GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #3

And I do keep checking back here to see is Steve's brother/wife are under the microscope. It really does seem like they were part of the plan.

As far as I know, in North Carolina the law states that if the insurance company has collected premiums and then the policy is determined to be invalid for whatever reason the insurance company has to at the least refund the premiums that it collected. So hopefully Melinda's family will be able to get something back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

As far as I know, in North Carolina the law states that if the insurance company has collected premiums and then the policy is determined to be invalid for whatever reason the insurance company has to at the least refund the premiums that it collected. So hopefully Melinda's family will be able to get something back.

Steven was the only beneficiary. When he was asked if baby girl should be the secondary beneficiary, he said no. He is still alive. It was never proven that the policy was the motive. The prosecution said they didn't know what the motive was, but suspected the policy had something to do with it. I remember at the time thinking they were smart to let the jury draw their own conclusions.

So - wouldn't they theoretically have to pay Steven?

Interesting thought.

I believe Met has stated there were two misrepresentations in the application. One was that Steve was said to have a $2M policy, and he did not. What was the other misrepresentation (nice way to say "lie").

I think SetHerSoulFree said it was something to do with Melinda's health.

Steven was the only beneficiary. When he was asked if baby girl should be the secondary beneficiary, he said no. He is still alive. It was never proven that the policy was motive. The prosecution said they didn't know what the motive was, but suspected the policy had something to do with it. I remember at the time thinking they were smart to let the jury draw their own conclusions.

So - wouldn't they theoretically have to pay Steven?
If he willfully brought about her own death, not an accident, then I don't think they can. They can refund the premiums, but I'm not sure who those would go to. I would hope Baby Girl through a trust fund.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

OK so tomorrow is sentencing day... any idea what time?

I can't stop thinking about Melinda tonight. What a short, sad life she had. I find myself hoping she had at least one happy, relatively carefree time in her life before she met Steven. I'd rather think of her happy and excited over her billboard photo shoot than isolated and enduring life with him.

I can't stop thinking about Melinda tonight. What a short, sad life she had. I find myself hoping she had at least one happy, relatively carefree time in her life before she met Steven. I'd rather think of her happy and excited over her billboard photo shoot than isolated and enduring life with him.

It was before him! She was always happy go lucky and bubbly!

Good morning, everyone. Praying for the max

It was before him! She was always happy go lucky and bubbly!

I was going to say that. I saw the photos on her memorial page, and she seemed like a happy normal child with relatives around her all the time.

Some weeks back the newspaper reported that he "might" appeal the decision. Wondering if this is still in the cards.

It's 9:13am in Indianna right now....may get the word shortly. Hope it is all of his life with no hope of parole.

Fingers crossed and praying for the maximum

I keep checking to see if the sentence has been determined yet. Like everyone else, I'm praying for the max. May he never set foot in society again.

I am waiting to hear on this, too. I hope he gets the maximum! He deserves nothing less.

The Northwest Indiana Times just showed breaking news - he was sentenced to 55 years. He'll be 91 years old then so this is basically a life sentence. Prayers to Melinda's loved ones.

I just read he was sentenced to 55 years! Not sure when or if he's eligible for parole, but that's basically a life sentence.

Happy dance! !!!!!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member