IN - Lorraine Kirkley, 34, Valparaiso, 21 July 1999

BorderGal said:
... Plus, investigators really thought she was buried somewhere in the Indiana Dunes due to soil samples found on gloves and a shovel retrieved from his home.

I wonder if he could have buried her somewhere in the Dunes at first and then decided to move her :confused: It is just strange that they found a news article buried with her that was dated 2 days after she was abducted....I sure hope she wasn't made to suffer that long :(

mysteriew said:
Anytime you are asked for a password, go to bugmenot.com enter the address of the news webpage that is asking for a user name- click submit and they will give you a user name and password. This works for most news sites.

Thanks so much mysteriew for that info! :blowkiss:

I have been reading a lot of the posts on here. I knew Lorraine Kirkley. I keep reliving the day that I heard that Lorie was missing. We all prayed and prayed for her return, but God had a different plan in mind. Lorie was one of the most amazing women that I have ever had the chance to meet. She was so on fire for God and absolutely loved life. David Malinski became infatuated with her and constantly stalked her and took pictures of her. He has admitted to having an addiction to *advertiser censored* and drugs which he believes contributed to the wicked crime that he committed. The family was able to have some closure once they were finally able to bury Lorie, but her husband will never be able to forget. He has moved on with his life but the pain and hurt will never go away. What David did was disgusting and inhumane, but we are thankful that he has found God. What we have to remember is that none of us deserve God, and even though we feel that David did one of the worst crimes, all sin is equal in God's eyes, so we don't deserve God's grace anymore than he. I will never forget Lorie or the horrendous things that she had to go through but at least she is with her Savior now.

corysbethers said:
I have been reading a lot of the posts on here. I knew Lorraine Kirkley. I keep reliving the day that I heard that Lorie was missing. We all prayed and prayed for her return, but God had a different plan in mind. Lorie was one of the most amazing women that I have ever had the chance to meet. She was so on fire for God and absolutely loved life. David Malinski became infatuated with her and constantly stalked her and took pictures of her. He has admitted to having an addiction to *advertiser censored* and drugs which he believes contributed to the wicked crime that he committed. The family was able to have some closure once they were finally able to bury Lorie, but her husband will never be able to forget. He has moved on with his life but the pain and hurt will never go away. What David did was disgusting and inhumane, but we are thankful that he has found God. What we have to remember is that none of us deserve God, and even though we feel that David did one of the worst crimes, all sin is equal in God's eyes, so we don't deserve God's grace anymore than he. I will never forget Lorie or the horrendous things that she had to go through but at least she is with her Savior now.

Thank you for posting Corysbethers. She sounds like a special woman, and it is a real tragedy for society that she was taken.

BorderGal said:
As I posted earlier, I followed this case pretty closely as it was a local story for me, and I don't remember ever hearing of a "secret torture room"...he had a hidden room in the attic which apparently was filled with *advertiser censored* . . .
I remember reading at
http://www.nbc5.com/news/5040626/detail.html?z=dp&dpswid=2265994&dppid=65195

Kirkley was abducted in 1999 by her co-worker Malinski. Prosecutors proved to a jury that Malinski took Kirkley to a secret room in his house, where he tortured her. Prosecutors won the conviction, even without Kirkley's body.
Note: I added the bolding and the coloring to the text.

Anyway, that is where I got the "secret torture room" thought from. It was reported as a secret room where he tortured her. It sounded like something out of a horror movie. That may have been why the reporter worded it that way.

I do not doubt there would have been others if there had not already been others.

Here are a couple of articles that I found and thought I might share...

http://nwitimes.com/articles/2005/10/16/news/top_news/b244c6840b4329428625709c000efdcd.txt

This link has Malinski's statement as well as a statment from David's parents and Lorie's husband, Bob.

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2005/10/01/news/top_news/de491851b18f0f5f8625708d0009affe.txt

A few interesting articles...

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2005/10/04/news/top_news/9477405db2e253fe862570900014b89e.txt

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2005/10/01/news/top_news/ad0e00135ce14b038625708d0001a9dd.txt

I just can't get her out of my mind. I can picture in my mind how she fought against David. She bit his finger and left a huge dent in their car in their garage as she pushed off of her SVU to try and get away. I can barely imagine the fear that she was going through as she wondered what would happen next and realizing that she would never see her husband again. God help Bob.

One of the lenses from her glasses was found under the stove, David Malinski's finger was almost bitten off, and there was a huge dent in the car in the garage. Investigators determined that Lorie pushed off of the vehicle that he was putting her in which slammed both of them into the other car leaving the huge dent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back