Invoice for the Defense for Work Performed

JB's priorities, count em...zero. lol

Oh no - he has 1 and only 1 -- getting the invoices paid ;) Frankly, I think he knows his client is going down and the more money he can get the better (for him).

MOO

Mel

Here's a breakdown of the public financing for the case:

$38,672.38 This is the total amount the defense team has billed the state since a judge declared her indigent in March. It includes the $18,405.40 that's been paid so far, payments still pending and invoices returned due to insufficient documentation or duplicate filings.

$8,118.92 Expert witness Dr. Henry Lee – made famous by the O.J. Simpson murder case - in September billed JAC for travel and services. He said that fee included a 50 percent discount.

$11,123 Jeremiah Lyons Investigations has billed at least this much for interviewing witnesses, picking up law enforcement records, making public records requests and consulting with attorneys.

$6,413,88 The defense has billed at least this much for court reporting and transcription services

Here's the approximate cost of incarcerating Casey Anthony for more than two years at the Orange County Jail:

$68,629.40 as of Thursday. Anthony has been held continuously since Oct. 14, 2008. The per diem rate for inmates is $92.12.Jail officials say Anthony's actual cost of incarceration is likely higher because she is in protective custody and has special travel needs. Jail records show Casey Anthony is the 40th longest serving inmate at the facility.

Prosecution costs:

$42,200.16 The prosecution would not itemize the expenses because it would reveal work product. This total does not include salaries of the prosecutors working on the Casey Anthony case. Two of those salaries exceed $100,000 per year.

Before being declared indigent, Anthony's private funding totaled:

$275,00, including $200,000 paid by ABC News

Of that, $121,954.83 went to attorneys and a media consultant
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-public-finance-defen20101029,0,4650534.story

$8,118.92 Expert witness Dr. Henry Lee – made famous by the O.J. Simpson murder case - in September billed JAC for travel and services. He said that fee included a 50 percent discount

Wasn't Henry lee working pro-bono (or a box of oranges?)

It seems so far, that Casey's defense has cost much more then the prosecutions.
I'd say she's having a more then fair trial!

$8,118.92 Expert witness Dr. Henry Lee – made famous by the O.J. Simpson murder case - in September billed JAC for travel and services. He said that fee included a 50 percent discount

Note the words I've highlighted in red. "billed" doesn't mean the JAC paid. Perhaps the JAC has refused to pay the entire amount, thus the reason why Baez has filed a motion for clarification? I don't know, just am guessing due to the "timing."

I thought I saw him on TV (? NG show) saying he was working Pro Bono for her. I guess now he knows the State is paying he doesn't feel so charitable. :innocent:

Here's a breakdown of the public financing for the case:

$38,672.38 This is the total amount the defense team has billed the state since a judge declared her indigent in March. It includes the $18,405.40 that's been paid so far, payments still pending and invoices returned due to insufficient documentation or duplicate filings.

$8,118.92 Expert witness Dr. Henry Lee – made famous by the O.J. Simpson murder case - in September billed JAC for travel and services. He said that fee included a 50 percent discount.

$11,123 Jeremiah Lyons Investigations has billed at least this much for interviewing witnesses, picking up law enforcement records, making public records requests and consulting with attorneys.

$6,413,88 The defense has billed at least this much for court reporting and transcription services

Here's the approximate cost of incarcerating Casey Anthony for more than two years at the Orange County Jail:

$68,629.40 as of Thursday. Anthony has been held continuously since Oct. 14, 2008. The per diem rate for inmates is $92.12.Jail officials say Anthony's actual cost of incarceration is likely higher because she is in protective custody and has special travel needs. Jail records show Casey Anthony is the 40th longest serving inmate at the facility.

Prosecution costs:

$42,200.16 The prosecution would not itemize the expenses because it would reveal work product. This total does not include salaries of the prosecutors working on the Casey Anthony case. Two of those salaries exceed $100,000 per year.

Before being declared indigent, Anthony's private funding totaled:

$275,00, including $200,000 paid by ABC News

Of that, $121,954.83 went to attorneys and a media consultant
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-public-finance-defen20101029,0,4650534.story

I get so confused over these billing requests and payments made by JAC.

Please explain if you know, (example: Henry Lee's costs). He was on the case and did his travel (I thought) before ICA was declared indigent.

So, can anyone bill for services, travel etc.
since the start of this ordeal and expect payment?

Or are 'these costs' being paid for things DONE -- ONLY after 'indigent status was established?

TY LLL or anyone who can explain this to us.

I get so confused over these billing requests and payments made by JAC.

Please explain if you know, (example: Henry Lee's costs). He was on the case and did his travel (I thought) before ICA was declared indigent.

So, can anyone bill for services, travel etc.
since the start of this ordeal and expect payment?

Or are 'these costs' being paid for things DONE -- ONLY after 'indigent status was established?

TY LLL or anyone who can explain this to us.

Well, Henry Lee may or may not have gotten his crate of oranges?:innocent:

I'm with you on this......confused.

Does anybody know, WAS a request made today of all billing and timetables on the JAC's (taxpayers) dime? There was a lot of around-about talk at the time Judge Perry was asking how much was left. Heming and hawing as grandma would have said.
moo:cow:

Note the words I've highlighted in red. "billed" doesn't mean the JAC paid. Perhaps the JAC has refused to pay the entire amount, thus the reason why Baez has filed a motion for clarification? I don't know, just am guessing due to the "timing."

Henry Lee has not received any payments from JAC. A court order is to be attached to all invoices, which is why JB needed the clarification and a new order issued.

Henry Lee has not received any payments from JAC. A court order is to be attached to all invoices, which is why JB needed the clarification and a new order issued.

TY Nums, (your highlight isn't coming up 'red' on my end).

But, could you clarify whether you know what the rule is concerning the submission of bills and the payment there of?

Will JAC pay for any service that JB/team etc. had done before ICA was declare indigent? Who's to know if the dates of services performed will be 'the actual' date?

IN OTHER WORDS, is everything that is being submitted to JAC supposed to be services performed after the date that indigents was declared. TIA

Well, Henry Lee may or may not have gotten his crate of oranges?:innocent:

I'm with you on this......confused.

Does anybody know, WAS a request made today of all billing and timetables on the JAC's (taxpayers) dime? There was a lot of around-about talk at the time Judge Perry was asking how much was left. Heming and hawing as grandma would have said.
moo:cow:
From what I saw during the hearing, he couldn't tell JP how many hours he had used on several issues -- except that what ever was alloted was used up.

JP didn't like that..... Said he wanted a detailed accounting for hours before he would issue more.

Finally, on the PI hours, I believe, that Ann F. gave him a printout and he took it to the bench. His record keeping....is not a strong issue with him apparently. Don't know why he is never prepared... UGH.

But, could you clarify whether you know what the rule is concerning the submission of bills and the payment there of?

Will JAC pay for any service that JB/team etc. had done before ICA was declare indigent? Who's to know if the dates of services performed will be 'the actual' date?

IN OTHER WORDS, is everything that is being submitted to JAC supposed to be services performed after the date that indigents was declared. TIA

BBM - Yes the defense may only submit for Due Process Related Expenses after she was declared indigent. The JAC has very specific rules and processes, here is a link to their FAQ's : http://justiceadmin.com/faq/index.aspx. The whole site has a wealth of info.

Here is Judge Perry's original order from May outlining what was approved: http://justiceadmin.com/faq/index.aspx

That wasn't my highlight, it was Sun's from 11:32am , highlighting SumBunny's quote upthread.

TIA.........I have another question; anyone please respond.

On payments received from JAC ~~~ Is JB submitting these charges for reimbursement and then paying whom ever that performed the service...(like contractor/subcontractor).

Or, is the person who actually did perform the service the one that is billing and receiving the payment?

From what I saw during the hearing, he couldn't tell JP how many hours he had used on several issues -- except that what ever was alloted was used up.

JP didn't like that..... Said he wanted a detailed accounting for hours before he would issue more.

Finally, on the PI hours, I believe, that Ann F. gave him a printout and he took it to the bench. His record keeping....is not a strong issue with him apparently. Don't know why he is never prepared... UGH.

I love JP but here goes...this isn't the first or second time he has asked a simple question and got the run around from JB. JB talks a lot but never answers the question. I don't care if it takes five hours, make him call his office and get the detailed accounting for the hours. If he has to, make him drive to to his office.

JB thinks he's going to be a big shot after this trial (actually he already thinks he is). If he is publicly humiliated and called out for his awful lawyering he'll learn eventually (maybe). He is already making a fool of himself but he doesn't seem to notice. JP has told him repeatedly that if he wants more money he has to show exactly how the money was spent. JB simply ignores him and JP seems to allow it. He needs to crack down hard now before the trial starts because I see this trial slipping away from the May deadline. No more letting JB slide on the easy questions.

The same thing happened when JP asked him how many more depositions he had to take. Simple question. JB danced around the issue for about 10 minutes but never gave a straight answer. I'd like JP to say I'll sit here all day until you give me a straight answer.

I still think JP is a great judge for this case. I just think he's letting the defense team get away with too much. :truce:

IMO

TIA.........I have another question; anyone please respond.

On payments received from JAC ~~~ Is JB submitting these charges for reimbursement and then paying whom ever that performed the service...(like contractor/subcontractor).

Or, is the person who actually did perform the service the one that is billing and receiving the payment?

The actual person bills the JAC. Baez doesn't even get to wave at the money as it crosses his desk - he never sees it.

I'm a bit baffled as to why they're bringing up things like mileage. Seriously...other professionals pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a year for meals, fuel, etc. I don't get it. Finnell is a cynical, weird person.

Like Judge Judy says.
"Where did he think he was going today"
Ask for more, but don't show how you spent the first money so the Judge and JAC can make proper decisions.:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny
Back