Interview with Maya D at Lowell...

Regrading the gang name it did not matter there were two people arrested for a carjacking (that was the clue) the police knew who those two people were tolbert and derkovic. The third man was arrested on his birthday at his home. So I think she confessed after being questioned after the tip came in. IMO

Oh I hadn't read the arrested on his birthday part - coincidently though the guy who is sentenced to 15 years has a release date that is his birthday in the year 2022.
He can earn time off for good behavior though as well.

I would be more suspicious if every account she gave of what happened was exactly the same, word for word each time...

Really? I always thought that when someone's story stays the same - especially over time - it's a sign that they are telling the truth.
Especially regarding the main details like who, what, where and when.

Really? I always thought that when someone's story stays the same - especially over time - it's a sign that they are telling the truth.
Especially regarding the main details like who, what, where and when.

I don't mean the essentials of the evidence, but repeating exactly the same statement, word for word, in precisely the same order. That smacks of rehearsal to me.... I expect people to recall events with some minor variation in description, as things pop into their head...JMO

I haven't had time to read this entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been brought up. After listening to Maya's interview, all I can say is WOW. Casey can't refute any of Maya's statements. My guess is she won't. Maya (in my opinion) has had an epiphony. Something that I hope for on an every day basis. LOL

Kudos to Maya. You truly can't erase the past unless you have alzheimers, unfortunately.

ETA: Casey CAN refute Maya's claims. Doubtful that she will.

I do not disagree with this. In my post you have quoted I was clearly outlining those pieces of information that are undeniably fact. From these facts I went on to draw my personal conclusion.

I take no isssue when one has reached a different conclusion then my own. My issue arises when one distorts and/or ignores the known facts in order to support their own conclusion. One should not have reached a conclusion first before looking at the facts either. Maybe a hypotheses, but not a conclusion.

Facts are facts (until they change), how one places them together and reaches a conclusion is entirely up to the individual and their perceptions, yes.

The above is what I'm trying hard to do. I'm trying to put my emotions aside and get the facts straight (hard to do and takes research and work) before drawing my conclusion. I'm doing this to help my aging brain as well. Man do I get a headache though (could be eye strain from the computer contributing).
That's why I got a little upset the other day because I had done my homework and peeps (not purposely) were overlooking the facts and that isn't really constructive in getting to the truth of a matter.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to pin down too many facts (31 days is one and Pontiac smelled like a dead body is another) in this case. Therefore, when there is something to dissect that one can draw a conclusion from, it's kind of fun imo.

I'm glad you had the courage and took the time to watch Maya's interview. I hope when processing what you felt and saw while watching it, you will keep in mind Maya's background. This girl was on the streets at 13, and bears a pimps tattoo on her throat, which implies she was a child prostitute. She ran with one of the toughest gangs, and was the "top girl". She was a gansta girl. And English is her second language. So a girl who did not have a "traditional" home life or education, who has lived much of what most of us would never care to see, who was charged with car-jacking and convicted of murder.

I was amazed at her calmness, the look of serenity on her face, and her straightforward answers. I expected to see some instinctual "shifting" or avoidance (I don't know how to explain it) bleeding through from her past life. How many of us can say we have completely erased the signs of our upbringing if it has been negative.

I don't believe this young woman could be such a magnificent actress.
Also, to the poster who made the comment that she's 5'10" and a big girl so would be able to protect herself against any attack in prison - my understanding is those attacks when fatal, are not from bare hands, are swift and unexpected, and involve the use of some sort of contraband article, fashioned to kill.

MY BOLD

Of course attacks with weapons happen in prisons, just as they do here on the street. But size, reputation and demeanor do matter, in prison and out, and to suggest otherwise is to be naive. Prisons are populated by predators, and those perceived as too weak, too small, too passive quickly become the prey.

I don't know Maya and truly feel sorry for her early life circumstances that ultimately led her to this sad point in her life. But I stand by my statement that she will be able to hold her own in prison. She has a reputation as a hands-on killer and gangbanger. She is of formidable size. That alone will keep some aggressors away. Others may choose to challenge her still, of course. Prisons are notorious for violence. But she has proved to be no stranger to violence herself and I think she will be all right.

Just my opinion, as always.

Yes, she did do that. While two male gang members held her victim down so she couldn't struggle. And one of them stepped on the girls throat after she was finished.

Thank you! Only shows how vicious she was in her attack to take fatal advantage of somebody helplessly restrained. This isn't shooting someone from a distance or even stabbing them. this is looking into their eyes as you choke the life out of their body. Pretty cruel, vicious and predatory in my world.

Regarding any upcoming testimony Maya may offer at KC's trial, whenever prosecutors put convicted felons on the stand to testify in others' trials, they are essentially buying a pig in a poke. It is impossible to determine how jurors will respond to a person convicted already of heinous acts. Will that testimony come across as bellievable or self-serving? Is this just attention-seeking behavior from a narcissistic prisoner looking to break up a dull jailhouse routine, or does this person actually have credible demeanor and something of value to offer at trial? Prosecutors will have to weigh these and other factors very carefully.

My gut reaction is not to believe much of what she has said thus far. I don't trust her or her words. I want to see KC convicted, but I just don't see this girl and her testimony as the way to do it. I think there is enough other evidence they can use without introducing this wild card into the mix.

Call between Casey’s pen pal, Orange Co. Corrections obtained

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...asey’s-pen-pal-Orange-Co-Corrections-obtained

<snipped>

In the process of the jail investigating Hernandez, one of the investigators talked with Derkovic and recorded the conversation.

Captain Watts: What was your relationship like with inmate Anthony and inmate Adams?
Derkovic: Because we were .. all three of us were the only PC's, we, we were the ones that stayed there for the longest and talked to each other through the doors, through the vents, through letters and we just became friends.
Watts: So you guys did consider yourselves friends?
Derkovic: Yes sir.

On News 13 at 9 p.m., you'll hear about how Anthony and another inmate were allowed time together, and you won't believe what the corrections officer let them do.

Bumping for reference and information due to today's document dump.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back