jewish kid down there and saw first hand how his NY roommates behaved. They had a bong worth more than my car was worth at the time!

To me, this is reality. I saw what happens behind closed doors. I've been in that group. Adults seem clueless about what their children do when off at college. I work at a regional college now, and even the kids here do crazy stuff. And by the way, they are protected by ferpa. This means that if a student gets busted on campus doing anything against the college code or law, their parents, friends, roommates, neighbors do not have priviledge to know what happened. You wouldn't necessarily know the goings-on on campus.

I also dated a wealthy jewish kid down there and saw first hand how his NY roommates behaved. They had a bong worth more than my car was worth at the time!

To me, this is reality. I saw what happens behind closed doors. I've been in that group. Adults seem clueless about what their children do when off at college. I work at a regional college now, and even the kids here do crazy stuff. And by the way, they are protected by ferpa. This means that if a student gets busted on campus doing anything against the college code or law, their parents, friends, roommates, neighbors do not have priviledge to know what happened. You wouldn't necessarily know the goings-on on campus.

I know that "group" if you mean those who like to party and drink excessively includes many, many kids outside of the rich, East Coast Jewish ones.

I was kidnapped by Hoosier parents during my son's first couple of days. I never knew that so much beer could be consumed by so few people.

They were all from Indiana.

Back to Lauren I think the reporting in this case is horrendous with so many reports being false. If the reporter cannot be at the conferences then they should not be reporting the "facts".

Or maybe it is a reflection on the quality of education being received now-a-days.

Please, do not argue and attack each other. If you have a problem with a post, use the alert button (the red triangle). This board also provides a wonderful Ignore button. You can opt to ignore all posts from any member you choose, except mods, of course. ;)

We're over 600 posts in here, so time for a new thread. I'll get a new one started now and then close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500