IN IN - Scott Morris, 14, Indianapolis, 14 Aug 1978

I wonder if he was healthy. Is he really 14 in the photo?
I thought that too at first when I saw his picture. Also CP says he about 6 years old in that photo.
Very strange. I wonder how they know it was really him. Did anyone follow up on the carnivals? Could they have traced the call?
I wonder if it was him as well, especially the second call in 1989. It says it was a brief conversation. How would they know it was actually him, his voice would have changed with age and from what I read there was no verification to prove it was him.

A man who they say took an unhealthy interest in Scott as a child, a man they suspected in his disappearance, and now later in his death.
Who is this man and has he been investigated. This certainly a person that should be investigated.

I don't want to cast any stones but this is a bit hinky to me. A family that has a potential suspect who has taken an unhealthy interest in their missing child and waits for years to get the child on missing persons lists? And even then it's not the parents who contact the police, it's a grandmother.
This was a 10 year old, clearly there were problems at home. It is reported that Scott was a chronic runaway it is possible he went with this man, he obviously didn't want to be at home for some reason. I find it hard to believe that a 10 year old runs away from Indiana calls 3 days later from Pennsylvania and has been hired to work at a carnival, at age 1o. IN - PA is a good distance somebody would have had to drive him there and it would have had to been an adult. If Scott did call that first time it makes more sense to me that he was lying or was told to call and say that. Possibly by this unnamed man with an unhealthy interest in a 10 year old. The Doe Network states that Scott's grandmother reported him missing in 1978. It then states that after the second call from Scott when he refused to give his location, the family then filed a formal missing person report. If the family believed the call was actually from Scott, why file a formal missing person report. In 1989 Scott would have been an adult. Even if police found him there would be nothing they could do. They can't make him reunite or go home. This whole case is so strange and little makes sense to me. I say look into the unnamed man who took an interest in a 10 year old. If he is not a suspect maybe he has clues.

I thought that too at first when I saw his picture. Also CP says he about 6 years old in that photo.

I wonder if it was him as well, especially the second call in 1989. It says it was a brief conversation. How would they know it was actually him, his voice would have changed with age and from what I read there was no verification to prove it was him.

A man who they say took an unhealthy interest in Scott as a child, a man they suspected in his disappearance, and now later in his death.
Who is this man and has he been investigated. This certainly a person that should be investigated.

This was a 10 year old, clearly there were problems at home. It is reported that Scott was a chronic runaway it is possible he went with this man, he obviously didn't want to be at home for some reason. I find it hard to believe that a 10 year old runs away from Indiana calls 3 days later from Pennsylvania and has been hired to work at a carnival, at age 1o. IN - PA is a good distance somebody would have had to drive him there and it would have had to been an adult. If Scott did call that first time it makes more sense to me that he was lying or was told to call and say that. Possibly by this unnamed man with an unhealthy interest in a 10 year old. The Doe Network states that Scott's grandmother reported him missing in 1978. It then states that after the second call from Scott when he refused to give his location, the family then filed a formal missing person report. If the family believed the call was actually from Scott, why file a formal missing person report. In 1989 Scott would have been an adult. Even if police found him there would be nothing they could do. They can't make him reunite or go home. This whole case is so strange and little makes sense to me. I say look into the unnamed man who took an interest in a 10 year old. If he is not a suspect maybe he has clues.
Scott was not 10 when he “ran away”. He was 14, the photo of him is when he was 10 as apparently no more of a current photo could be found. To think that this kid ran away at 14, wasn’t reported missing by the family, except the grandma but apparently it wasn’t an “official” missing persons report called home 3 days later to say he was in Pennsylvania working for the carnival then waited an additional 11 years before calling again to say “nope I’m ok” but ain’t gonna tell you where is a extremely ridiculous story to buy. And it was only after this phone call that the family reports him missing and only after this phone call that they come forward with this person of interest…seems all like utter hogwash to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back