IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Been reading Websleuth's for awhile and particularly this case since I live in Bloomington. Finally decided to make an account.

Note that the police have the truck moving westward at the 10th and Morton intersection without stopping. (If I'm wrong, I apologize.) This takes it to Rogers St. after a winding turn through the Showers Plaza and then either North or South. One block northward, 11th St. can go westward, thru "The Hill" area and then out to Highway 37 or further North. Southward is anybody's guess...

I wonder if the Showers Building or Cook Clinic would have video?

I wouldn't jump the gun on this truck. That looks like a construction truck and there are construction sites all over the place in B-ton right now. 4am seems a little early for construction workers but not out of the question. And some of these workers come from out of town.

It's just the case of another possible lead in what seems like a lot of dead ends.

If the truck is somehow involved, then it's big. If it's not, then it was in the area the time she disappeared, and might have some information to offer up. Either way it's relevant.

"One block northward, 11th St. can go westward, thru "The Hill" area and then out to Highway 37 or further North."

By this I meant that 11th COULD go further North OR Westward to 37.

RustB, :wagon: :welcome: :fireworks: !!!! It's great to have you here!

Welcome to Websleuths, RustB. Thank you for the added detail. :tyou:

:welcome5:

Here's the image of the truck from Blazelet's link:

whitechevytruck2.jpg

http://www.theindychannel.com/image/28245532/detail.html

Any vehicle is relevant at this point, until it can be determined that it is not, IMO.

LOCALS~ Do a lot of construction folks work weekends around there? Curious if it is common for construction workers to work on Saturdays, maybe at that construction site near where Lauren was last seen?

LOCALS~ Do a lot of construction folks work weekends around there? Curious if it is common for construction workers to work on Saturdays, maybe at that construction site near where Lauren was last seen?

OK dumb question...but wasn't it the morning of Friday, June 3rd when she went missing? I was thinking that NBA games are on Thursday nights, not on Friday nights so that the game was June 2nd...

I hope the truck is the answer and that she is alive somewhere in a random cabin or something. I am also curious about the other videos and information they have that they are not releasing yet. I know we don't have a right to it though!

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but Lauren was last seen Friday morning, June 3rd.

Before we go any further into the discussion of the truck, I'm going to start a new thread. Be back in a few.

I wouldn't jump the gun on this truck. That looks like a construction truck and there are construction sites all over the place in B-ton right now. 4am seems a little early for construction workers but not out of the question. And some of these workers come from out of town.

True, but think about how often construction workers/crews don't show up to a work site and the manager just calls a different crew. This is especially true if they are subcontractors. If they swiped LS and skipped town, I doubt anyone at the time would have given it a second thought about them not showing up.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28245536/detail.html

It appears like the 2 different pictures that I have seen are slightly different. One looks like the cover over the short bed is all the way closed. The other looks like the cover is partially open with some equipment in the back.

I wonder if it is just a truck that picked up some equipment or dropped some off. Seems like a strange time to do that.

Someone in the first thread brought up another possibility...that Lauren headed to another destination after JR last saw her. She could have gone to see somebody else she knew in the area or maybe even saw a kid or kids hanging out and went to talk to them. There are houses along College, somebody could have been sitting outside at the end of a late night and started up a conversation with her then invited her in.

Or someone could have driven up alongside her and asked her if she wanted to party.
Then in an already intoxicated / high state she said yes and got in.

Thanks all, I had my days mixed up :blushing:

Too bad the Jack Bauer 'Zoom in and Enhance!' technology doesn't really exist.

So true....because to me it almost looks like a couple people sitting in the bed of the truck, just behind the rear window.

I wonder and bet LE has already checked IN registration on all pick up's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg