IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: I've been so tied up in a couple of other threads, I totally missed this.

(A pm would've been nice. :snooty: ) ;)

:crossfingers:

Potential new lead in case of missing college student Lauren Spierer
By Lorenzo Ferrigno and Joshua Berlinger, CNN
Updated 6:13 AM ET, Fri January 29, 2016

(CNN)The Indianapolis office of the FBI is helping in the search for Lauren Spierer, a college student who went missing nearly five years ago.

The FBI and the Bloomington Police Department confirmed Thursday that the federal agency was assisting at a location in Morgan County, about 30 miles north of the college town.

CNN affiliates WISH and WRTV reported that the FBI and local authorities searched a home in Martinsville.
WRTV cameras captured authorities and K-9 units working near a house and another wooden building on the property. A pickup truck was also seen being towed away.

http://fox59.com/2016/01/28/fbi-blo...tion-in-ongoing-lauren-spierer-investigation/

The white truck that was towed today does not look the same as the white truck on the video.
Thank goodness!

If that da*n white truck was involved, and would provide a clue to Lauren's whereabouts, so be it. That would be wonderful! But personally, that would be a whole lot of crow to eat -- which I will devour with delight if it means Lauren finally will come home.

My heart is wrapped around the shoulders of her mom and dad right now. Let this be the time, the season.

A list of some of the crimes that Wagers has been accused of:
http://fox59.com/2016/01/28/authori...ed-to-disappearance-of-lauren-spierer-others/
He was charged in 2001 with four counts of public indecency after several women reported he had exposed himself and masturbated in public. In 2002, while he was still on probation for indecent exposure police say he pulled his pants down and fondled himself in front of middle school girls at a Martinsville bus stop.In 2004, police say Wagers exposed and fondled himself in front a teen girl near Mooresville High School. Months later he was sentenced to three years on sexual gratification charges. Then in 2013, Wagers was arrested three times for public indecency, invasion of privacy, and intimidation charges.
He also knocked on a woman’s door in Johnson County without pants on in August 2015. He was quickly arrested and sentenced to two years behind bars.
Police say there are several other open cases across central Indiana that Wagers could be connected to.

“If Lauren is there, I just want to know,” Charlene Spierer

told 24-Hour News 8’s Jessica Smith Friday morning.

We're with you here, Charlene.

Wow, I wonder how it came about that this guy is potentially involved in several cases of missing women, especially since, if I understand correctly, he is in prison now. I hope this isn't another case of crazy people telling stories to cellmates... Or do I hope it is? It's hard to tell. Each time there is a potential lead it brings up a whole new horrible scenario of what may have happened to Lauren. But above all, I hope the Spierers find answers and justice for Lauren. My thoughts are with them.

Interesting thought about the white truck being a tip, bx2.

Edited to add:
He is now in custody for those crimes at the Johnson County Jail.

Sheriff Cox released a statement saying his agency has nothing to do with the investigation carried out Thursday in Martinsville. Cox also said the investigation is not based on any information obtained from Johnson County.
(From the wishtv article posted above)

Anyone know when Wagers was in jail and when he wasn't?

Anyone know when Wagers was in jail and when he wasn't?

According to doxpop, a judge in Columbus Indiana set this guy free last August on probation. He then turned around and exposed himself again in Johnson County shortly after.
I, too wonder how this guy became a suspect in the Spierer case?
Now, before someone asks me about the term suspect. Answer, I don't think the FBI comes to dig up your property unless you are a suspect.

According to doxpop, a judge in Columbus Indiana set this guy free last August on probation. He then turned around and exposed himself again in Johnson County shortly after.
I, too wonder how this guy became a suspect in the Spierer case?
Now, before someone asks me about the term suspect. Answer, I don't think the FBI comes to dig up your property unless you are a suspect.

I read somewhere, can't recall where at the moment, that it was an anonymous tip. Not sure if this is true.

Wow, I wonder how it came about that this guy is potentially involved in several cases of missing women, especially since, if I understand correctly, he is in prison now. I hope this isn't another case of crazy people telling stories to cellmates... Or do I hope it is? It's hard to tell. Each time there is a potential lead it brings up a whole new horrible scenario of what may have happened to Lauren. But above all, I hope the Spierers find answers and justice for Lauren. My thoughts are with them.

Interesting thought about the white truck being a tip, bx2.

Edited to add:

(From the wishtv article posted above)

Re: interesting thought about white truck being tip (per bx2): While looking for info on the fire that allegedly occurred in Martinsville, I found this in an Indianapolis Monthly article:

"Bloomington police, acting on an anonymous and 'very specific' tip, send a dive team to search Lake Monroe, south of Bloomington, near the Fourwinds Resort and Marina. The dive turns up nothing."

I had forgotten that there was a tip about Lake Monroe. Does anyone else recall info about the fire? I do find it interesting that Martinsville has come up yet again.

This is the lead story on People.com right now; nice to see this level of publicity: http://www.people.com/article/lauren-spierer-fbi-search-home-justin-wagers-sex-charges

Even if this search turns up nothing, it's interesting insofar as it suggests LE thinks the 5N boys aren't directly responsible. As time has passed, I've come to believe it was a stranger. There's just no way that no info leaked after all this time if the 5N boys all knew what happened; the chances that they were all conscious-less sociopaths was very low. I particularly never believed that if it was an accident/OD, they would all have agreed to cover it up and stuck with the agreement for all this time now that they've mostly moved on; one or more of them would have sought immunity and spilled their guts.

I read somewhere, can't recall where at the moment, that it was an anonymous tip. Not sure if this is true.
I've heard hearsay and rumors that he informed someone in jail for what its worth. But it makes me wonder if LE has had this area (Martinsville) in mind for awhile in regards to where she might be for them to act so quick and involve the FBI.

I'm hoping that she died because of her heart condition then by the hands of this creep.

jmo

I've heard hearsay and rumors that he informed someone in jail for what its worth. But it makes me wonder if LE has had this area (Martinsville) in mind for awhile in regards to where she might be for them to act so quick and involve the FBI.

The FBI has been involved as far back as the landfill search. And we really don't know that they are acting quickly. They may have been working along this line for years in order to get enough evidence to get search warrants.

My iPad would not copy the list of chargers this sex offender has. He sounds like he has a real problem! Where he was arrested in August 2015, he was sentenced to two years. Is he going to be another criminal who gets an early release like we are seeing lately?!!

His record goes back to 2001. It makes me wonder if he was ever considered in Lauren's case or did LE have tunnel vision on the 5N guys?

Did the private PI investigate him?

Wagers was in jail in Bloomington not long after Lauren went missing, arrested for a felony in July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnt328