Inconsistencies, Contradictions, & Curiosities

This is a better picture from the link that Utahmom posted above. Thought it would be good reference as it's clearer without the ticker on it. It doesn't appear to be for exercise. Just looks like a noose. Maybe for the paper mache thingy...

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52657756-78/powell-josh-steve-noose.html.csp#disqus_thread

Please move if this is not where the mods want it. Seems the noose is mainly posted about in this thread. xo

looks odd to me

I have two more curiosities:

#1 SP's "music" business: Again, I am not a computer nerd so I don't know, but is it possible that SP could embed his inappropriate picture/video clips onto his "music" CD's and sell them to his clientele, by using music as a front? Maybe only people who "know" the pictures are on the CD's can extract them somehow for viewing?

#2: in recent court documents from earlier this week (I belive Mr. Cox's attorney during the custody hearing) stated that investigators had found pictures of Susan that were taken without her knowledge. I can't help but wonder, were these pictures from the time frame when she and JP were just married and living with SP in Wa., or could this be ongoing current situation where the house in Utah where Susan and JP lived was bugged and she wsa being continualluy monitored????

Answer to #1 - yes, that can be done. But, I didn't see a way to purchase his CD on his site. But, swapping image files via email, this can also be accomplished. That's part of why forensics takes so long - trained personnel have to find inconsistencies in a file and then break it apart.

Answer to #2 - could very well be photos from a webcam JP set up for remote viewing. I had a friend do this so he could watch his kids while at the office.

All speculation. Makes sense.

When you said the item in the picture was made for Halloween I understood that and felt it made sense. But you also described where the other noose was and how it was used.

Also you mentioned an item in their basement. The exercise item. You mentioned it was in the basement. Now me, I didn't know if they had a basement. And you also told what it was used for, to prevent brother from lifting weights too high. Giving the location of the item and it's use, even without a picture of it doesn't sound like speculation to me. But that is just my opinion.

When you said the item in the picture was made for Halloween I understood that and felt it made sense. But you also described where it was hung and how it was used.

Also you mentioned an item in their basement. The exercise item. You mentioned it was in the basement. Now me, I didn't know if they had a basement. And you also told what it was used for, to prevent brother from lifting weights too high. Giving the location of the item and it's use, even without a picture of it doesn't sound like speculation to me. But that is just my opinion.

Looking at that; yes, I tend to just "say". I guess I'll need to say "I speculate" prior to each speculation :)

I know at the gym I belong to (which caters to powerlifters); use unorthodox ways to work out; like the way I described. Not that the Powell's look like a burly powerlifter bunch, so I tied in his brother to make sense of it.

I'm confused about Josh offerring to send the judge a picture of the noose. How would he do that? Did he have a pic of it on his phone to send to the judge?

When LE goes in on a search warrant they usually will take anything that could have been used as a weapon. I would guess that the noose that mentioned in court would have been taken for testing. So Josh couldn't have taken a picture of it.

I think what he did, perhaps knowing the noose was taken, he went through the home and searched for something resembling a noose. And that perhaps led to a picture of a noose that didn't describe what the picture showed. Or perhaps even added it to the Halloween decoration. Just so that he would be able to get a picture.

If you look closely at the picture of the paper mache item and the way the rope is connected to it, the noose part is separate from the paper item. It is not around it's neck like it had been used to 'hang' the item.

Looking at that; yes, I tend to just "say". I guess I'll need to say "I speculate" prior to each speculation :)

I know at the gym I belong to (which caters to powerlifters); use unorthodox ways to work out; like the way I described. Not that the Powell's look like a burly powerlifter bunch, so I tied in his brother to make sense of it.

...uh, I havn't seen JPs brothers (does anyone have a picture?), but JP and SP do not appear to have powerlifting builds and muscle tones. Also, there are NO indications that any weights (used for weightlifting) have been seen.

...uh, I havn't seen JPs brothers (does anyone have a picture?), but JP and SP do not appear to have powerlifting builds and muscle tones.

Oh no, I meant I was taking a different angle relating to the prevention of crushing his foot- rather than saying they needed it to be toughmen.

When LE goes in on a search warrant they usually will take anything that could have been used as a weapon. I would guess that the noose that mentioned in court would have been taken for testing. So Josh couldn't have taken a picture of it.

I think what he did, perhaps knowing the noose was taken, he went through the home and searched for something resembling a noose. And that perhaps led to a picture of a noose that didn't describe what the picture showed. Or perhaps even added it to the Halloween decoration. Just so that he would be able to get a picture.

If you look closely at the picture of the paper mache item and the way the rope is connected to it, the noose part is separate from the paper item. It is not around it's neck like it had been used to 'hang' the item.

I too wonder if police confiscated the noose. If not, why? There could be DNA on a noose, KWIM.

In looking at the "new" picture of the noose, I noticed a large black exandable folder on the bookshelf. I know that police initially had a search warrant for the computers and the locked cabinet. However, now that they know that there is *advertiser censored* issues, I wonder if they shouldn't come back with another warrant. They should check other places for a stash of readily accessible pictures. My ex would cut out his favorite pictures and put them in between the pages of several books that he knew I would not read. When I kicked him out, I found "lots" of little presents in the books on our books shelf.

I think it is dangerous to have a noose of any kind around the house where there are 2 curious little boys. I'm just sayin'.....

All three: Inconsistencies, Contradictions, & Curiosities

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-Susan-Powell-told-of-marriage-struggles.html

The friend said Susan Powell had talked to her one day about something she had written and left in her desk at work.

"She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone," the friend said.

This news broke about a week after she went missing. It is interesting since some people still speculate she ran away and that the SP household is into weightlifting with nooses!

And Josh is trying to claim that perhaps she committed suicide! Yes, indeed. She kept a secret journal at work for the purpose of making sure everyone knew she would never kill herself, then that is the best theory Josh can come up with!

The fact that she felt the need to write something to prove if she went missing, she never would've committed suicide speaks volumes about what was going on in that household. She knew somebody might hurt her and try to make it into something different. Makes me wonder what JP had threatened her with. Maybe something along the lines of, "I could kill you and make it look like a suicide"?

Has anyone else noticed the empty liquor bottles on the bottom shelf in the "noose" picture?
:waitasec:

This is a great picture, thanks! I haven't seen this angle with this high quality of resolution yet (are there more)? whats the large circle behind the dragon? does it have bungie cords on it? Also, what is that yellow thing in the lower left hand corener, some kind of shop light? is that a bench with a blanket on it? there are some prescription pill bottles (good thing the boys didn't get into them) next to the Corona bottles....

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9041059

could it be SP or someone from his household?

"Earlier Tuesday, there was a car parked in the driveway of the Powell residence with Washington plates. Susan Powell's family is from Washington, but a family spokesperson said no one from her family except for her father, Charles Cox, has traveled to Utah, and he flew in. KSL News knocked on the door, but no one answered."

This is a great picture, thanks! I haven't seen this angle with this high quality of resolution yet (are there more)? whats the large circle behind the dragon? does it have bungie cords on it? Also, what is that yellow thing in the lower left hand corener, some kind of shop light? is that a bench with a blanket on it? there are some prescription pill bottles (good thing the boys didn't get into them) next to the Corona bottles....

There are a total of four excellent pictures with the original post at the SL Tribune.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52657756-78/powell-josh-steve-noose.html.csp

LOL, I don't know what to call the room, junk room, party room, library? It certainly doesn't look like a place I'd want to exercise.

I can't imagine weightlifting with a noose like that! And, yes, at first I thought there was a cot under the wood frame with a pillow and covers on it. Creepy, but now I'm wondering if it isn't a child's car seat with sheets, etc. laid on top of it. What do you think?

IMO

This is just the strangest thing! A dragon? Maybe, but with human-like hands?? The long pointed tail is icky!

The round thing behind it and the wooden frame makes me think that this thing was meant to be pulled up to look like it is flying. KWIM?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal
Back