Inconsistencies, Contradictions, & Curiosities

Who would hang an alien? Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I think a hanging corpse would certainly be a scary decoration to put up, but really, who would plan out their Halloween decorations and think, "we need to hang an alien! That would be scary!" I'll have to think about this idea.

Personally, I think the noose has some other purpose. That room didn't exactly look like it was stacked with holiday decorations. IMO.

I don't think they constructed it purposely for Halloween, just after they did they might have thought of using it as a prop. When the ET movie first came out and all of the ET products and marketing ....that year at Halloween ET was very popular. It's just me, but if I was using a prop to greet kids...I'd much rather use ET than a look a like cadaver for little kids....and not so sure I could pass with a noose either, but certainly admit it's not my favorite holiday and would rather go as the EverReady bunny than something ghoulish. lol

But agree, with what we know of SP, it could have been used for many things..... even after ET and October 31st.

I would like to ask the neighbors, did SP decorate every Halloween?
Then we would know for sure if this noose was ever used for Halloween........
Such odd art.........

Can anyone make out any of the books or junk in that room?
One can only imagine if this is the 'art room' what does the bedroom look like?

I thought that as well as the bathrooms and kitchen..ewwww

I don't think they constructed it purposely for Halloween, just after they did they might have thought of using it as a prop. When the ET movie first came out and all of the ET products and marketing ....that year at Halloween ET was very popular. It's just me, but if I was using a prop to greet kids...I'd much rather use ET than a look a like cadaver for little kids....and not so sure I could pass with a noose either, but certainly admit it's not my favorite holiday and would rather go as the EverReady bunny than something ghoulish. lol

But agree, with what we know of SP, it could have been used for many things..... even after ET and October 31st.

kind of o/t but when i was about 3, my mom found a pink bunny costume at a yard sale. she thought a pink bunny was too boring of a costume, so she made me a little drum out of cardboard, with straps to attach it to my costume and little drum sticks.

i was reading along in this thread, looking at the photos of that room and thinking that my house growing up and my house now (i still live with my parents) looks very similar to that room in the Powell house. then i read your post and thought about that everready bunny costume, and how i just saw the cardboard drum around my house a few weeks ago. i guess some people are just hoarders. lol. i can say though that we did not have a poster of female genitalia, and i'm very sure my dad isn't a huge creep like SP.

new to this case and i have to say, very very bizarre! i kind of feel bad that i can relate to the Powell's in any way, even if it is just that our houses are cluttered. :giggle:

i do think that noose is most likely a halloween decoration though. but who knows with this clan.

It's for halloween. Steven made this to scare the kids when opened the door- it dropped down (the "homer" figure was in the noose).

To think of him passing out candy to kids is scarier than this contraption.

Yes it looks horrible and scary- but it's not the "exercise handle" that Josh thinks, that was probably in their basement to tie inside of a plate and do bicep curls with. They don't want his brother lifting weights too far up since he would crush his toes.
This statement is made as fact, not opinion. It seems to have information that someone who lives in that household would know, that wasn't in the media. A qualified expert. Or did I miss the source of it?

This statement is made as fact, not opinion. It seems to have information that someone who lives in that household would know, that wasn't in the media. A qualified expert. Or did I miss the source of it?

All speculation. Makes sense.

kind of o/t but when i was about 3, my mom found a pink bunny costume at a yard sale. she thought a pink bunny was too boring of a costume, so she made me a little drum out of cardboard, with straps to attach it to my costume and little drum sticks.

i was reading along in this thread, looking at the photos of that room and thinking that my house growing up and my house now (i still live with my parents) looks very similar to that room in the Powell house. then i read your post and thought about that everready bunny costume, and how i just saw the cardboard drum around my house a few weeks ago. i guess some people are just hoarders. lol. i can say though that we did not have a poster of female genitalia, and i'm very sure my dad isn't a huge creep like SP.

new to this case and i have to say, very very bizarre! i kind of feel bad that i can relate to the Powell's in any way, even if it is just that our houses are cluttered. :giggle:

i do think that noose is most likely a halloween decoration though. but who knows with this clan.

My house is new so it is nice and tidy....but I confess....I have a clutter room and it's called my office. Some people need their things around them to give them comfort. With a house full of men it's more likely than not to be cluttered. lol

Is that the noose JP said was used for weightlifting? Really? Apparently, it hasn't been used in a while, being stuffed back there like it is.

That noose doesn't look like anything I've ever seen in a gym or can even imagine using during weightlifting. I'm thinking it probably was some sort of decoration, perhaps for Halloween. Otherwise, I have to think of some majorly unpleasant things, which I'm trying not to do right now....

IMO

BBM, along with that character this is what I'm leaning towards. So why didn't Josh just say they are Halloween props instead of that rediculous excercise excuse?

Josh said he would talk with FBI but not WVC PD and hasn't as of the latest video I saw of Nielson tonight on the news. Get on with it boy! Don't be inconsistent! They're rolling out a red carpet already...

snipped

Why Josh Powell is a person of interest

Investigators have said repeatedly that Josh Powell has not cooperated with them. But Powell insists, even in recent interviews, that he has been cooperative.

"None of that is true," Nielsen said.

Josh Powell also recently said in an interview that he would be willing to talk to the FBI but not to West Valley police.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=17426938&autostart=y

snipped from article

“He hasn't helped us at all,” Chief Nielson says. “When we've asked him about things, he either ducked it or refused to talk to us. So he said he's willing to help. So Josh, come on down, we're ready, we'll have a team up there tomorrow. So we're standing by and we're going to hold you to your word, you said you'd do it and we're ready."

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-w...h-nearing-resolution-20110929,0,4362818.story

please brainstorm with me: Why would JP want to talk to the FBI and not the WVPD?? Where is the logic and what could JP gain from that? Could it be that there is something FAR, FAR BIGGER then a missing person case and child *advertiser censored* going on here and JP knows it because he is involved?

please brainstorm with me: Why would JP want to talk to the FBI and not the WVPD?? Where is the logic and what could JP gain from that? Could it be that there is something FAR, FAR BIGGER then a missing person case and child *advertiser censored* going on here and JP knows it because he is involved?

Probably feels the WVCPD is one: below him and two: against him.

I have no idea about the benefits of talking to FBI versus WVCPD but I got the notion it was just an excuse not to talk to the police. IMO he was not expecting to be taken up on his offer and didn't actually look forward to talking to the FBI either, attorney expenses paid or not. It was just a way out of an awkward question IMO. "Yeah I realize it looks bad I haven't talked to the cops but it's not really my fault, it's the wrong people wanting to talk to me and I would be very happy to cooperate if the right people ask me..."

I don't think we'll see the day. :cow:

I'm confused about Josh offerring to send the judge a picture of the noose. How would he do that? Did he have a pic of it on his phone to send to the judge?

I suppose if it was the first day of the custody trial he could have gone home in the evening and snapped a picture to let the judge have it the next day, or if it was needed more urgently he could have called one of his siblings who live there and asked them to send him a photo. He might have had a picture ready with him if he had a hunch it was going to come up at the hearing but if he offered to send it rather than show it he probably didn't.

I'm curious if the computers and camera's taken in the SP search have been "replaced"? How else could he take and email her a picture of it....

I'm curious if the computers and camera's taken in the SP search have been "replaced"? How else could he take and email her a picture of it....

phone camera, maybe? Maybe called his brother and had him send him a picture to is phone so he cold show the judge?

I have two more curiosities:

#1 SP's "music" business: Again, I am not a computer nerd so I don't know, but is it possible that SP could embed his inappropriate picture/video clips onto his "music" CD's and sell them to his clientele, by using music as a front? Maybe only people who "know" the pictures are on the CD's can extract them somehow for viewing?

#2: in recent court documents from earlier this week (I belive Mr. Cox's attorney during the custody hearing) stated that investigators had found pictures of Susan that were taken without her knowledge. I can't help but wonder, were these pictures from the time frame when she and JP were just married and living with SP in Wa., or could this be ongoing current situation where the house in Utah where Susan and JP lived was bugged and she wsa being continualluy monitored????

This is a better picture from the link that Utahmom posted above. Thought it would be good reference as it's clearer without the ticker on it. It doesn't appear to be for exercise. Just looks like a noose. Maybe for the paper mache thingy...

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52657756-78/powell-josh-steve-noose.html.csp#disqus_thread

Please move if this is not where the mods want it. Seems the noose is mainly posted about in this thread. xo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21
Back