Inconsistencies in DB's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the people you know wouldn't care if she were married to a man and living and making babies with another?
If the kids were all well fed, clean, had a home over their heads, made to do their homework, etc. NO.

If the kids were all well fed, clean, had a home over their heads, made to do their homework, etc. NO.

I really don't care what consenting adults do. I am only responsible for living by my own moral code. However, I think DB/JI are being irresponsible. There are three children to think about in this situation. If something were to happen to one of them, legally they aren't entitled to much. I think responsible parents gets their ducks in a row and plan for the what if's. BL's situation is interesting, because if something happened to DB, SB would likely be her assumed father. I don't think he would be interested in taking custody of her, but DB and JI need to think about those kinds of things. As adults, they can do what they want. . .but it's not just about them. MOO

Most of the people you know wouldn't care if she were married to a man and living and making babies with another?

I could go even further and state that I know no one that would have a problem with it. Maybe we are more lenient here in Canada ;)

I probably wouldn't be friends with anyone that was that judgmental though...and I agree with same sex marriage too :)

This actually surprises me quite a bit, especially coming from someone who lives in the midwest known as the "bible belt". Most people in the midwest have more Christian views and values.

Now if this was San Fran, Portland, NYC, then I could see most people not caring who you lived with, how you lived, etc. But in MO?
I'm just one of those people who think if people aren't bothering me and if everything is taken care of, I really don't care what they do. If people have kids and they are well taken care of, I really don't care of the relationship status of the people taking care of them. It doesn't matter.

Thanks for the article. DB talks a good story about her family. She doesn't have her husband visiting his boy. Jeremy doesn't have his GF visiting her boy. DB calls them "Her boys". Lisa has completed their family. okiedokiethen.

I guess it is of such significance that the paternal grandparents and aunt are excluded and have never even met Lisa. That's how important the "family" is to these parents.

I suggest this story is pure propaganda pouring from DB's mouth. My instincts tell me she is a manipulator who has garnered strength from the media attention and having high-powered Criminal Defense Attorneys.

How many innocent parents of missing babies under age1 even need criminal defense attorneys?

I really don't care what consenting adults do. I am only responsible for living by my own moral code. However, I think DB/JI are being irresponsible. There are three children to think about in this situation. If something were to happen to one of them, legally they aren't entitled to much. I think responsible parents gets their ducks in a row and plan for the what if's. BL's situation is interesting, because if something happened to DB, SB would likely be her assumed father. I don't think he would be interested in taking custody of her, but DB and JI need to think about those kinds of things. As adults, they can do what they want. . .but it's not just about them. MOO

Oh, I agree, there could be legal ramifications. But maybe JI/DB weren't aware that her husband may technically be consdered the legal father. You would be suprised at the number of people who don't realize this. My 2 youngest kids were born when I wasn't married. (actually 3 of my 4 children were born out of wedlock). When I was in the hospital with my older boy, and they came to fill out the info for the birth certificate, they asked me what the date of my divorce was (from my first husband) I couldnt remember offhand (95?96?) They said it HAD TO be at least one year before my sons birth, or my ex-husband could possibly be considered the legal father. I had no idea of this. Maybe in MO they don't inform you of that like they do here.

Thanks for the article. DB talks a good story about her family. She doesn't have her husband visiting his boy. Jeremy doesn't have his GF visiting her boy. DB calls them "Her boys". Lisa has completed their family. okiedokiethen.

I guess it is of such significance that the paternal grandparents and aunt are excluded and have never even met Lisa. That's how important the "family" is to these parents.

I suggest this story is pure propaganda pouring from DB's mouth. My instincts tell me she is a manipulator who has garnered strength from the media attention and having high-powered Criminal Defense Attorneys.

How many innocent parents of missing babies under age1 even need criminal defense attorneys?

But you are assuming that the other biological parents weren't "allowed" to see their children. I have never heard that. I am leaning more towards the bio parents didn't really make an effort to see those kids. JI's ex said she hadn't seen her son in YEARS. She didn't say anyone had prevented that. Neither one of these people (RR or SB) seem to have filed anything to try to get visitation rights, custody, etc. I think that reflects poorly on THEM, not Lisa's parents.

This actually surprises me quite a bit, especially coming from someone who lives in the midwest known as the "bible belt". Most people in the midwest have more Christian views and values.

Now if this was San Fran, Portland, NYC, then I could see most people not caring who you lived with, how you lived, etc. But in MO?

There are open minded people ALL OVER The US. ;)

But you are assuming that the other biological parents weren't "allowed" to see their children. I have never heard that. I am leaning more towards the bio parents didn't really make an effort to see those kids. JI's ex said she hadn't seen her son in YEARS. She didn't say anyone had prevented that. Neither one of these people (RR or SB) seem to have filed anything to try to get visitation rights, custody, etc. I think that reflects poorly on THEM, not Lisa's parents.
JI's son's mom even had supervised visitation rights and she did not even take advantage of it. Yep, that's bad on her, not him. Her husband didn't even know she was pregnant. It seems that if he had even been trying to see his son, he would have known that fact.

Lisa's parents have shut out important people in their children's lives. Now this has evolved to it was the "other" parents fault not this moral, responsible couple. GMAB.

They have shut out the grandparents and the Aunt too...but I suppose we will now hear that that also is the "OTHER" people's fault.

The excuses just keep coming and coming.

DONE with the snark. FED UP with the bickering. COMPLETELY OVER the not-so-thinly veiled personalized pointed barbs at your fellow posters.

NONE OF THIS HELPS FIND LISA. NONE OF IT. There is NO POINT to any of this, except to be rude, disagreeable and snarky.

just to put this in perspective, Lisa's case is fairly cold and I have as many alerts re: this forum as I did during a day when trial was in session in the Anthony case.

So, this thread will remain locked until you guys decide you want to stop the nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda