In memory of Amber Dubois

R.I.P. Amber, rest with the Angels.
May you get Justice for your shortened life.
We raise lambs also, and I will think of you every time I look at one.

Dear Amber,

Rest in peace, lovely child. I am relieved to know that you are past all suffering, but the world is a darker place without you in it.

I have no children, but I think if I had ever had a daughter she would have been a lot like you. I, too, am an animal lover (although I came to it much later in life than you did) and I, too, am content as long as I have a good book in my hands.

You have touched many, and you will be missed by many.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Amber and family. I lived in the Escondido area for a few years and have felt a personal tie to this and Chelsea's case. I volunteered in the search for Danielle Van Dam, as well. These predators need to stop taking our girls from us! As the mother of two daughters, this is heartbreaking and terrifying.

Amber Dubois never to be forgotten. Chelsea King never to be forgotten.

5 Years After Dubois Disappearance, a Look at Chelsea's Law

"Five years after Escondido teen Amber Dubois went missing while walking to school, officials look back at the law aimed at preventing Dubois and Chelsea King's killer --..."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...245416961.html

"According to a newly released foundation report, 382 people were charged under Chelsea’s Law in 2013 across San Diego, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange counties."

"Here in San Diego County between Sept. 1, 2012 and Aug. 31, 2013, the District Attorney’s office charged 31 defendants with lewd or lascivious acts involving children, oral copulation and rape upon a minor 14 years of age or older and more."

"During that same time period, six defendants were sentenced under Chelsea’s Law provisions."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz2tF5aXIXF

Thanks for posting! I remember so well when Amber and Chelsea went missing! I admire both these families for turning a horrific tragedy to good to help others.

Just a Heads Up that Dateline is covering the Amber Dubois and Chelsea King cases tonight. It's on right now Pacific time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back