GUILTY IN - Marylyn, 52, & Kelley Erb, 23, slain in Westfield home invasion, 20 Dec 2013

Here is the probable cause statement. Wow! Everything is detailed here:

http://www.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/v6/egov/documents/1388159734_90252.pdf

The acquaintance is named here. Their FB page is easy to find and the photos do match the POI that the police were looking for.

It is interesting that Haley appears to have been fired from the Erb's business in June and fired again on 20 Dec, the morning of the murder. So, fired twice in just a few months time. The recent job that he was fired from was located on 146th Street and SR37, only 10 miles from Westfield. He had been to the residence before, so he knew where to go. He targeted the family because he was angry that he had been fired. I wonder what his recent employer is thinking now knowing that Haley killed the family of the last guy that fired him? Wow....

I have family in that area & used to shop at Sundown Gardens all the time when I lived there.

This is interesting...

Haley told a friend that he was angry over his June firing by Todd Erb, the affidavit said. Haley worked at Sundown Gardens for three months and told police he was fired for attendance problems.

He's (apparently) been harboring this extreme anger for SIX months before acting on it!

If it were truly about that, why would he have waited THAT long to do something? He had clearly been planning to do it not long after it happened (based on him telling his friend, pointing out the home, and stating what he wanted to do)

And if it were truly over the firing, why would he not have targeted the husband and not the mom and wife?

Plus, he had said he wanted to ROB them, not kill them. Could he have planned "just" to rob them, might one of the two have tried to fight back or run or shoot or call for help or something, and then he decided he needed to take them out of the equation entirely?

More later (again! ha)

It sounds like the flower delivery person must have (unbeknownst to him at the time) happened upon this crime while it was occurring....how scary that the dog was barking and he thought he saw movement in the house but there was no answer when he rang the bell in an attempt to deliver the flowers. How frightening.

Here is the probable cause statement. Wow! Everything is detailed here:

http://www.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/v6/egov/documents/1388159734_90252.pdf

The acquaintance is named here. Their FB page is easy to find and the photos do match the POI that the police were looking for.

It is interesting that Haley appears to have been fired from the Erb's business in June and fired again on 20 Dec, the morning of the murder. So, fired twice in just a few months time. The recent job that he was fired from was located on 146th Street and SR37, only 10 miles from Westfield. He had been to the residence before, so he knew where to go. He targeted the family because he was angry that he had been fired. I wonder what his recent employer is thinking now knowing that Haley killed the family of the last guy that fired him? Wow....

The firing is the part that I'm still not clear about....the affidavit makes it sound like this jackass was fired twice, once in June and again on Dec. 20th, but it's not totally spelled out that way. And the bit where perp states that he assumed he'd been fired Dec. 20th as his "card no longer worked" is confusing. Otherwise it does sound like he harbored this anger and resentment for a long time.

I wonder how he gained entry to the residence? Did I miss that?

The firing is the part that I'm still not clear about....the affidavit makes it sound like this jackass was fired twice, once in June and again on Dec. 20th, but it's not totally spelled out that way. And the bit where perp states that he assumed he'd been fired Dec. 20th as his "card no longer worked" is confusing. Otherwise it does sound like he harbored this anger and resentment for a long time.

I wonder how he gained entry to the residence? Did I miss that?

Police say Haley told them he'd lost his current job the morning of the murders, but denied having anything to do with the killings.

Could be charged with the death penalty. Picture of him in cuffs at link.

http://www.wibc.com/news/story.aspx?ID=2102416

Got it....thanks Colette....that makes sense. Wow....he's facing 170 yrs or possible death penalty.

How stupid do you have to be to walk into a store that has surveillance cameras everywhere and then use a victim's card? Do they not watch TV to know this is how perps get nabbed? Same with idiots who take a victim's cell phone and start calling their friends.

How stupid do you have to be to walk into a store that has surveillance cameras everywhere and then use a victim's card? Do they not watch TV to know this is how perps get nabbed? Same with idiots who take a victim's cell phone and start calling their friends.

Kind of funny that the guy on camera was not Haley the perp but rather his "acquaintance". I wonder if Haley was setting him up? The "acquaintance" said that Haley told him the card belonged to his "grandmother". But then the "acquaintance" shows up in sunglasses and a hat?

From May 2015:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...der-mother-daughter-get-life-prison/27782555/

The Indianapolis man who pleaded guilty in the 2013 Westfield home invasion and murders of a woman and her daughter has been sentenced to life imprisonment without parole.

Authorities say Christian Rene Haley broke into the home of Marylyn Erb, 52, and Kelley Erb, 23, and killed them after stealing their belongings... Haley, who was 20 at the time, was upset because Todd Erb — Marylyn's husband and Kelley's father — had fired him months earlier from a landscaping business...

Haley pleaded guilty to two counts of murder just before his trial was supposed to begin last March.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back