Ireland Ireland - Mary Boyle, 6, Cashelard, County Donegal, 18 March 1977

Once Gemma O'Doherty's documentary is released both the name of the suspect and the name of the politician will be in the msm, so I suppose we'll have to wait till then for any further discussion.

(Although both names can be found in minutes on google already).

I just watched the documentary and the suspect wasn't named. I didn't hear the politician named either but the lovely Irish accents might have made me miss it. :) I expect it was for legal reasons. It's a good documentary though.

I just watched the documentary and the suspect wasn't named. I didn't hear the politician named either but the lovely Irish accents might have made me miss it. :) I expect it was for legal reasons. It's a good documentary though.

I didn't really expect the documentary to actually name the suspect but it is clear who they are talking about. With regards to the politician, there are many comments within the documentary referring to a link between certain person, Garda Superintendent Dom Murray & politician going back. There is a newspaper clipping from the Donegal Demograt circulating with names blanked out, it is a newspaper article relating to an RTE program in the 80's and refers to claims of the link between a Garda Superintendent and a Donegal Councillor. The politician imo is not a TD, he is actually a councillor. If you look at the election history of the area, it is not too difficult to figure out who they are referring to, particularly when you see that in April 2016, Lynn Boylan MEP raised the matter in the European Parliament talking about a current sitting politician.

http://electionsireland.com/election.php?elecid=167&constitid=132

Journalist Gemma O'Doherty has just released her documentary regarding the case of Mary Boyle on YouTube. [video=youtube;0vGORoCbpXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vGORoCbpXw[/video]

Another child killer getting away with it because he has friends in high places...smh. I really hope there is justice for little Mary Boyle, one of these days soon.
PS...
Looked at some satellite maps of the area. What is the area directly to the west of the Gallagher home site? Is that where they farm trees or is it a dump of some kind? It looks deforested and basically very well raked over.

Robert Black main suspect as cold case cops probe mystery of missing Donegal girl Mary Boyle

The Irish Daily Star reported that senior Garda officers have confirmed that the cold case unit of the force is launching a new investigation into the mystery surrounding the disappearance on Mary Boyle.

Serial child-killer Robert Black has long been considered the prime suspect in the Boyle disappearance.

Black died in Maghaberry in January of this year where he was serving a life sentence for the murder of Ballinderry schoolgirl Jennifer Cardy.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...missing-donegal-girl-mary-boyle-34878280.html

Robert Black main suspect as cold case cops probe mystery of missing Donegal girl Mary Boyle

The Irish Daily Star reported that senior Garda officers have confirmed that the cold case unit of the force is launching a new investigation into the mystery surrounding the disappearance on Mary Boyle.

Serial child-killer Robert Black has long been considered the prime suspect in the Boyle disappearance.

Black died in Maghaberry in January of this year where he was serving a life sentence for the murder of Ballinderry schoolgirl Jennifer Cardy.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...missing-donegal-girl-mary-boyle-34878280.html

To understand the re-emergence of Black's name at this time you need to consider the context. Black is dead. The Garda have just been openly accused of a politically related cover up to prevent a murderer being arrested (in the documentary). This is just the latest in a long list of scandals associated with the Garda and their links to corrupt politics. And the Irish Daily Star is not a credible source, except as a mouthpiece of the Garda. They are the sister paper of the UK Daily Star, the most downmarket rag in UK journalism which will cut any deal with anyone for future benefit. Think the National Enquirer without the standards or resources. So there are two possibilities; that Black really is the main suspect or that he is a convenient flag to distract from the allegations against the Garda and others. If the Garda sergeant is telling the truth (and why would he be lying) it is very difficult to see how that fits with Black being involved. But I can safely forecast that the cold case investigation will lead nowhere. Irish politics makes Chicago under Daley look like a convention of saints.

I should add thanks to Cappuccino and Frizby for the pointers. It is now clear who is the Gallagher politician.

I'm afraid Black is becoming a convenient scapegoat agencies can use to claim they've "solved" the case.

Here is an other article today, also lifted from the Star (and I completely agree with you alb1on, it is not a reliable source and I'm an ex journalist (UK) )

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...e-saw-mary-boyle-6-being-lifted-34883293.html

"Fisherman PJ Coughlan has said he saw a red Volkswagen Beetle"

That's very specific and a VW Beetle is a very distinctive vehicle. That would seem to count Black out. His MO always involved his works delivery van.

Hi All

Long time Lurker on here as this stuff fascinates me (dont know if it is because what I'm about to tell you or just my nature)

Anyway I am Mary Boyles First cousin I help run a facebook page called "justice for Mary Boyle " I hope I'm allowed to put that here if not my apologies

I am 100% behind Marys twin sisters campaign for justice & im willing to answer any questions that anyone may have on this case

(within reason as obviously for example if I name certain names it could prejudice any future trial)

Thanks for having me here.

Hi...I wonder if you care to comment on whether or not the split between Mary's twin and their mother is due to any suggestion/denial that the killer is in some way related to the family, either by marriage or otherwise, and secondly, if I may, was anyone in the family in politics or law enforcement. Thank you

Hi...I wonder if you care to comment on whether or not the split between Mary's twin and their mother is due to any suggestion/denial that the killer is in some way related to the family, either by marriage or otherwise, and secondly, if I may, was anyone in the family in politics or law enforcement. Thank you

Hi there
Yes certainly the first question , yes that's why there is a split, im very sorry that I cannot go further into this as I cannot say too much that could possibly affect any future trial but yes what you suggested there is indeed what has happened.

As for your second question , none of any of the Gallagher (or Indeed Boyle family) had any links to Law Enforcment.. the Gallagher family were known to be big supporters of the political party "Fianna Fail" , I asked Marys Uncle Gerry Gallagher on my first time meeting him this summer was he actually a member of the party Fianna Fail and he said he was

The politician who is believed to have called the gardai (police) and told them to lay off the main suspect is a Local Fianna Fail councillor & is still in office presently.

Me: wonder if you care to comment on whether or not the split between Mary's twin and their mother is due to any suggestion/denial that the killer is in some way related to the family,

From Justice4MaryBoyle >>"...yes that's why there is a split..."

Me: "...secondly, if I may, was anyone in the family in politics..."

Justice4MaryBoyle>>>"...the Gallagher family were known to be big supporters of the political party "Fianna Fail"...<< and
>>>"The politician who is believed to have called the gardai (police) and told them to lay off the main suspect is a Local Fianna Fail councillor & is still in office presently.<<<

Thank you for answering the questions. I think I have another one. As you know, the names of two politicians have surfaced, and both have publicly claimed they are NOT the politician in question, which was to be expected I imagine.

But if we were to assume, purely for the sake of discussion, that both are telling the truth, then one wonders 1) could a call have come from higher up but still perhaps within County Donegal and 2) could the call have come from an influential religious personage or that entity's representative.

Obviously, as we seem to know nothing for certain, by way of evidence, then anything is possible. But historically, in Ireland, at that time, the MOST powerful entity, politically, culturally, etc. was the Catholic Church.

Do you know if any part of the investigation at that time looked into the whereabouts of nearby parish priests? Let's say, the two closest parishes serving the farm? I do not know if you would have that information, but there must be records of who the pastor(s) was (were). I think the "close relative" is a natural area for thorough investigation....but I keep coming back to another perspective that seems both sides of the family agree on: that "Mary knew her abductor," and I can't help but wonder how thoroughly non-family members were investigated--non family members that any Irish six-year old at that time would trust...implicitly. Mary liked to go off on her own, it seems, was restless, curious. Perhaps she began a walk into town...

I think as you have been lurking here for some time, as you mentioned, then you know the standard operating procedure is to look at the evidence. I've seen Gemma's well-done documentary...and to me, the most powerful element of the film is the allegation by the filmmaker and Mary's twin sister, and others, that the investigation--the investigation then AND now--that might produce some hard evidence was and IS BEING stymied by law enforcement.

But maybe it's being stymied by something even more powerful, at that time (and perhaps still), than the Gardai, i.e., the Church. I have family in Kerry. I know the issues in Donegal, at that time, were somewhat inseparable from The Troubles and all the political ramifications and lawlessness and brute force of those times...but all that seems to be more of a diversion in this case. I can't help but wonder what institution, then and now, has even more incentive to maintain a coverup than even a corrupt Gardai that may have (simply...but it's never simple) been the accessory to the coverup relating to the disappearance of Mary Boyle.

Just the distance of time, an Irish and Catholic heritage and a tendency to think in terms of "Who has the most to gain or lose?" brings me to this pondering. They say, 'follow the money" but in this case, I can't help but wonder if everyone should be following, perhaps, the guy who leads the Stations of the Cross...not that there wasn't money involved. I rather suspect there was a good deal of it to secure silence.

Hi All

Long time Lurker on here as this stuff fascinates me (dont know if it is because what I'm about to tell you or just my nature)

Anyway I am Mary Boyles First cousin I help run a facebook page called "justice for Mary Boyle " I hope I'm allowed to put that here if not my apologies

I am 100% behind Marys twin sisters campaign for justice & im willing to answer any questions that anyone may have on this case

(within reason as obviously for example if I name certain names it could prejudice any future trial)

Thanks for having me here.

Justice, you may want to contact a Moderator & be verified as an insider to this case.

Just something we do here at WS.

Sorry for the loss of your cousin & the huge cost to your family; thanks for joining us!

:seeya:

Me: wonder if you care to comment on whether or not the split between Mary's twin and their mother is due to any suggestion/denial that the killer is in some way related to the family,

From Justice4MaryBoyle >>"...yes that's why there is a split..."

Me: "...secondly, if I may, was anyone in the family in politics..."

Justice4MaryBoyle>>>"...the Gallagher family were known to be big supporters of the political party "Fianna Fail"...<< and
>>>"The politician who is believed to have called the gardai (police) and told them to lay off the main suspect is a Local Fianna Fail councillor & is still in office presently.<<<

Thank you for answering the questions. I think I have another one. As you know, the names of two politicians have surfaced, and both have publicly claimed they are NOT the politician in question, which was to be expected I imagine.

But if we were to assume, purely for the sake of discussion, that both are telling the truth, then one wonders 1) could a call have come from higher up but still perhaps within County Donegal and 2) could the call have come from an influential religious personage or that entity's representative.

Obviously, as we seem to know nothing for certain, by way of evidence, then anything is possible. But historically, in Ireland, at that time, the MOST powerful entity, politically, culturally, etc. was the Catholic Church.

Do you know if any part of the investigation at that time looked into the whereabouts of nearby parish priests? Let's say, the two closest parishes serving the farm? I do not know if you would have that information, but there must be records of who the pastor(s) was (were). I think the "close relative" is a natural area for thorough investigation....but I keep coming back to another perspective that seems both sides of the family agree on: that "Mary knew her abductor," and I can't help but wonder how thoroughly non-family members were investigated--non family members that any Irish six-year old at that time would trust...implicitly. Mary liked to go off on her own, it seems, was restless, curious. Perhaps she began a walk into town...

I think as you have been lurking here for some time, as you mentioned, then you know the standard operating procedure is to look at the evidence. I've seen Gemma's well-done documentary...and to me, the most powerful element of the film is the allegation by the filmmaker and Mary's twin sister, and others, that the investigation--the investigation then AND now--that might produce some hard evidence was and IS BEING stymied by law enforcement.

But maybe it's being stymied by something even more powerful, at that time (and perhaps still), than the Gardai, i.e., the Church. I have family in Kerry. I know the issues in Donegal, at that time, were somewhat inseparable from The Troubles and all the political ramifications and lawlessness and brute force of those times...but all that seems to be more of a diversion in this case. I can't help but wonder what institution, then and now, has even more incentive to maintain a coverup than even a corrupt Gardai that may have (simply...but it's never simple) been the accessory to the coverup relating to the disappearance of Mary Boyle.

Just the distance of time, an Irish and Catholic heritage and a tendency to think in terms of "Who has the most to gain or lose?" brings me to this pondering. They say, 'follow the money" but in this case, I can't help but wonder if everyone should be following, perhaps, the guy who leads the Stations of the Cross...not that there wasn't money involved. I rather suspect there was a good deal of it to secure silence.

as of now we have absolutely no reason to believe that this case involves the catholic church whatsoever.. there is also no links to the case to "the troubles" which was at its height very close to this area at the time,
The Catholic church in Ireland as you have pointed out was basically running the state in those days & were responsible for awful crimes aainst children throughout the last century ..however I believe the 2 forces most at play here are a local politician who I believe to be Sean McEniff and I have named him because he has brought himself into this discussion , and his close link with the Gardai/ Police ( ill try just use police from now on in )

I will link you to two different video channels which only a few days ago uploaded lots of short videos clips off footage of an now unavailable 1985 documentary made by the state broadcaster RTE that made claims that both of these individual were in cahoots - these allegations stemmed from Rank & File Policemen complaining to their superiors that they weren't being allowed to investigate the politicians illegal business practices properly ( albeit it didn't mention Marys Case)

there is 5 short clips from the 1985 documentary on here - https://vimeo.com/user55049448
and 9 short clips from it on this channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExrTZGDHYCWRhYeD-I4UUw/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

bear in mind this is the same politician who made this statement to the local council on speculation that he is the politican who told the police to lay off the suspect

[video=youtube;dUPMMl4k3UI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUPMMl4k3UI[/video]

I'll message a Moderator to see how i can verify myself now thank you

im sorry for being clueless here but can anyone point me in the direction of a Mod please :)

im sorry for being clueless here but can anyone point me in the direction of a Mod please :)

Thank you for joining us! I just started reading about Mary, hopefully your family can finally get some answers!
Here is a link to information on getting verified as an insider:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters
Also, I believe if you hit the "alert" button on the bottom of your post, it will be sent to a mod. if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, active mods will be listed in bold in the "thread info" box.
Hope that helps!

Hi Justice4MaryBoyle! Welcome to WS!

I have a question: what became of the supposed shallow grave that was found by the searcher, Gallagher I think was his name? I find this part so confusing. First, why didn't the family check it out if police did nothing? 2 by 4 ft, and shallow, it wouldn't have been very difficult to do. I'm sure they must have wanted to go and dig and see for themselves - what kept them away? And second, what were the results of the ground can that was done to find any remains?

Thank you!

We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc. This does not include people who may befriend a player on internet social media and then wish to post about it.

If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email: wsverify@gmail.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

Justice4MaryBoyle is now a verified insider in Mary's case.

Please treat Justice4MaryBoyle with respect.

Remember Justice4MaryBoyle does not need to provide links to his posts and it's up to you whether to believe what Justice4MaryBoyle posts or not.

Thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back