GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be that he had life insurance while he was working full-time, but not after he was fired. Like you say, he didn't pay his child support or his rent. To think he would have continued to pay for life insurance on himself, for someone else's benefit should he die, is just not possible. According to public record, he was found in contempt of court in 2013. During 2014, two different lawyers filed motions on his behalf, and then asked to withdraw from the case. If I had to guess it would be because they didn't get paid. The man owed everybody.

I wonder if he didn't panic and kill Melinda because he wasn't paying for the policy on her either, and it was about to lapse.

I have also wondered if her life insurance policy was about to lapse for non-payment of premium. If he had group life insurance with an employer, it would have typically terminated at the end of the month in which his employment terminated, unless he converted the coverage (very pricey) or if there was a portability option (less pricey), but both require you pay the monthly premium to keep it in force.

Another question:
* How much life insurance is in force on the proposed Insured's spouse/domestic partner that is payable to the proposed insured or other dependent?
So it would seem as if he would have to be able to provide a satisfactory answer to that question in order to get a $1M policy on Melinda. Maybe he kept the policy on himself just long enough to get the one on her in place.

From what Melinda had told me last, Steve wasn't working any kind of steady job.

On a plus note, melindas mom got to see baby girl Friday!!!!!

&&& if all goes well I will get to join next time <3

As far as I know Melinda didn't have an issue with him traveling, from what I was told by her is HE didn't want to leave HER alone..

#JusticeForMelinda

I get the impression from what I have read that SL was very controlling and manipulative, a bully

Happy news that your going to get to see the little one, I bet you miss seeing her.

I pray every day that Melinda's family will gain custody of baby girl.

I get the impression from what I have read that SL was very controlling and manipulative, a bully

Happy news that your going to get to see the little one, I bet you miss seeing her.

I pray every day that Melinda's family will gain custody of baby girl.

god do i miss her!!! i feel like its been FOREVER!!!!

I keep telling Melindas dad, shes not even going to remember me! I feel like its been YEARS

god do i miss her!!! i feel like its been FOREVER!!!!

I keep telling Melindas dad, shes not even going to remember me! I feel like its been YEARS

She'll remember you, she'll be happy to see you,

The love you express for Melinda and baby girl is so clear from your posts, I hope that you always stay in baby girl's life, she will need her mommies friends as she grows up, she's going to want to know all about her mom, who better to tell her than those that loved Melinda

Something that bugs me as a parent, is that Melinda's family wasn't even given the chance to say good bye to her. I know that it would have been awful to see your child whom has been shot, but they should have been able to make that decision for themselves. Her parents should have been notified right away, not many hours later.

Many years ago my boss's daughter was in a horrific car accident, her car went under an 18 wheeler, she was an organ donor so they air ambulanced her to hospital, they gave her parents the choice to see her if they wanted too. For her mother to get closure she needed to see her baby, her father decided not to see her, to this day he regrets it.

Something that bugs me as a parent, is that Melinda's family wasn't even given the chance to say good bye to her. I know that it would have been awful to see your child whom has been shot, but they should have been able to make that decision for themselves. Her parents should have been notified right away, not many hours later.

Many years ago my boss's daughter was in a horrific car accident, her car went under an 18 wheeler, she was an organ donor so they air ambulanced her to hospital, they gave her parents the choice to see her if they wanted too. For her mother to get closure she needed to see her baby, her father decided not to see her, to this day he regrets it.

Were they notified many hours later?! I hadn't heard that. I know they were not notified right away, but many HOURS later seems unusual...cruel and sad. I would have been livid about that, if I were them.

Were they notified many hours later?! I hadn't heard that. I know they were not notified right away, but many HOURS later seems unusual...cruel and sad. I would have been livid about that, if I were them.
I guess we need SetHerSoulFree to answer that. All I know is that SL had her cremated against her family's wishes. I wonder what happened to her ashes. I hope her family at least was able to claim them.

Sethersoulfree will have to verify but I'm pretty sure that I read that the parents were not notified until after Melinda had passed which was hours after the 911 call. I'm really surprised that the police didn't ask about notifying Melinda's family, which then makes me think that SL told them that there was no relationship between Melinda and her family

Sethersoulfree will have to verify but I'm pretty sure that I read that the parents were not notified until after Melinda had passed which was hours after the 911 call. I'm really surprised that the police didn't ask about notifying Melinda's family, which then makes me think that SL told them that there was no relationship between Melinda and her family
Ouch. He's a real piece of work if that's true.

Not intending disrespect toward starshine4u, but she has contradicted herself. Yesterday I asked her who the contingent beneficiary was and she responded that she could not discuss the policy because of a lawsuit pending against the estate. But today she posted that the insurance company was contesting the claim and the claim would never be paid.

I got the feeling she only posted that, because she wanted the fact that Melinda's parents were suing out there, to instigate speculation that they were after the insurgence money. Someone actually said, omg someone wants the money, and starshine did not clarify, and I think she could have. She made everyone run to look up that info...

From what Melinda had told me last, Steve wasn't working any kind of steady job.

On a plus note, melindas mom got to see baby girl Friday!!!!!

&&& if all goes well I will get to join next time <3

As far as I know Melinda didn't have an issue with him traveling, from what I was told by her is HE didn't want to leave HER alone..

#JusticeForMelinda

Glad to see the family is making progress!!!

molly1255;11705284]Not intending disrespect toward starshine4u, but she has contradicted herself. Yesterday I asked her who the contingent beneficiary was and she responded that she could not discuss the policy because of a lawsuit pending against the estate. But today she posted that the insurance company was contesting the claim and the claim would never be paid.

Due to a pending lawsuit filed against Melinda's estate, I can't discuss anything else related to the policy, I'm sorry.

There is quite a bit more to the story that hasn't been released just yet.. I just can't get over knowing that she was alive for 2 hours after. She KNEW it was him.. The worst kind of betrayal.. The one you fully give yourself tooo.. Betrays you in the worst way.

I hope he rots and I'll be at ever single trial til he's being bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one states she was alive for 2 hours,

now to try find the one about the notification that her parents received

Not intending disrespect toward starshine4u, but she has contradicted herself. Yesterday I asked her who the contingent beneficiary was and she responded that she could not discuss the policy because of a lawsuit pending against the estate. But today she posted that the insurance company was contesting the claim and the claim would never be paid.

But discussing the policy today:

Your exactly right. Since the policy is under 2 years old it has already been contested by the company and there won't be any payouts to anyone, although they have to wait until this criminal case has been adjudicated to make that official.

Interesting.

Why so many posts about me? I did not murder Melinda. I have not disrespected Melinda. I have been polite to everyone on this board. I've never even stated my beliefs involving this case. It is true, there are things I can't discuss no matter how much I'd like too, that doesn't mean I'm lying or contradicting the things I do post. As for my personality traits, I've been far more civil then some on this board, but I won't judge you because I know what is driving the uncivility.

I got the feeling she only posted that, because she wanted the fact that Melinda's parents were suing out there, to instigate speculation that they were after the insurgence money. Someone actually said, omg someone wants the money, and starshine did not clarify, and I think she could have. She made everyone run to look up that info...

And life insurance proceeds are not part of the estate.

I wonder if there is going to be a wrongful death suit against SL as soon as he is convicted of Melinda's murder. I hope so, wouldn't want him being able to have anything while doing his time.

I merely mentioned the contradiction. It does exist. I never said anything about personality traits.

When I said I couldn't discuss the policy I meant the specifics of the policy because you had asked about beneficiary's. Saying the policy was being contested has nothing to do with the specifics of what is in the policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammy.was.low