Found Deceased IN - Ralph Stutzman, 46, LaGrange, 17 Aug 1952

RStutzman.jpg
RStutzman1.jpg

Ralph Stutzman missing since 1952

I am Ralph's Granddaughter. Several years ago we (several family members) met with the LaGrange County (Indiana) Sheriff's office and hit a brick wall with our search for information. We were shown the Indiana State Police report ( most of it was blacked out) but obtained no new information. My grandmother used to receive letters from the FBI every year inquiring if she had heard from my grandfather. Yet they have no record of even investigating his disappearance and state they can not look for him without HIS permission...??? He would be dead by now.

There has been many scenarios of his demise stated through out the years, one that seems plausible, even though several family members disagree, is that he went to live among the Amish. I know that the Amish in LaGrange County still talk about his disappearance.

We are still looking for answers, hope someone out there can help us find them.

Nancy
Hi Nancy,
I am an amateur genetic genealogist. If you would like to hear the results of my review on Ralph Stutzman, please feel free to contact me. I think I know what happened to him and you can prove it to yourself.

Regards,
Randy

1687023682187.png
''Delbert Schrock or Ralph Stutzman as his Indiana family knew him, died in Florida in 1968. His long-kept secret finally revealed to his two families 70 years after he left his LaGrange County home. However, why he left his Indiana family and started a new life will remain a mystery.''

Wow! “Only God knows the hearts of men”, I suppose.

I follow a lot of pre-1960 missing person cases, and have an internal running joke that they all either a) ran away to start a new life or b) got “amnesia”, but this is a good reminder that sometimes, that’s actually what happened!

Genealogy linked the Stutzman family to a family named Schrock, in Florida. Officials said Stutzman became Delbert Schrock and started a new family. He died in 1968.

Ben Boyd, his grandson, spoke to WSBT in South Bend.

“It's a relief for my mother,” said Boyd. “For years and years, she's always said that she'd like to know what happened to her dad before she died, and she's 92 years old.”

Why Stutzman left might always be a mystery to the family, but members of both of his families have met.

Hi Nancy,
I am an amateur genetic genealogist. If you would like to hear the results of my review on Ralph Stutzman, please feel free to contact me. I think I know what happened to him and you can prove it to yourself.

Regards,
Randy
It sounds like you solved the case! I'd be very interested in your methodology, if you care to share.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back