IN IN - Marilyn 'Niqui' McCown, 28, Richmond, 22 Jul 2001

This is from my town and I've followed it for several years. Niqui's family has done an awesome job of keeping her name out there.

I always thought her fiance may have tried to sell her ring because so many people originally speculated that she got cold feet. The selling of the ring could have just been something done in anger that appeared suspicious to the police.

It definitely sounds like this other has something to do with it.

Prayers for Niqui and her family.

I know some of Niqui's extended family. I just hope some day they will find closure. They deserve at least that, they definitely didn't deserve to be going through this long, painful hell for over 7 years.

http://www.pal-item.com/article/201...+interest+in+woman+s+disappearance+found+dead

From staff and wire reports • February 3, 2010
A person of interest in an unsolved Richmond woman’s disappearance was found dead today in Alabama.

The Dayton Daily News is reporting on its Web site that Tommy L. Swint was found by law enforcement in Lee County, Alabama, shortly after noon. They were approaching Swint’s home when they heard a gunshot and found him dead inside.

Swint was a former Trotwood, Ohio, probationary police officer indicted today for the 1991 death of a Dayton prostitute.

Swint worked for the Trotwood Police Department for less than two months in 2007.

He was forced to resign when officials in Richmond told Trotwood officials that Swint was a person of interest in the 2001 disappearance of Marilyn “Niqui” McCown of Richmond.

Swint has denied involvement in McCown’s disappearance and was never charged. He and McCown were colleagues at the Montgomery Education and Pre-Release Center in Dayton.

McCown’s disappearance remains under investigation.

COLDCASENiquiMcCown29MISSINGsince20.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/LavandaDolce/COLDCASENiquiMcCown29MISSINGsince20.jpg

I just watched the episode...sounds like the coward took the easy way out to me and that Niqui's family will probably never know exactly what happened or where Niqui's remains are. Also, who know how many other women he (Swint) may have murdered. I know they don't have evidence against him in Niqui's case but it seems too coincidental that he murdered at least one other woman and had nothing to do with hers, when her vehicle was found so near his apartment.

I watched this episode last night (December 27, 2010). I too thought he took the easy way out and labeled him just as cluciano63 did.

But then I wondered why the killer would park her vehicle in his apartment complex. Praying for closure for her family. Her mom captured my heart.

Disappeared being on netflix has introduced me to all kinds of upsetting cold cases. For some reason this disappearance is one that really haunts me. A woman who disappears in a fairly crowded location, and a LE that's dismissive at best. (And, of course, there's the unsettling angle that the culprit may have even been in LE if the show is to be believed.)

In that sense I'm glad websleuths exists as a resource for the many cases that don't get mass media attention.

(Yes I'm delurking, haha)

:bump: for Niqui. :please:

Snipped:

On the day of her disappearance, McCown tried to contact her sister several times. Her sister says McCown was seeing another man, Tommy L. Swint, whom Webster didn't know about. Her sister warned McCown to end the relationship. Swint was sworn in as a police officer in Trotwood, Ohio in 2007, but he resigned from the department less than two months later. When the department found out he was a suspect in McCown's disappearance, a fact he hadn't disclosed to them, they told him he had to resign or be terminated.

I have watched the Disappeared episode for Niqui a couple of times now and it's disappointing to see that this case is still unsolved.

The laundromat probably doesn't hold any answers. It says that camera footage recorded Niqui loading the laundry into her car and it didn't appear she was under any duress. The most obvious and likely suspect is Tommy Swint. The car wasn't found too far from his residence and there is no other obvious reason she would have been traveling towards that area. With his suicide, there is no chance they will be able to verify what really happened and the case is stalled due to that aspect.

Robert Webster's actions seem suspicious yet they are explainable. Also the fact that he voluntarily participated for the program most likely means he wasn't involved. A person would have to be a psychopath to talk about someone they murdered and not have any kind of guilt in their answering.

Niqui's daughter has had to grow up without a mother and the rest of her family is clearly hurting. Thankfully, Niqui comes from a large family so people will always keep searching for her and she will never be forgotten. Hopefully, they can one day find closure.

The article from the post above no longer works. Here's the same one:
Family still hopeful 13 years after loved one’s disappearance

It's beyond obvious that Swint is responsible for Niqui's disappearance. I just think she went to his house that day and the worst happened.

If this is true, and we may never know, why would she go to the house of the big brother figure who tried to rape her? I don't know what the actual nature of their relationship was but the entire story is a tragedy. From Niqui's disappearance, to the shedded light on Tina Marie Ivory, to his guilt induced suicide and the forever unanswered questions for both families.

I really wonder what happened this day 15 years ago. I think Niqui drove over to Tommy's house after finishing the laundry. I don't think she invited him over to her house, and I certainly don't think he would've killed her and transported her body from her own home. I think she went over to his house that day and that's when this tragedy begins. I believe her body is in a heavily wooded area, just asTina Marie Ivory's was. If the forest workers weren't in the woods that day, Tina would be still deemed missing. Smh,that guy is rotting. He's probably connected to other missing and deceased women, too. So scary. I hope you're at peace, Niqui!

Sidenote: Bobby's innocent. He really didn't do this. If he wanted her gone for monetary purposes, he would've simply waited until after they were married for the insurance. No damn way would he kill her 3 weeks before the wedding when he was at stake for hundreds of thousands. Poor guy, he had to suffer losing his wife and BATTLE accusations that the remorse was phony and he was the killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny in Oz
Back