Insanity!

Awe, they are saying Karr is rather subdued right now and in good spirits. He is ignoring reporters right now. He made 12 phone calls in 9 months for a sex change he also was in for treatment some docs were saying in Thailand. He was seated with all the other passengers. Why isnt he atleast in cuffs? I dont undertand that. He was also given a knife to use for his meal!!! What the heck...

Wudge said:
Fox reported that a newspaper had hired a handwriting expert, and they said that Karr's handwriting matches the ransom note.
The plot thickens. Karr being the perpetrator, is inching towards becoming a reality.

joe jones said:
to me it seems perfectly logical, he is either credible or not,

you can't pick and choose what to believe because it fits what you want it to fit,

IMO he carefully chose his words,
Joe, Karr doesn't get to decide what charges he will be prosecuted under. What he deems as an accident, isn't deemed so, in the eyes of the law.

Buzzm1 said:
Joe, Karr doesn't get to decide what charges he will be prosecuted under. What he deems as an accident, isn't deemed so, in the eyes of the law.
My response was not about whether it is an accident or not, but about what he has said,

Wudge said:
Guppy, it would be a another tragedy if Karr falsely confessed and evidence that could prove such was destroyed.

At a minimum, a confession takes a prosecutor right to the goal line. They seldom fail to score after that. It's one of the very worst situations for a defense attorney.

Yes that is true. But Boulder is very liberal, and this confession might not meet their standards at the DA's office. It certainly doesn't meet my standards as a confession, especially since he said something like, "things aren't as they seem" at the end of his interview with AP.

He said he was in the basement, but not which basement. He said he was with JonBenet when she died, which could mean something else entirely to an individual with mental problems. He said he wasn't innocent, which could mean anything. But, he said no comment to all questions about the actual murder or entering the house.

I have a feeling he is going to end up saying his statements were coerced by the Thai police, who have already admitted to dealing off the bottom of the deck. He may not say anything else after he gets to the U.S., although I think enough would come out through research of his life to show whether he did it or not.

He did have a Jaguar in 1997, and a Jaguar was seen in the neighborhood around the time of the murder. So, there is still hope he's the guy, but not much really, at this point.

Well he looks like such a wimp that I think I could take him on and I am only 5'1 and small boned.

guppy, I agree with ya, the wife probably burned pictures of him long ago. Who would take a picture of his ugly mug anyway?

joe jones said:
what confession,

I was there, it was an accident, that would be laughed out of court,

he has IMO confessed to nothing, he has made some bizarre statements so far,
His bizarre statements to media are not what constitutes his confession. The remarks you reference came after it was reported that he confessed.

:laugh:
packerdog said:
Well he looks like such a wimp that I think I could take him on and I am only 5'1 and small boned.

guppy, I agree with ya, the wife probably burned pictures of him long ago. Who would take a picture of his ugly mug anyway?
I could probably take him too and I am 5' even. He does have an ugly "mug" doesnt he, lol.....I swear he reminds me of Lee Harvey Oswald mixed with ET.

joe jones said:
I heard it too, but it is spurious as he took a sample of John Karr from his year book to compare to the ransom note, without John Karr saying yes I wrote that in the year book, to do a proper comparison you have to know for sure that what you have is a true known sample of somebodies handwriting,

and you need different samples, and alot of handwriting,

it is why Patsey and John Ramsey were asked to give more than one sample when they were being investigated as the source of the handwriting on the ransom note,

Indeed, if the D.A. uses graphology to corroborate Karr's confession, the State's experts will have examined, in great depth, a plethora of Karr's writings that support their finding that his handwriting matches the ransom note.

michelle said:
Awe, they are saying Karr is rather subdued right now and in good spirits. He is ignoring reporters right now. He made 12 phone calls in 9 months for a sex change he also was in for treatment some docs were saying in Thailand. He was seated with all the other passengers. Why isnt he atleast in cuffs? I dont undertand that. He was also given a knife to use for his meal!!! What the heck...

He hasn't been arrested and/or charged. he's being deported by the Thai authorities as an undesirable.

there would be no reason to segregate, cuff and withold implements for eating.

all the above is in my opinion, only.

Wudge said:
Indeed, if the D.A. uses graphology to corroborate Karr's confession, the State's experts will have examined, in great depth, a plethora of Karr's writings that support their finding that his handwriting matches the ransom note.

I agree...I think that Mary Lacy likely has a ton more on this guy that we don't know about.

Wudge said:
Its not just the script that they look at its the syntax or the way in which they say things. Ten experts have already said that the note was written by Patsy Ramsey...but the grand jury and the DA's office refused to let them testify... but now we are to believe it was written by Karr.

This guy ...Karrr... is just out to make a few bucks. He already has an ironclad alibi and besides he is without doubt mentally unsound .One simply has to look at some of his statements to see that he suffers from delusions of grandeur.

englishleigh said:
I agree...I think that Mary Lacy likely has a ton more on this guy that we don't know about.

I'm not sure about that. The way they found him was mailing him something and hanging around the post office until he picked it up. Then they followed him home and arrested him. It isn't clear to me if they even knew who he was in RL until they saw him at the Thai post office.

Well lets hope so, she had nothing on him till he was found in Thailand and arrested,

as he anonymously emailed Tracey, so all she had was his emails, she certainly was not checking out his alibi,

now she is starting to check him out, but until a week ago she never even knew what his name was,

Now that I think about it, the guy from the Daily Camera who met Karr in Paris and eventually hooked him up with Tracey might have remembered his name.

librazone said:
Its not just the script that they look at its the syntax or the way in which they say things. Ten experts have already said that the note was written by Patsy Ramsey...but the grand jury and the DA's office refused to let them testify... but now we are to believe it was written by Karr.

This guy ...Karrr... is just out to make a few bucks. He already has an ironclad alibi and besides he is without doubt mentally unsound .One simply has to look at some of his statements to see that he suffers from delusions of grandeur.

"He already has an ironclad alibi"

You mean the one his ex-wife gave?

until there is proof he was with her (or his brother) that xmas, i wouldn't state it ironclad - yet.

Floh said:

until there is proof he was with her (or his brother) that xmas, i wouldn't state it ironclad - yet.
I agree. I mean she has not given any pics yet or anything to prove it.

Floh said:

Does anyone else besides me, find it strange that we haven't heard from his brother again??? I mean especially after he was on Greta saying he was going to prove his innocense and be on Greta the next night, yet, not one more word from him. I find that strange.

Floh said:
He hasn't been arrested and/or charged. he's being deported by the Thai authorities as an undesirable.

there would be no reason to segregate, cuff and withold implements for eating.

all the above is in my opinion, only.
I do believe he has been arrested, but he has not been charged. Lacy's press conference statement opens by saying he has been arrested.

>>Statement from Mary Lacy

Good morning.

As you are now aware, John Mark Karr, 41 years old, was arrested for the murder of JonBenet Ramsey yesterday morning at approximately 6:00 am in Bangkok, Thailand. Mr. Karr was living in Bangkok<<

guppy said:
Now that I think about it, the guy from the Daily Camera who met Karr in Paris and eventually hooked him up with Tracey might have remembered his name.

At the time of meeting he didn't know his full name. subsequently? possibly:

The Accidental Suspect

Sandrock, a sportswriter en route to cover a race it Switzerland, introduced himself as a journalist with the Daily Camera, a local newspaper in Boulder. Karr introduced himself as "John" — no last name — and said he was a writer from Amsterdam. During the next few days, the two would discuss in detail the mysterious death of six-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey.
It wasn't long before Sandrock realized that Karr was fascinated by the Ramsey case.
"That's all he really wanted to talk about," Sandrock told reporters Saturday. "I didn't think it was real strange at that time, because so many people asked about the Ramsey case at that time."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2334411&page=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back