GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were many times, I have thought; "what is wrong with them" when reading Melinda facebook, and other accounts of abuse on here and realizing SL often went over their house when he wanted to punish Melinda.

I have too! It would make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was like they were isolating Melinda. Torturing her. Purposely being MEAN to her.

And remember the Linsaey family member who was here posting? She was SL's "aunt" but claimed to have never met Melinda. What is that all about???

Maybe his family was embarassed by the whole situation. SL had been married. Had a nice wife, son and a home. He had a good job with a good company & made a good living. Then suddenly he's tossed out of the house, his wife divorces him because he's been having an affair with a 21 yo exotic dancer. Now his 21 yo girlfriend is pregnant so they move in together.

And who knows what he told anyone about anything. We do know that he told Melinda that his wife & son were dead when he met her. So we know he is capable of horrific lies. So who knows what he told other people about Melinda and or his wife? Narcissist are master manipulators. And they are EXPERTS at pitting other people agains each other.

He could have told people horrible things about Melinda in order to keep them from her. To keep them from getting to know her. To keep them from getting her side of things. And poor Melinda probably didn't have a clue that any of this was going on.
I remember reading Melinda's FB posts and how excited she was when "He's talking to me!" days after SL kicked her out.
I REALLY wish her FB account had been admitted into evidence. He probably would have been convicted the first time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I remember reading Melinda's FB posts and how excited she was when "He's talking to me!" days after SL kicked her out.
I REALLY wish her FB account had been admitted into evidence. He probably would have been convicted the first time.

I do too....I think the jury would have seen just how manipulated and abused she really was. They would have seen that sad, pathetic wedding in that dingy courthouse she accepted. They would have known how he had broken those photos. And how he had taken the baby from her and lied about her being drunk. Then her friends could have testified that she stayed home that night crying because he had left her. She had not "gone out & got drunk with her friends".

I do too....I think the jury would have seen just how manipulated and abused she really was. They would have seen that sad, pathetic wedding in that dingy courthouse she accepted. They would have known how he had broken those photos. And how he had taken the baby from her and lied about her being drunk. Then her friends could have testified that she stayed home that night crying because he had left her. She had not "gone out & got drunk with her friends".
I'd forgotten about the courthouse wedding. And the New Year's eve debacle.
Had Melinda told her family or friends exactly what was happening, maybe they could have talked her into leaving him. Then again, it's entirely possible that the night before the shooting Melinda said she wanted out.
But she loved him so much, she wanted her family so much, she probably forgave him everything.

I do too. I hope they go after the brother AND the sister-in-law. They were both in this. The SIL probably not as much as the brother, but she was in on it.

I have ran this through my head 100 times. And if my husband's brother brought their baby over here and said his "wife was drunk" and was just protecting the baby, I would not have allowed that to happen here. There is NO-WAY I would have played any part of that game.

And the morning of Melinda's murder? Again, I am trying to imagine in what world would my husband and I jump into a vehicle with loaded guns and go charging over to his brother's house BLIND without calling the brother back asked asking, "WTF" and or calling the police to say come save this family.

It would never, ever, happen!

So in my opinion, this scenario is a lie, this SIL is a wacho, she is also abused, or all of the above.
I tend to go with also abused, and worried for the SIL. The words "This is what happens when you piss off a Lindsey" keep running through my head.

Dunno, maybe she's a wacko to whom a cut of a million dollar insurance policy sounded good. But I tend to suspect she's scared for her own safety. Not sure why. Just a feeling.

I remember her post in reaction to his marriage proposal. "I will be a Lindsey". "We will be a real family". I think it stuck out for me because it was the one and only hopeful post in the whole thing.

I remember what she wrote about being a homemaker also, how it was the hardest job she ever had because there were no breaks and Steven didn't help at all. I'm sure nothing she ever did was good enough for him. That's how abusers roll.

I remember what she wrote about being a homemaker also, how it was the hardest job she ever had because there were no breaks and Steven didn't help at all. I'm sure nothing she ever did was good enough for him. That's how abusers roll.

I remember that too. And I remember on her f/b how everything she cooked, she cooked from SCRATCH. Can you imagine? She tried so hard to make that idiot happy. And it was never going to happen. Most men would be THRILLED to have a wife cook for them on a regular basis. Let alone make everything from scratch!!!

I have wondered too if the night before she told him she was done and wanted out. He is such a control freak, he couldn't tolerate her leaving him. So he sat up all night stewing, drinking & taking pills, until he had the courage to shoot her.

Was a toxicology done on him to verify whether or not he actually HAD taken all the meds he said he did?

I remember that too. And I remember on her f/b how everything she cooked, she cooked from SCRATCH. Can you imagine? She tried so hard to make that idiot happy. And it was never going to happen. Most men would be THRILLED to have a wife cook for them on a regular basis. Let alone make everything from scratch!!!

I have wondered too if the night before she told him she was done and wanted out. He is such a control freak, he couldn't tolerate her leaving him. So he sat up all night stewing, drinking & taking pills, until he had the courage to shoot her.
That could very well be, but I tend to think the fact that the insurance policy was about to expire had more to do with the timing than anything else. It was now or never for him.

I wonder what his original plan was.

That could very well be, but I tend to think the fact that the insurance policy was about to expire had more to do with the timing than anything else. It was now or never for him.

I wonder what his original plan was.

I always wondered about him spending money on that cruise when they had so many money problems - I always wondered if he planned for ML to "fall" overboard. I often wonder if the cruise operators have wisened up to this and installed security cameras to prevent this from happening.

I always wondered about him spending money on that cruise when they had so many money problems - I always wondered if he planned for ML to "fall" overboard. I often wonder if the cruise operators have wisened up to this and installed security cameras to prevent this from happening.
That's a scary thought. Now I'm wondering the same thing. Could be that was his original plan but they were never alone or out of sight. The stalking didn't start until after the cruise, did it? Wasn't it only 2 weeks or so before her death?

That's a scary thought. Now I'm wondering the same thing. Could be that was his original plan but they were never alone or out of sight. The stalking didn't start until after the cruise, did it? Wasn't it only 2 weeks or so before her death?

Could be he thought about it. But like you said, maybe never got a good opportunity. If she had screamed and someone heard her, she might have been rescued. Maybe he decided not to chance it.

In his mind he didn't have money problems. He had a million dollar payday to look forward to. I think he got the card and booked the cruise because he thought he deserved a vacation - and he didn't have to worry about how to pay for it.

I was wondering more what his original plan was for that night. It could not have been the way it went down. Anybody in their right mind would want to be miles away when her body was found.

My opinion is his plan was to kill her, stage a "stalker did it" scenario, perhaps have SHSF and friends who were supposed to meet her for breakfast find the body. But she didn't die. It's always bothered me that if she normally woke up at 5 or so, why was she still "asleep" at 6?
So, having shot her, probably around 2 am (because that's when he says he was attacked, right?), he is nervous because the gun jammed, or maybe the gun jamming MADE him nervous because he couldn't shoot her again to kill her. So he waits for her to die. Only she doesn't.
So, knowing that people are expected, he has to do SOMETHING hence the staged scene. Maybe he feeds Baby Girl, or maybe Baby Girl is calm because SL calmed her down.
But he calls 911 and brother, screaming, from another room. No way in hell is that baby going to be quiet while someone is screaming right next to her. He knows he has MINUTES now, so he calls 911 again, zip ties himself, kneels down in Baby Girl's room and waits.
By this point he has to know Melinda either won't make it or will be put on life support and he has the right to take her off.
I think the gun jamming, and the fact that she didn't die right away is what threw him off.

My opinion is his plan was to kill her, stage a "stalker did it" scenario, perhaps have SHSF and friends who were supposed to meet her for breakfast find the body. But she didn't die. It's always bothered me that if she normally woke up at 5 or so, why was she still "asleep" at 6?
So, having shot her, probably around 2 am (because that's when he says he was attacked, right?), he is nervous because the gun jammed, or maybe the gun jamming MADE him nervous because he couldn't shoot her again to kill her. So he waits for her to die. Only she doesn't.
So, knowing that people are expected, he has to do SOMETHING hence the staged scene. Maybe he feeds Baby Girl, or maybe Baby Girl is calm because SL calmed her down.
But he calls 911 and brother, screaming, from another room. No way in hell is that baby going to be quiet while someone is screaming right next to her. He knows he has MINUTES now, so he calls 911 again, zip ties himself, kneels down in Baby Girl's room and waits.
By this point he has to know Melinda either won't make it or will be put on life support and he has the right to take her off.
I think the gun jamming, and the fact that she didn't die right away is what threw him off.

Did the gun jam? I thought that was shown to be not true. I could be wrong.

I don't think she was shot that late IMO. It just doesn't add up.. That will forever haunt us..

#JusticeForMelinda

Most people have no first hand knowledge of murder and rely on TV and Movies. My ex was a cop, and trust me most of the time the assaulted never died pretty or fast. It was ugly and messy. The knowledge that she didn't die immediately, must have freaked him out. According to news she was swallowing blood. Remember had she survived she could testify. He surely didn't want that. The first call to brother may not have been "incoherent" as described by brother. It may have been to ask big bro for advice. Hence 2nd call to 911.
I agree with possible theory of falling off cruise. That might have been first plan. If a person is unemployed, who opens a credit card and books a cruise? Don't pay bills, but let's book a cruise. Cray cray Most ships have lots of security cameras because of the falls that have been successful.
I'm sad for this young woman, very sad. So sorry she lost her life and won't see her daughter grow up. Heartbreaking.

I think this is what happened, too. The policy was 10-11 days from cancelling for non-pay and the stalker story had been established in recent days.

I have always hoped and prayed that she was unconscious from the moment the bullet hit her. Her body may have still been working but hopefully her brain was shut down. I don't know anything about those kinds of wounds. It's just a hope I have. So sad.

Did the gun jam? I thought that was shown to be not true. I could be wrong.

Early news reports on this said the gun was found in an open-lock position. Another poster wrote that this meant the gun was jammed. I did ask someone I knew who knows a lot about guns and was told the gun would have been jammed if it was in that position.

Unfortunately I think SL shot Melinda closer to the time the movie started, that gave him time to tidy up and tend to baby girl before making his phone calls

I don't know which way I feel as to why, one moment I think it's because of money, and the next I think it's because Melinda was going to be free. Maybe it is a combination of both.

Knowing that SL had isolated Melinda from her loved ones, I hope that the prison he is sent to is so far from any of his family that he is lucky to ever have any visitors. With knowing that he emotionally abused Melinda, I hope that his new roommate is one of those big bullies, so SL can always live on eggshells in his new dwelling. With knowing SL is guilty of murder, I really hope that there is prison justice.

I think I'll keep praying that the police might be able to confirm up the conspiracy charges with charges being laid, nobody should get away with what was done to Melinda, if they knew they should pay,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member