GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it proves to me is that someone else is involved. I don't believe Steve did the actual "stalking", I believe he got someone else to do it in exchange for a cut in that $1 million.

JMO
Whatever happened to the conspiracy charge? I've run several searches but everything says he was charged with murder. Was he ever officially charged with conspiracy??

I hope she doesn't have to testify. I'm sure she could provide plenty of evidence that Lindsey was a total deadbeat. Court records attest to that. But that doesn't make him a murderer. All that matters is the evidence that proves he shot Melinda.

I think there is ample evidence this wasn't a well-planned execution of this poor young woman. If it is true his clothes tested positive for gunshot residue even though he was tied up in another room, I think he's going to be nailed.

JMO

Whatever happened to the conspiracy charge? I've run several searches but everything says he was charged with murder. Was he ever officially charged with conspiracy??

Not that I'm aware but it can be tacked on later. They could be holding it over his head in order to get him to roll over on whoever else was involved.

JMO

I think there is ample evidence this wasn't a well-planned execution of this poor young woman. If it is true his clothes tested positive for gunshot residue even though he was tied up in another room, I think he's going to be nailed.

JMO

I thought it was his hands that tested positive which is why I said before that he may have been zip-tied by someone and gun residue was transfered....but of course that theory didn't go over well...

I thought it was his hands that tested positive which is why I said before that he may have been zip-tied by someone and gun residue was transfered....but of course that theory didn't go over well...

According to SL, he awoke to the sound of gunfire and his hands were already tied. No mention where the residue was found in this article.

He told police he later woke up in his daughter's bedroom to the sound of a gunshot, and his hands bound behind his back with zip ties. He said that even though his hands were tied behind his back, he was able to get them to his side and call 911 on his cell phone.

Court documents state that preliminary tests on Steven Lindsey returned presumptive positive for gunshot residue, though he told police he hadn't shot any weapons recently.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-court-appearance-st-0214-20150213-story.html

According to the news article I posted up thread, police said there were no footprints in the snow to the windows. That implies the perp(s) walked right in through a door.

JMO

investigators did not find any shoe prints leading up to any of the windows of the home, after examining the outside of the home, according to charging documents.

http://www.commercial-news.com/news...cle_5bc2171c-b702-11e4-be1b-bf515e255e47.html

I stand corrected. l had remembered incorrectly that there were no steps up to the door.

It has borne out time and again that the most dangerous time for an abused woman is when she is leaving her abuser.

No one makes the choice to be murdered. And I'm not blaming Melinda for her own murder.

I agree leaving is a dangerous time and also pregnancy is often a "trigger" for an abuser to escalate violence. The statistics of the increased likely-hood of being abused or murdered whilst pregnant are frightening. Do we know how far along Melinda was when she was murdered? This is so tragic it almost hurts to ask.

Steve is a grown man and made his choices. It is wrong to blame Melinda in any way for the choices he made.

JMO
Melinda made a choice also. She chose to stay with Steven even after she found out he was married. Of course that doesn't mean she deserved to die. But it is a fact.

I agree leaving is a dangerous time and also pregnancy is often a "trigger" for an abuser to escalate violence. The statistics of the increased likely-hood of being abused or murdered whilst pregnant are frightening. Do we know how far along Melinda was when she was murdered? This is so tragic it almost hurts to ask.

So very sad to read that...

Melinda made a choice also. She chose to stay with Steven even after she found out he was married. Of course that doesn't mean she deserved to die. But it is a fact.

She made a mistake. Nobody is perfect. None of us should need a reminder of that fact.

JMO

The number one cause of death of pregnant women in America is murder. Tragic, but true.

yes, I did know that...I guess I just didn't know Melinda was pregnant.I'm sure its been posted I must have missed it.

Ok I have to ask this. Why on earth did she stay with him? When did her family find out how deceitful he is? What was it about him that gave him such power over her??

She wanted to be different, she wanted to make things work she didn't like to fail

#JusticeForMelinda

She wanted to be different, she wanted to make things work she didn't like to fail

#JusticeForMelinda

I can relate to that attitude. It's very common in abused spouses. You think if you can just love him enough, you can conquer his demons. Unfortunately, that never works.

Poor Melinda. My heart truly hurts for her.

I can relate to that attitude. It's very common in abused spouses. You think if you can just love him enough, you can conquer his demons. Unfortunately, that never works.

Poor Melinda. My heart truly hurts for her.

It seemed to me, that Steve was in a position of power over her also, via his age, and skill at abuse and manipulation. If he kept her in a constant state of fear, insecurity and confusion, it might well have been easy for him to convince her that any "choice" she made of her own, (that didn't include hanging on to his fine self.), would be be a huge mistake...

Just wondering with SL having expressed to the courts that he is on medication for depression, anxiety, and sleep problems will the courts request a mental evaluation. When I think of this I grow concerned that it is going to be used in his defense, like the guy that killed his wife in his sleep.

It seemed to me, that Steve was in a position of power over her also, via his age, and skill at abuse and manipulation. If he kept her in a constant state of fear, insecurity and confusion, it might well have been easy for him to convince her that any "choice" she made of her own, (that didn't include hanging on to his fine self.), would be be a huge mistake...
He made her financially dependent too. He told her he would always take care of her and made her quit her job.

Just wondering with SL having expressed to the courts that he is on medication for depression, anxiety, and sleep problems will the courts request a mental evaluation. When I think of this I grow concerned that it is going to be used in his defense, like the guy that killed his wife in his sleep.
I thought the same thing when I read he had stated that he suffered from night terrors. He was "dreaming". That would be useful except for one teensy tiny detail, ....... how did he get tied up then? He can't have it both ways.

He made her financially dependent too. He told her he would always take care of her and made her quit her job.

And I'm guessing that he probably used their little one as a threat, e.g. leave me and you'll never see your baby again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX