IN - Man Accused Of Forcing Daughter, 7, To Kill Pet Cat

I am Illinois too..where are you? I am in Chitown - howdy neighbor!!

I had no idea there were too many deer! Can't we just round them up and take them to a pretty glade?? lol.....j/k, but you know....do we have to shoot 'em?
Do you also eat them? because if you did, you could just knock my carnivore *advertiser censored* of my soapbox quick-like :)

Nope, I don't eat them that's for sure. My aunt had a cookout one time and served deer burgers. She didn't tell anyone but I could tell by the smell it was not beef. I wouldn't eat it and my sis did, she was sick thinking she ate deer. I am in Peoria, P-town but often go to Chi-town as my two of my brothers-in-law live there. They actually live in Palos Hills. We have so many deer out where we live it is kind of rural and when I go to work sometimes I see herds off 15-20 of them on the side of the road. State Farm said Illinois has the highest reports of deer car collision.

i grew up on a farm. we were expected to take part in the killing of animals. that rule started when i wouldnt eat eggs because baby chicks are just sooo cute. my parents said i needed to learn about how a farm worked. i was expected to clean up after and gather tools before hand. i was not expected to actually kill any thing. killing a animal for food is different than killing a animal for the sake of just killing. we kill animals for meat. we kill animals we think of as pest like rats. we kill animals for clothing, not only fur but leather and silk. i am ok with that and even understand why in a family business children may be involved.

earlier post talked about killing animals to control the population and there are better ways now but i understand why it was done in the past. this case i dont understand. he forced his child to kill a pet just so they would know how to kill a innocent life for no reason. this was torture not only for the cat but for the child. this man was pure evil and i pray his children are never exposed to him again and get help for the damage he has already done.

i grew up on a farm. we were expected to take part in the killing of animals. that rule started when i wouldnt eat eggs because baby chicks are just sooo cute. my parents said i needed to learn about how a farm worked. i was expected to clean up after and gather tools before hand. i was not expected to actually kill any thing. killing a animal for food is different than killing a animal for the sake of just killing. we kill animals for meat. we kill animals we think of as pest like rats. we kill animals for clothing, not only fur but leather and silk. i am ok with that and even understand why in a family business children may be involved.

earlier post talked about killing animals to control the population and there are better ways now but i understand why it was done in the past. this case i dont understand. he forced his child to kill a pet just so they would know how to kill a innocent life for no reason. this was torture not only for the cat but for the child. this man was pure evil and i pray his children are never exposed to him again and get help for the damage he has already done.

I agree with your post, sherri. This man was drunk and violent - that's the long and short of it.

Nope, I don't eat them that's for sure. My aunt had a cookout one time and served deer burgers. She didn't tell anyone but I could tell by the smell it was not beef. I wouldn't eat it and my sis did, she was sick thinking she ate deer. I am in Peoria, P-town but often go to Chi-town as my two of my brothers-in-law live there. They actually live in Palos Hills. We have so many deer out where we live it is kind of rural and when I go to work sometimes I see herds off 15-20 of them on the side of the road. State Farm said Illinois has the highest reports of deer car collision.

I ate goat and deer as a child...would not touch it now with a 100 ft pole!

"I am extremely sorry," Danield Collins said on his sentencing by Judge Robert Barnet Jr in Muncie, Indiana. Collins, 39, pleaded guilty to one charge of animal cruelty and two of neglect of a dependant. Collins must receive counselling and attend parenting classes and substance abuse treatment. He is also prohibited from owning another pet...

He said he was drunk at the time.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/child-stabs-cat/2008/08/30/1219516798015.html

A man accused of forcing his 7-year-old daughter to stab the family cat by holding a knife in her hand has reached a plea agreement that would send him to prison for 18 months.

Danield John Collins, 39, pleaded guilty Thursday to one count of domestic violence/animal cruelty and two counts of neglect of a dependent. He was being held on $40,000 bond...

Collins said at Thursday's hearing that he was intoxicated when the cat was killed and remembered little about that day's events - other than falling on the cat at some point. He did not dispute his children's account of his actions.

http://m.pantagraph.com/news/weird-...cle_cc59347b-b2a4-5f30-a4fa-4199bc449141.html

Where is the mother???????????????????????????
Why did the grandparents leave the children with him if he was that drunk.
I wonder who is going to be the sicko to fork up the bail to get this creep out.
Furthermore, were I a defense attorney I'd risk losing my job before taking this case.

I would personally like to get my hands on that man and...........in lieu of being band from WS I will say no more!!!!

Where is the mother? I am guessing he has visitation rights so she has to follow whatever the court ordered. At least that is my impression from reading the story, since children were visiting him in his house (so it doesn't sound like they were all living in the same house).

We do hunt deer and love the meat. With the deer burger the processor always mixes some hamburger meat in with it. In fact the best way we enjoy grilled deer burger is to mix the deer burger with the deer patty sausage and season it well. One pound of each. It has never smelled any differently than the beef we grill and I have been cooking both almost all of my life. (Which is a long time lol)

I would much rather eat venison than store bought beef that has come from inhumane slaughterhouses where the animals is corralled up and knows its going to die. We do eat the meat from supermarkets but I try not to think about what the animal went through and how they were killed. Still sometimes it does cross my mind. They do awful things to the cow even prodding it with an electric shocker or hitting it in the head with a metal rod. Ughh.

Plus deer meat is much much healthier. The American Heart Association recommends it highly as one of the healthiest meats humans can consume. At one time it was the #1 choice of meat on their site. Its delicious if it is prepared right and taste just like beef. The only thing is deer meat doesn't have a lot of fat like a cow does so it does have to be seasoned well. We love the cubed steak which I fry and put in a rich brown onion gravy. It is better than beef cubed steak to me and more tender. We use a great deer processor and he keeps his processing place totally clean at all times. I often wonder if the packaged beef falls on the dirty floor when processing do they just pick it backup? Is that one of the ways that e-coli gets into so much marketed meats?

One of our son-in-laws said he didn't eat deer meat. LOL! Well I cooked spaghetti one night using deer burger and he ate two big platefuls telling me it was scrumptious.lol Our daughter winked at me and we didn't tell him until he was finished. After then he said he 'thought' he didn't like deer meat but changed his mind.:) That was 25 years ago and when they visit he usually will request that I either make spaghetti or grilled deer burgers at least one time while they are here.

Its like with all meats and it depends on how the deer meat has been processed and how its cooked by each individual who cooks it and the age of the deer. Since we never trophy hunt my family would rather have a doe.

Some don't realize but if the deer isn't hunted each year they will become overpopulated which leads to starvation and sickness. Most of the time when a deer is crossing the road they are in desperate search of food and/or water. They are crossing roadways even more than ever in the area we live in and are causing very serious vehicle accidents, and even some deaths or serious injuries for the occupants.

The DNR says that hunting is down and that's why the deer are becoming overpopulated and that is never good for the deer herds. For many decades it was another way for families to bond by going out hunting for their food/helping clean it and cook it, but as more children are interested in inside activities only the tradition is falling off some. Thank goodness it isn't in my family. Our 11 year old grandson got his first deer this year when he was in the tree stand with my hubby.

Now back on topic:

I think this horrid man should have gotten way more time than 18 months.

The trauma his children suffered from his sadistic acts will be long lasting. These children will never be able to get this out of their mind. I hope they get all the therapy they need. Abusing a pet is one of the worst things that anyone can do. It shows a lot about the person who does it. I believe anyone who can abuse an animal will resort in them physically abusing humans as well beyond emotional abuse. It is not only despicable, disgusting, sadistic, perverse, but unforgivable. Saying he was drunk does not excuse his horrific actions. I don't drink but maybe once or twice a year during the holidays but I have been around people who were drunk, and not one of them wanted to harm a pet nor humans for that matter. I hope he is stripped of all rights once he serves his time.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back