Interactive map of US Jane Does

Mrs. Badcrumble

The North remembers
Reaction score
I came across this amazing map in the DNA Doe Project's pinned Facebook post, which is a brilliant geographical reference tool:

--- NEW: Map of Jane Does ---

Thanks to Sarah Kladar for this incredible, and sobering map of Jane Does throughout the country, including many of our cases. https://www.zeemaps.com/view… This is a WIP - she would welcome suggestions for others that have been overlooked.

(I left out Sarah's email adress, since that could be against TOS to include it, but it is visible in said pinned Fb post)

Jane Does map

Weeeellll, I'm not on Facebook.

We have an active thread about a Jane Doe in Pulaski County, Missouri -- and there are at least 2 in that county.

MO - MO - Dixon, Wht/NtvFem UP10222, >35, off Hwy MM, upper denture, May'81

MO - MO - Dixon, Wht/Hisp/Ntv Skull UP11725, 8-13, at Dogpatch Corner, Oct'13

How do we suggest additions?
Pulaski Jane Doe'81 is on the map (would be weird if she wasn't, considering she's a DDP case).
You have to scroll down a bit, 'til it says 'Notes' to find the link to the map and the email adress (you can e-mail additions to the maker of map, Sarah). I do not want to post it directly on here.

DNA Doe Project

It seems like she's plotted in cases that are in NamUs only, but I am not 100% certain.

Last edited:
Thanks!

The blue pin #33 didn't show up last night, and I still don't see an email address....

Senior Moment or Blonde Moment, take your pick!

YMMV JMHO LRR

Thanks!

The blue pin #33 didn't show up last night, and I still don't see an email address....

YMMV JMHO LRR

It shows up now. Pasting the information for you.

Pulaski County Jane Doe" UP10222
Dixon, Missouri 65459

Description 25 May 1981.Pulaski County Jane Doe was a woman found murdered in Missouri in 1981. A bra with a written word (Possibly Jubel, Julie, Juliel, or Juliet) gave a potential clue to her identity, which has yet to be verified.

I came across this amazing map in the DNA Doe Project's pinned Facebook post, which is a brilliant geographical reference tool:

Thanks to Sarah Kladar for this incredible, and sobering map of Jane Does throughout the country, including many of our cases. https://www.zeemaps.com/view… This is a WIP - she would welcome suggestions for others that have been overlooked.

(I left out Sarah's email adress, since that could be against TOS to include it, but it is visible in said pinned Fb post)

Jane Does map
Hi! I'm Sarah, creator of this map! Feel free to talk to me on here if you have questions or additions!

Thanks!

YMMV JMHO LRR
I don't think I'm even allowed to post my own email address here, but feel free to message me here or on facebook! My name is Sarah Kladar.

Pulaski Jane Doe'81 is on the map (would be weird if she wasn't, considering she's a DDP case).
You have to scroll down a bit, 'til it says 'Notes' to find the link to the map and the email adress (you can e-mail additions to the maker of map, Sarah). I do not want to post it directly on here.

DNA Doe Project

It seems like she's plotted in cases that are in NamUs only, but I am not 100% certain.
The cases are NAMUS only, I'm working through the Doe Network now.

Hello, @subaw0067 , and welcome to Websleuths! :)
First of all, I want to thank you for your impressive work; your map is amazing! Keep up the good work!

----------

DDP just made a post about the map on its own:

"We are most fortunate to have been gifted with an amazing and sobering map created by Sarah Kladar:

Jane Does map

This is a WIP, and as of this morning there are 2,465 Does on the map, representing all females currently in NamUs. They've been plotted 100% by hand and thus far her total time spent on it is something like 250 hours. (She started last October.)

The colors are based on discovery date:

Red- Pre 1950
Orange 1950-1959
Yellow - 1960-1969
Green - 1970-1979
Blue 1980-1989
Purple- 1990-1999
Pink -2000-2009
White 2010-2019

Note – you can zoom out or in to areas of interest. When you click on each pin, information about the case pops up. Please be warned there are a few (non-graphic) autopsy photos for some of these entries.

If anyone has a correction or omission please contact Sarah on facebook or through email (s****k*****98@gmail.com)
Thank you, Sarah!"

(Sarah's e-mail adress has been edited by me, but do you catch my drift, @Laughing ?)

Thanks for posting this Mrs. B.
@subaw0067 (Sarah Kladar), welcome. I already told you on Facebook how amazing I find your work. :) Great!!
Just curious; what made you wanting to make this map (probably a reason I can guess) and how long did you work on it?

Jane Does map

wow! What’s great find! Love it..

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. I'm the creator and manager of this map showing all unidentified female remains in the US. It's in need of some updates and with over 2,800 entries theres a lot of cases to cover. If anyone is willing to take a look and give any edits, additional information, or updates that need to be made, I would really appreciate it!

This is great work. I've only looked for a few minutes so far so I only have one edit: the marker for UP8339 is about 17 miles east of where it should be.

Not sure if you want edits for identified but the marker for 283 should be in Brooklyn at Floyd Bennett Field rather than Floyd Bennet Drive (about an hour away by car).

Not sure if you want edits for identified but the marker for 283 should be in Brooklyn at Floyd Bennett Field rather than Floyd Bennet Drive (about an hour away by car).
Thanks so much for your help! Keep it coming!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back