Ireland Ireland - Sligo, WhtMale, 50-70, aka 'Peter Bergmann', prostate cancer, Jun'09

Here are a few screenshots from Irelands Unidentified Bodies Episode 2, the address is visible, and the way the clothing tags were removed. I do retract my previous opinion that it was done because they were scratchy, this seems a tad deliberate.

I am not sure about the address but his writing leaves a few questions, letters written differently and I think the address is different than what has previously been assumed. The address on the tissues says for reselling in Austria which gives more hints that he was in fact Austrian or at least spent a lot of time there.
I did some research when I first watched that episode. The packet of tissues was sold at a store that was right by an airport in Austria. I believe he flew in from that area and bought those tissues just before that flight.

Here are a few screenshots from Irelands Unidentified Bodies Episode 2, the address is visible, and the way the clothing tags were removed. I do retract my previous opinion that it was done because they were scratchy, this seems a tad deliberate.

I am not sure about the address but his writing leaves a few questions, letters written differently and I think the address is different than what has previously been assumed. The address on the tissues says for reselling in Austria which gives more hints that he was in fact Austrian or at least spent a lot of time there.
I believe that first word is actually Amstetten, Lower Austria - Wikipedia

I believe that first word is actually Amstetten, Lower Austria - Wikipedia
Also, I forgot to mention, 07472 is the Area Code for Amstetten. "Peter Bergmann" allegedly wrote "Ainstettersn 15, 4472, Vienna, Austria", but, just like "Ainstettersn", that first 4 in 4472 could have been misread. It looks like he may have been using the Area Code instead of the Postal Code, but I guess this could still prove a link to that area (not too far from Vienna). EDIT: after checking the other photos, that was definitely a 4.

I don't think I've ever seen these photos so thanks for sharing those.

A few things I can contribute:

He's definitely European, (probably Austrian, but definitely European) by looking at his "1" and "7". The 1 looks very natural, it stands out against the rest of his writing.

His handwriting is pretty bad for someone of his age, German children learn cursive writing very young, so he may be writing in his non-regular handwriting because German handwriting is notoriously hard to read, even when you speak the language. All that to say his handwriting may have been affected by his health and/or he may have been nervous (given that he was writing out a fake address and name, probably on the fly, he may have fumbled a little bit). Bergmann does not seem to be his actual name, as he seems to have changed his mind on the second letter, turning what may have been an "l" into an "e". He's also not very confident in his "P" which would be strange for someone who had lived 60+ years as a "Peter".

The "er" combinations are all over the place. I don't think we'll gain much insight into where he is from based on the address he provided unless he used his town as a street name and had any other "clues" (maybe he did live at #15). Amstette is clear, but the last three letters are off, "r" seems likely (though unlike his previous "er" combos), "s" seems pretty clear, but his "n" is all sorts of wrong. You'd usually expect an address to include "Str." at the end for "Strasse" (street). I will ask my German friend if there are any other abbreviations similar.

I definitely think it says (or was going to say?) Amstetten and it's worth noting that Amstetten is the town that Josef Fritzl lived in, and his crimes in that town were international news the previous year (2008). If you were coming up with a fake address, this might be a town name that comes to mind.

MOO.

With the double from the dead husband to the notary

KAPPEL-GRAFENHAUSEN. For the English press, which is delighted with the case, what happened sounds like "straight out of a Hitchcock film". And indeed, the suspect in question seemed to have done everything to make it look like the perfect murder. Now she is in custody.

At the beginning there is a missing person report: The 70-year-old pensioner Hermann H. from Kappel-Grafenhausen in the Ortenau district disappears from one day to the next. In October 2009, one of his landlords placed an ad. He says he hasn't seen the man in months. The missing man's wife says her husband is fine. She answered evasively to further questions from the police. Investigators are not yet suspicious. Only a few weeks later, just before Christmas, do the inconsistencies add up. The police ordered the two - then the 70-year-old is said to be on a business trip.

The police are intensifying their efforts. H.'s 55-year-old wife, who lives .......

-.-.-
I translated with Google. I hope, you are able to read the article in English (like me).

What if the missing and estranged, allegedly murdered husband is our Peter Bergmann? Unfortunately I can not search for a photo, because I don't know the missing husband's name, only "Hermann H.".

With the double from the dead husband to the notary

KAPPEL-GRAFENHAUSEN. For the English press, which is delighted with the case, what happened sounds like "straight out of a Hitchcock film". And indeed, the suspect in question seemed to have done everything to make it look like the perfect murder. Now she is in custody.

At the beginning there is a missing person report: The 70-year-old pensioner Hermann H. from Kappel-Grafenhausen in the Ortenau district disappears from one day to the next. In October 2009, one of his landlords placed an ad. He says he hasn't seen the man in months. The missing man's wife says her husband is fine. She answered evasively to further questions from the police. Investigators are not yet suspicious. Only a few weeks later, just before Christmas, do the inconsistencies add up. The police ordered the two - then the 70-year-old is said to be on a business trip.

The police are intensifying their efforts. H.'s 55-year-old wife, who lives .......

-.-.-
I translated with Google. I hope, you are able to read the article in English (like me).

What if the missing and estranged, allegedly murdered husband is our Peter Bergmann? Unfortunately I can not search for a photo, because I don't know the missing husband's name, only "Hermann H.".
Mord am Rheinfischer Hilß ist nicht nachweisbar think this is a picture of him & more about the story, but behind a paywall

BootsführerRheinauenBaumannSuchePBIrland.png
That is a boatman from the area, the missing ex-husband was perhaps working at. Rheingauen. Tauber Gießen nature reserve. I don't know, who this man is, and I don't know, which year the pic is from. But I wouldn't wonder, if it would be PB, only younger and more strong.
I give you the link, where I found the pic:

ETE: Didn't see your posts, while writing myself. Sorry.

No, his wife killed him and put him in concrete and burnt his remains (i wonder how she did that after the concrete). She even did social security fraud by bringing a lookalike to the notary. Very bizarre but it is not PB
You are quick!! Even the name you have. :oops::)

No, his wife killed him and put him in concrete and burnt his remains (i wonder how she did that after the concrete). She even did social security fraud by bringing a lookalike to the notary. Very bizarre but it is not PB
I know its not PB. I replied a post of @FromGermany1 about a possible man. You can read her post in my post…

Renewed appeal
In 2009, an unidentified man was found dead on a beach in County Sligo, Ireland. He had previously been staying at a hotel in town where he checked in with the name Peter Bergmann and an address which both proved to be false. Peter, known as Sligo man, had also disposed of his belongings during his trip, avoiding CCTV whilst doing so.

Today, we renew our appeal to the world for any information that may lead to identifying Sligo Man. This baffling case has captured the hearts and minds of those who know about it, and our renewed appeal seeks to spread more awareness and reignite interest in hopes of solving the mystery. Learn more on this case here: Renewed Appeal for 'Sligo Man', also known as 'Peter Bergmann' - Locate International
1691407120066.png1691407154976.png

Renewed appeal
In 2009, an unidentified man was found dead on a beach in County Sligo, Ireland. He had previously been staying at a hotel in town where he checked in with the name Peter Bergmann and an address which both proved to be false. Peter, known as Sligo man, had also disposed of his belongings during his trip, avoiding CCTV whilst doing so.

Today, we renew our appeal to the world for any information that may lead to identifying Sligo Man. This baffling case has captured the hearts and minds of those who know about it, and our renewed appeal seeks to spread more awareness and reignite interest in hopes of solving the mystery. Learn more on this case here: Renewed Appeal for 'Sligo Man', also known as 'Peter Bergmann' - Locate International
View attachment 439502View attachment 439503
Shared on Twitter. (Twitter must be useful for something. ;) )

He could be Swiss or from the German speaking minorities of Belgium and Italy just as well. I wonder if that was checked out. C&A is popular in Germany and Austria but sells allover Europe.

Generally, since he possibly had no immediate family, the chance is slim that anyone would step forward and identify him.

Regarding the address, I don't think it says 'Ainstettersn'. The N would have to be uppercase, and it's different to his other Ns. I think it says 'Amstetterstr' or something similar, str being short for strasse. That would explain why Austrian police were able to identify it as a vacant lot, and the Irish detective also intimates that it's an address that hasn't existed for a long time.

IMO he's a native German speaker, he invents a plausible street address in Vienna, and perhaps he gets lucky by matching with an historic street address. It's possible even that Amstetterstrasse was a real street from his life; there are others, mostly near Stuttgart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back