India - Ryan Chambers, 21, Australian, Rishikesh, 24 Aug 2005

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/baba

NOUN

Indian informal
1 Father (often as a proper name or as a familiar form of address)

1.1 A respectful form of address for an older man. ‘“Sit down, baba, you like tea?”’

1.2 A holy man (often as a proper name or form of address)

2 A child, especially a male one (often in names or as an affectionate form of address)

Origin
From Hindi bābā.

Hello there, I was in Rishikesh around the same time that Ryan would have disappeared. There was a small café run by an elderly man named Lakshmi, I think it was called the last chance café, situated just prior to the old ruined ashram of Beatles fame. Lakshmi would take in those who had become unstuck, in whatever way, by the atmosphere in Rishikesh. I expect that he would have been asked at the time but, just in case, I thought it worth mentioning.

March 2023 By Sam Bradbrook
1678925429629.png
''A South Australian man who has been missing for more than 17 years has officially been declared dead after exhaustive searches failed to find him.

Key points:​

• Ryan Chambers was last seen on August 24, 2005
  • His family and Australian and Indian authorities have searched for him for more than 17 years
  • Mr Chambers' missing person case had been widely publicised in India and Australia

In a judgement handed down on Friday, South Australian Supreme Court Justice Anne Bampton declared Mount Gambier man Ryan Anthony Chambers dead after he was last seen on August 24, 2005.

Mr Chambers was 21 when he travelled with his friend John Booker to India for a backpacking holiday.

He was last seen in the northern city of Rishikesh, where he was staying at the Ved Niketan Ashram, a yoga and meditation retreat. ''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back