Infomercial king Billy Mays dies - Foxnews.com

i wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't show up as an epidural hematoma.
So now the airway is going to decline any wrong doing because he wasn't "buckled"? How do they know he wasn't...he said things were falling on his head, not that HE fell on his head, or bumped it on the overhead...no indication he wasn't buckled in.
Maybe I'm missing something?

Quite honestly, if the airline has even an inkling that his death may have been contributed to a bump on the head from the flight, they will immediately go into "damage control" mode.

Would you expect anything less of the airlines? Unfortunately, business and compassion are not interchangeable.

IMHO

My kids love him! Whatever hes selling they think we need to buy it!!!!
How tragic for his family!

But wait!!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist that)
He became a caricature of himself & we loved to hate him..... all the while, he was laughing all the way to the bank!

RIP Billy..

qCEXpviy2p2yr7u07zdMTfWoo1_500.jpg

Bless you, Billy. You could sell anything and now you must be pitching halos to angels. RIP We are going to miss you. :(

Wow! I was just gonna buy the thingy that takes dents out of cars! I thought of Natasha Richardson when I read about the rough landing. I hope the airlines doesnt sweep this under the rug and blame him.. RIP Billy! :praying:

What a weird week this has been.

RIP Billy

I don't know what to say. I have never watched any commercial he has done because he annoys me. That being said, R.I.P. Billy Mays. May you be at peace with the angels.

From TMZ:

Here's what we know -- Billy Mays was aboard US Airways Flight 1241 flying from Philadelphia, which landed roughly when the front tire blew out as it touched down. After the flight, Billy told FOX 13 in Tampa that something struck him in the head -- here's Billy's actual quote:

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We called the FAA for comment, and a spokesperson told us, "The passenger needs to wear a seat belt during landing and he didn't."

~~~~
Since when does a seatbelt stop things from falling from the ceiling and hitting a person on the head?

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/28/faa-billy-wasnt-wearing-a-seat-belt-on-plane/

Yeah, the seatbelt would have prevented the overhead bin from flying open so that heavy bags came tumbling out on a passenger's head. :rolleyes: I guess they forgot to put a seatbelt on the bags in the overhead bin.

What a disgusting and ridiculous comment by the FAA. The airlines deserve to be bankrupt. But, oh, that's right, my bad, we bail them out.

These days with the hassle and expense connected w/ checking bags, people are traveling with the most Godawful huge bags and forcing them into those bins. Drives me nuts. Sounds like it killed Billy too.

This is a helluva week for us 50-somethings. Wow. Billy was a hoot. Never saw him when his arms and hands weren't flying around. The gestures and the voice inflections! RIP Billy.

Eve

Was the cause of death something that hit Billy Mays in the head on the airflight?

Has not been announced yet, scrabble, sorry
Autopsy is to be done Monday afternoon.

RIP Billy..

qCEXpviy2p2yr7u07zdMTfWoo1_500.jpg
LMAO, God bless Billy. He would have loved that you posted that picture. Pitchmen had become a new fav here too.

I took my son out yesterday, he's looking for a job, and we set out to buy him the perfect Billy Mays blue shirt.

Loved to hate those infomercials, but I liked Billy a lot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back