In the trunk 2.6 days Decomp Info #1

Okay - I have to have my say about the dead pet situation. So let's go back in time at least 15 years - and what did we do with pets who had died.

I didn't have dogs when I was young, my kids had cats, and I had a beautiful huge black Persian that got hit by a car one night. The SPCA picked him up, unknown to me, and when I called them, I found him slung in their freezer. I really loved that cat and was horrified so I asked them if they would dispose of them.

I love dogs. All dogs - sometimes I think I love them more than people. Well, different than people I guess. And I think I fall in the "normal range" for emotions and sensitivity.

I have two dogs now. But if I had them 15 years ago, and didn't live close to a vet who could take care of a dead animal - I'm not sure what I would have done. I do remember my friend's fathers buring their pet dogs when they died.

But could I bury a beloved dog in a hole without wrapping then in some way? Just place them in a hole in the dirt and cover them up? I can tell you I wouldn't be able to do that - I can't even think about it without tears.

I think we've been conned by Baez. I think he was looking for an excuse, any excuse to explain why Caylee was in plastic bags with duct tape on her face. And honestly, I think the whole pet/Caylee burial connection was a crock. I dont' think anyone can convince me of anything different because I'm not that gullible. Not when it comes to Baez and his "stories" and "excuses" for FCA as he tries to "normalize" her.

All just IMO of course.

Okay - I have to have my say about the dead pet situation. So let's go back in time at least 15 years - and what did we do with pets who had died.

I didn't have dogs when I was young, my kids had cats, and I had a beautiful huge black Persian that got hit by a car one night. The SPCA picked him up, unknown to me, and when I called them, I found him slung in their freezer. I really loved that cat and was horrified so I asked them if they would dispose of them.

I love dogs. All dogs - sometimes I think I love them more than people. Well, different than people I guess. And I think I fall in the "normal range" for emotions and sensitivity.

I have two dogs now. But if I had them 15 years ago, and didn't live close to a vet who could take care of a dead animal - I'm not sure what I would have done. I do remember my friend's fathers buring their pet dogs when they died.

But could I bury a beloved dog in a hole without wrapping then in some way? Just place them in a hole in the dirt and cover them up? I can tell you I wouldn't be able to do that - I can't even think about it without tears.

I think we've been conned by Baez. I think he was looking for an excuse, any excuse to explain why Caylee was in plastic bags with duct tape on her face. And honestly, I think the whole pet/Caylee burial connection was a crock. I dont' think anyone can convince me of anything different because I'm not that gullible. Not when it comes to Baez and his "stories" and "excuses" for FCA as he tries to "normalize" her.

All just IMO of course.

Hi Logicalgirl,
Glad to see you posting this morning after another big earthquake up your way.

I'm not sure about us being conned, but the jury sure was.
I agree with everything else.

Hi Logicalgirl,
Glad to see you posting this morning after another big earthquake up your way.

I'm not sure about us being conned, but the jury sure was.
I agree with everything else.

Hey Thanks Watcher9! This one was up the coast but even when it's here - at 7.6 we'll get a bit of rolling but that's not going to do much damage. Much higher and there might be more I guess.

I dunno - guess we're built on a rock shield or something - all buildings have to be "earthquake proof" in our city - not that I believe anything is earthquake proof if we get a big one.

I appreciate your concern my friend! :seeya:

Looked back at testimony, looks like 1 dog in ohio and 3 pets (dogs and cats) in florida all buried in plastic bags or blankets with tape to make them more compact.

And those are the ones they admitted too & that was way too many . How many others were there? Note that only 1 was taken to the vet to be put down. The rest died at home - SUSPICIOUS!

All just IMO of course.

You always make me think LG, thanks. It's a mystery to me what my dad did with our animals. We had a German shepard that was hit by a car in front of all four of us and I have no idea what became of him. Another german shepard we had apparently went off on his own to die and my 2 older brothers found him a few days later if I remember right. I also think my dad just left him where he was as he wouldn't haved caused concern to anyone as it was in the middle of the desert with neighbor's few and far between. I think my dad must have been sensitive to our feelings about our pets.

Having each family member willingly get up there on the stand and describe in detail how they buried their family pets was one of the most disgusting acts I have ever seen.

Thankfully, we've never had to bury a pet, but I do know that many, many people do that very thing because they consider their pets as a family member.

I'm not sure, of all things in this circus trial, why you would find that to be so odd? :waitasec:

All just IMO of course.

BBM. Agree!

I just hated the dispicable way Baez somehow implied that Caylee's body was treated the same way a family pet was. There was nothing honorable about leaving her in the car trunk wrapped in plastic bags. All the while her so called "mother" danced the night away or gloated gleefully while renting movies with her boyfriend mere hours after Caylee's death. Nothing respectful about leaving her wrapped and taped up in that swamp for 6 months. The only thing that showed was her glaring guilt.

And those are the ones they admitted too & that was way too many . How many others were there? Note that only 1 was taken to the vet to be put down. The rest died at home - SUSPICIOUS!

I'm not fans of the A's, but depending on how old the animals were when they got them, 4 pets in 15 years may not be that many. I've lost 3 in 16 years. I had 2 dogs that I got together as puppies. One lived to be 14, the other 16. I also got a cat who was 7 (he came with my 2nd husband). Unfortunately, he became ill and died when he was 9. I actually lost all 3 of them within 5 years.

Right now I have a 7yo dog, a 3 yo dog, an 8 yo cat, and two 12 yo cats (brother and sister). If the 2 older cats stay healthy and live another 6 years, that will make my oldest dog 13. Unfortunately, I could be in the position of losing all three of them at the same time, and still having geriatric cat and a geriatric dog.

I'm not fans of the A's, but depending on how old the animals were when they got them, 4 pets in 15 years may not be that many. I've lost 3 in 16 years. I had 2 dogs that I got together as puppies. One lived to be 14, the other 16. I also got a cat who was 7 (he came with my 2nd husband). Unfortunately, he became ill and died when he was 9. I actually lost all 3 of them within 5 years.

Right now I have a 7yo dog, a 3 yo dog, an 8 yo cat, and two 12 yo cats (brother and sister). If the 2 older cats stay healthy and live another 6 years, that will make my oldest dog 13. Unfortunately, I could be in the position of losing all three of them at the same time, and still having geriatric cat and a geriatric dog.

Talking to myself...I don't bury my animals though. Used to have funerals for the hamsters and rats. Dogs and cat were cremated. We did not keep the cat's ashes, since I am an animal lover and don't want to become an animal ash hoarder. My ex took the 2 dogs' ashes. We had joint custody of them just like we did our daughter.

Well that's what got me thinking about them. I think we care for our pets way more than we used to 15 or 20 years ago as far as vet care etc. And when I was younger and we had cats, I don't every remember a vet offering cremation services - like I have had with my first two old dogs who died recently - and kept the ashes. But when I was younger, it was always the fathers who buried the dogs in the small town I lived in.

If a dog has been sick - it's not really unusual for them to die at home back then - I think there was a lot less of the prolonging of life like there is now with treating diabetic dogs, dispensing heart medication etc.

So I don't know if it really is suspicious, especially if it was over a period of ten or fifteen years and whether they got two at once or not. Like other posters have said - mulitiple dogs and cats at once. :waitasec:

I just hated the dispicable way Baez somehow implied that Caylee's body was treated the same way a family pet was. There was nothing honorable about leaving her in the car trunk wrapped in plastic bags. All the while her so called "mother" danced the night away or gloated gleefully while renting movies with her boyfriend mere hours after Caylee's death. Nothing respectful about leaving her wrapped and taped up in that swamp for 6 months. The only thing that showed was her glaring guilt.

Yes, I agree - that's what I meant about being conned by Baez. I was also thinking about her family testifying about the family pets and how they were wrapped.

If FCA told Baez about this - does a family member have the right to refuse to testify if they are called to the stand and questioned about pet burial? I don't think they were testifying to this at their own request as much as I'm not a fan of theirs either - although I guess they could have said "I don't remember"....:waitasec:

Talking to myself...I don't bury my animals though. Used to have funerals for the hamsters and rats. Dogs and cat were cremated. We did not keep the cat's ashes, since I am an animal lover and don't want to become an animal ash hoarder. My ex took the 2 dogs' ashes. We had joint custody of them just like we did our daughter.

But would you have had them cremated fifteen or twenty years ago? I lived in quite a small town back then and I know pets weren't cremeated that long ago. Maybe because it was a small town?

Yes, I agree - that's what I meant about being conned by Baez. I was also thinking about her family testifying about the family pets and how they were wrapped.

If FCA told Baez about this - does a family member have the right to refuse to testify if they are called to the stand and questioned about pet burial? I don't think they were testifying to this at their own request as much as I'm not a fan of theirs either - although I guess they could have said "I don't remember"....:waitasec:

I guess it brings me back to that KC had no clue how to handle a dead human so she goes back to how the pets were handled, and I can't believe the jury fell for Baez warped logic that he spouts off over and over.

I guess it brings me back to that KC had no clue how to handle a dead human so she goes back to how the pets were handled, and I can't believe the jury fell for Baez warped logic that he spouts off over and over.

I guess I would go with that one if she was a child, which she wasn't. I remember listening to this attempt at an explanation by the defense and thinking OMG is anyone buying this crock?

The whole problem with FCA trying to get out of this murder was the duct tape. How would the defense explain what duct tape was doing on the face of a child? Oh right, an accident and a moment of tenderness to keep the bugs out and stuff. Whaaaaatttttt???:banghead:

IMO the duct tape was on Caylee's face because FCA put it there to smother her, and she was in a garbage bage because FCA considered her trash and that's how we get rid of trash - we put it in a garbage bag and throw it away. And for me - that's the only truth going on here.

The dead pet "evidense" was carp - just carp - plain and simple!

I guess I would go with that one if she was a child, which she wasn't. I remember listening to this attempt at an explanation by the defense and thinking OMG is anyone buying this crock?

The whole problem with FCA trying to get out of this murder was the duct tape. How would the defense explain what duct tape was doing on the face of a child? Oh right, an accident and a moment of tenderness to keep the bugs out and stuff. Whaaaaatttttt???:banghead:

IMO the duct tape was on Caylee's face because FCA put it there to smother her, and she was in a garbage bage because FCA considered her trash and that's how we get rid of trash - we put it in a garbage bag and throw it away. And for me - that's the only truth going on here.

The dead pet "evidense" was carp - just carp - plain and simple!

Exactly. Plain and simple !!! If you stick duct tape on a plastic bag to secure it, it will never never become dislodged and adhere to hair that was contained within. I wish the prosecution would have done more to challenge the defenses theories but i guess they thought that no one is that Ignorant. So many things wrong with the logic that the defense uses to dismiss her crimes and so many things wrong with those who call it justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back