Inside Kyron's Bedroom

They all have the oddest relationship I have ever seen with one another.She knows his bedroom,what he liked to display,etc.My husband never saw the inside of my home when he had visits with my kids,they went to his house to visit.We didn't want to talk to each other,unless we had to.LOL But,they all met up at a restaurant to exchange kids every two weeks.Terri would email DY about 5 times a day,DY said.I've seen pics of Terri,her son and little K,DY's son and Kyron with DY's son's father at a bd dinner in a restaurant for him.It's all just highly unusual.I wonder if other families have this kind of interaction,maybe it's a "todays" way of working with one another.They were more like one family,instead of divorced seperate families.

This is Kyron's bedroom at Desiree's home.

They all have the oddest relationship I have ever seen with one another.She knows his bedroom,what he liked to display,etc.My husband never saw the inside of my home when he had visits with my kids,they went to his house to visit.We didn't want to talk to each other,unless we had to.LOL But,they all met up at a restaurant to exchange kids every two weeks.Terri would email DY about 5 times a day,DY said.I've seen pics of Terri,her son and little K,DY's son and Kyron with DY's son's father at a bd dinner in a restaurant for him.It's all just highly unusual.I wonder if other families have this kind of interaction,maybe it's a "todays" way of working with one another.They were more like one family,instead of divorced seperate families.

As Ruby Red said, this is Kyron's room at Desiree's house...
However, wouldn't it be nice if all children could have the kind of environment where the all the adults acted as one big family? Could we even imagine just how wonderful it would be for the children:balloons:

As Ruby Red said, this is Kyron's room at Desiree's house...
However, wouldn't it be nice if all children could have the kind of environment where the all the adults acted as one big family? Could we even imagine just how wonderful it would be for the children:balloons:

Yep,but as in this case,the truth of it is,divorce is nasty and all the issues that go with it.Why I thought at the beginning everything that appeared to be just really wasn't realistic and it wasn't as it appeared.

We always have bbqs with my son's dad, girlfriend, and kids. I actually like her better than I like him. LOL!

I was in the hospital room when my husband's ex-wife passed away, along with other family members. She wanted us all to be family when she was alive and I know that she wanted us to remain family after she passed. That might seem different but we are all happier people because of it. Speaks wonders of my husband's ex-wife's character.

TYVM RubyRed for sharing.
Just makes you feel so close to Little Man.

My heart breaks for Desiree. :cry:

:praying: for a miracle for Little Man Kyron.

I was feeling sad and weepy because "Fireflies" came up on my playlist. If you listen to the words it is really sad in context with Kyron's case.
And then I see this thread. I too read that book to my children. And now my Grandchildren...

the refrain from Fireflies
Leave my door open just a crack.
(Please take me away from here.)
Cause I feel like such an insomniac.
Why do I tire of counting sheep?
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

I was in the hospital room when my husband's ex-wife passed away, along with other family members. She wanted us all to be family when she was alive and I know that she wanted us to remain family after she passed. That might seem different but we are all happier people because of it. Speaks wonders of my husband's ex-wife's character.

Speaks highly of yours to be so loving as well....

The empty unmade bed just about killed me.

I also have the book and read it to my children when they were small. They're now young adults.

"I'll love you forever, I'll love you for always,
As long as I'm living......my baby you'll be."

BBM

I haven't had the heart to look at this book since my friend read it at her 5 day old daughters' funeral. I'm not ready to go there with Kyron yet.

Where is this little boy? His mommy needs him and he needs his mommy.

I was feeling sad and weepy because "Fireflies" came up on my playlist. If you listen to the words it is really sad in context with Kyron's case.
And then I see this thread. I too read that book to my children. And now my Grandchildren...

the refrain from Fireflies
Leave my door open just a crack.
Cause I feel like such an insomniac.
Why do I tire of counting sheep?
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

I watched the youtube video. This song does fit Kyron. Thank you for sharing.

I love just sitting in my kids rooms when they are away at school/camp/college. I feel closer to them.

I totally get leaving the room as it was.

That book makes me cry every time I read it- and I have been reading it for years! It is telling that she would read it to him. You could feel the love in the room, and the look on her face in some of those pictures showed just how much joy there is in that family. So sad he isn't there with her and Tony.

oh gosh. that book. Cannot read it without a box of kleenex. My kids loved the ending. They totally got it; my grandmother AND my husband's grandmother were in a nursing home at the time and my kids the were frequent visitors that lit up their day. :)

That video shows that Desiree was a loving mom, even if Kyron didn't live there. Who knows what ideas of changing custody may have been forming before Kyron suddenly disappeared. That book....my grands have it, and I can't read it without getting teary-eyed. I wish a miracle would happen, and Kyron suddenly appears at a public place and is re-united with his parents. Sadly, all I can produce is tears.

:praying::praying::praying:

I love just sitting in my kids rooms when they are away at school/camp/college. I feel closer to them.

I totally get leaving the room as it was.

My siblings and I are old enough to be grandparents, but my mom is still in the house she raised us in. We joke about our "museum" bedrooms. Mom has plenty of space, and has chossen to leave our bedrooms more or less as they were on the day we left for college.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back