Interesting EQs near Los Angeles

Talked to Mom last night. Things have calmed down, but early yesterday it was that whole "what's next?" anxiety. Can't say that I blame her there. Oh, and she found the cat lol. Interesting thing about Mocha (the kitty), the night before, around 10pm, she was downstairs at the front door just yowling away. She's usually quiet, but that night she may have sensed what was going to happen. Sure enough, that quake struck over an hour later.

I absolutely believe that the hot temps have something to do with quakes. Whenever it got really hot, it was always called "earthquake weather". The animal sensitivity, too. Mom says next time Mocha yowls she's going to pay more attention hahaha :)

Thanks for all of the info, Herding Cats! I find this type of thing so interesting - scary, but interesting. Kinda like true crime ;)

Just as a reminder from Kate Hutton. earthquakes happen way below the earth's surface so they are not affected by the outside temperature or the temperature that we feel.
So the fact that it has been so hot is not truly relevant. Alaska has more EQ activity than CA.
She also said these may be along the Whittier fault but they were not 100% consistent with that fault so this is probably a new fault. But there are lots of new faults so this is not particularly alarming or anything.

But there is always a 100% chance another eq will strike at any time.

When 2 back to back like that they are called doublets for your trivia collection. :)
I LOVE Kate Hutton. She's pure science. And that's a good thing. She's also got a sly sense of humor, as I've seen her commenting on decades of EQs.

I'm also betting on a new fault...and while it may not be alarming to Kate, it's alarming to everyone else. LOL, I often picture us as a bunch of ants tromping around on a cracked dinner plate, with spiderwebs of cracks growing and spreading. I know that isn't a good analogy - but it's a great mental picture.

"Doublets". Yay, I learned a new word today!

Best-
Herding Cats

I LOVE Kate Hutton. She's pure science. And that's a good thing. She's also got a sly sense of humor, as I've seen her commenting on decades of EQs.

I'm also betting on a new fault...and while it may not be alarming to Kate, it's alarming to everyone else. LOL, I often picture us as a bunch of ants tromping around on a cracked dinner plate, with spiderwebs of cracks growing and spreading. I know that isn't a good analogy - but it's a great mental picture.

"Doublets". Yay, I learned a new word today!

Best-
Herding Cats
I love her too. She has been keeping up informed for what? 30 years? She is awesome. She said that a 4.2 happens completely under the earth's surface so they wouldn;t know about it.
http://www.kfiam640.com/player/?sta...dcast&program_id=BillCarroll.xml&mid=22333337

Kate comes on about the 4 minute mark. Good info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back