Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...ription-spotted-on-dublin-beach-36692143.html

After his appearance on Ireland AM last Thursday morning, a man who saw him on the television show drove "for an hour" to get to Ballymount studios to pass on some information to him in person. They met in the TV3 studios, in the presence of two witnesses, he said. The man told him that, six weeks ago, he met a woman on a beach in north Co Dublin who resembled Tina, and who said she was renting accommodation in the area.

Richard said he took the man's details and has given them to gardai.

"It is working when it's done right," he said, referring to impact of his media interviews.

Despite the fact that gardai are digging up a wood, looking for clues as to Tina's disappearance, Richard continues to stay positive, preferring to dwell on the man who drove for an hour to reach him at TV3's Ballymount studios last week, and that she will turn up.
"I will be talking to Tina again," he said.

Strange that RS makes no mention of the exact location of the beach Tina was possibly spotted on. Surely he'd be desperately appealing for people in the area to look out for her? It's almost like he knows she couldn't possibly have been on that beach.

I'm in the middle of studying and so have not had the usual time to spend on this case , but it's very telling that they are searching in an area he is known to have been the day before he claims she went missing . I also think there's alot of circumstantial evidence building here . He strikes me as controlling and in my opinion is doing all he can to paint this woman as a depressed mess when I believe if she was , it was because of him .
All MOO

He is not 'known to have been there'.

He may have driven home via the woods but not necessarily.

The searches are being conducted because of a tip arising from the 2nd last Primetime programme.

If you watch the tV programme or listen to the radio interview from yesterday, he stated she was very much the boss in the house 'she wore the pants'

Right now, we have at least 4 alleged tipoffs from the infamous primetime appeal.. of a person or 2 peoplehaving 'strangely'.

The dogs have clearly turned up nothing and 7 days have passed.

From Kitty's link, above

“I felt sick, I felt sick . . . that they should find it funny and make a joke out of the predicament that I find myself in over Tina’s disappearance,” he told TV3.

Asked if he wanted to see the two officers disciplined, Mr Satchwell said that was not an easy question to answer because “if they had drink taken, they were not in control”.

However, he said he would like each officer to write to him and apologise for their actions.

Once again, it's all about him.

From Kitty's link, above

“I felt sick, I felt sick . . . that they should find it funny and make a joke out of the predicament that I find myself in over Tina’s disappearance,” he told TV3.

Asked if he wanted to see the two officers disciplined, Mr Satchwell said that was not an easy question to answer because “if they had drink taken, they were not in control”.

However, he said he would like each officer to write to him and apologise for their actions.

Once again, it's all about him.

Exactly. Why wasn't he grateful that someone was highlighting that she was missing? Why did he think it was all a joke? It's all about him and not about Tina which is very worrying. His over reaction to this incident is quite telling.

Exactly. Why wasn't he grateful that someone was highlighting that she was missing? Why did he think it was all a joke? It's all about him and not about Tina which is very worrying. His over reaction to this incident is quite telling.
It wasn't done in a genuine concerned manner.

It was 2 blokes on a boozy night out, thinking it was funny and also, I imagine not thinking that it would be shared as widely it was.

So, I disagree, if it were my loved one missing, I would not be too 'grateful' either.

As for much being 'all about him' ... I guess it is really in a way.
He's the one left behind (as there's so far nothing pointing to him being guilty of anything he can only be assumed innocent)

If my loved one disappeared, leaving me copping the flack from everyone, being accused of all kinds ... I'd not be happy but, you're not allowed to say 'I'm mad as hell that *loved one* has put me in this position' because ... then people will use that against you ...

It would be invaluable to hear from friends, family if the couple ...

He is not 'known to have been there'.

He may have driven home via the woods but not necessarily.

The searches are being conducted because of a tip arising from the 2nd last Primetime programme.

If you watch the tV programme or listen to the radio interview from yesterday, he stated she was very much the boss in the house 'she wore the pants'

Right now, we have at least 4 alleged tipoffs from the infamous primetime appeal.. of a person or 2 peoplehaving 'strangely'.

The dogs have clearly turned up nothing and 7 days have passed.

They have found items today http://www.thejournal.ie/satchwell-search-3898951-Mar2018/

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...na-satchwell-as-credible-source-36695109.html

Another interview today , apologies if posted already :http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/12th-march-2018/

ETA :Started round the 14 minute mark ...once again he has no words from Tina when asked about the evening before , just what they would "usually " of done. Everything's so vague . This is so obvious is my opinion .
Thanks for link and for timing it too, saves lots of time.

Though this interview raised a small red flag for me- the reference to trophy wife and his willingness to buy her even 'sexy' clothes... because it made 'him' look good is inference.

Remember he is the only one being questioned and he is asked about himself, his responses, his memories. he is also the ONLY person being questioned, although she knew and was known by thousands of people.

everybody thinks he is guilty and nobody is asking questions about somebody else's possible involvement in her disappearance.

- She was gregarious, outspoken, volatile generous and friendly, acc to his testimony..
How likely is it that she told somebody else about the cash stash, half of which she owned, in any case..? I think it's not only possible, but likely in these recession times.. she knew she had access to that cash at any time.

Yet, she had large catalogue clothes bills which she apparently did not pay.. It is unclear whether there was a threat of legal action or debt collection in relation to these debts.
It is also unclear whether he was fully aware of the extent of her debt- she was , by all reports, running the home which would include bill paying and mail receipt, I would imagine.

-Going back to the weekend in question- a bank holiday weekend, strangers in town as Youghal is a resort, not as big as it used to be in years gone by but still a 'venue' for a celebratory weekend. It is possible she arranged to meet one of these irregular visitors and sent Richard on errands in order to meet the person. We do not have her social media records or access to her phone records and there is no confirmation or suggestion anywhere that such an arranged meeting ever took place.
But, it's a possibility.
-It is possible that a relative called unexpectedly or by arrangement, knew about the money and took it and then persuaded her to leave the house on the pretext of a walk in the woods or to show her something, or, or or....

It is possible a robbery took place and she was killed while trying to resist.
-I think it unlikely that she is still alive, but it's possible.

-Whereas I agree that there are a number of anomalies in his story, the missing suitcases is a biggie..
-The house keys in the floor, seem strange, but could possibly be the act of a lover whisking her away..her phone was not on the floor, though..

I think we do need to look carefully at the Garda anomalies.
-The delay in searching his car- the total absence of forensic examination of her car.
-The delay in conducting the house search when an early search would elicit info regarding the quantities of dog or parrot feed in the house and the necessity of going for more on the Monday- again, could indicate she wanted him out of the house for some reason for a period of a few hours, or that he was lying.

I believe these anomalies as well as current Garda scandals in Ireland currently taking place may have spurned this search.

First thing they should have done was to search that house, at least.

Now I have found discussions on Tina on several Irish discussion forums, boards, politics, reddit, pRC.. and the discussion is the same- most blame him, a minority agree he is not the brightest , possibly intellectually challenged and incapable of maintaining a lie for this length of time..

I do not know what happened to Tina.. I have no idea but there are too many possibilities outside of her husband as perpetrator and they are not being sufficiently explored..

It was 2 blokes on a boozy night out, thinking it was funny and also, I imagine not thinking that it would be shared as widely it was.

So, I disagree, if it were my loved one missing, I would not be too 'grateful' either.

He's the one left behind (as there's so far nothing pointing to him being guilty of anything he can only be assumed innocent)

If my loved one disappeared, leaving me copping the flack from everyone, being accused of all kinds ... I'd not be happy but, you're not allowed to say 'I'm mad as hell that *loved one* has put me in this position' because ... then people will use that against you ...

I agree. It was a disgraceful thing to do.. they are being disciplined and I agree it was not their intention for it to be circulated quite so widely.

It was cruel and completely unprofessional. I suspect they may well lose their jobs because of it. It is also possibly an element that led to current search..as well as Disclosures Tribunal.. and so many apparent failures by police to execute search warrants in a timely manner or not at all, in the case of the car!!

These anomalies amount to negligence, almost.. did they assume from the outset that she had suicided?

If so, what has changed?

We know absolutely zilch about this case, the whole lot of which can be summarised in a single sentence
When he returned from shopping errands, she was not at home and has not been seen since.

That's it, isn't it?

It was a darts match. I think it was a very stupid thing to do but I don't believe it was malicious. His reaction to it is odd, surely you'd want all the publicity possible if your loved one is missing?

If your loved one vansihed I doubt you'd wait four days to report it.

I think her family are keeping a dignified silence at the moment. I'm sure we will hear from them again in time.

It was a darts match. I think it was a very stupid thing to do but I don't believe it was malicious. His reaction to it is odd, surely you'd want all the publicity possible if your loved one is missing?

If your loved one vansihed I doubt you'd wait four days to report it.

I think her family are keeping a dignified silence at the moment. I'm sure we will hear from them again in time.

There's nothing to suggest we will ever hear anything from her family.

To make a mockery of a missing person is a pretty serious thing to do from a member of the investigating force, though they were not personally involved in the case.

He could sue them and would be within his rights to do so as it suggests they are not taking the case seriously. The only odd thing about his reaction is it's mildness.. he just wants an apology.

The waiting the 4 days has been explained a million times, by him.
One can accept his explanation or not.

Recall her problems allegedly stemmed from matters that arose in her own family, 2006, 2010, 2012.. ref redfm interview today, again.

We know her brother suicided one year but we have no idea what he is referring to in relation to the other dates.

There's nothing to suggest we will ever hear anything from her family.

To make a mockery of a missing person is a pretty serious thing to do from a member of the investigating force, though they were not personally involved in the case.

He could sue them and would be within his rights to do so as it suggests they are not taking the case seriously. The only odd thing about his reaction is it's mildness.. he just wants an apology.

The waiting the 4 days has been explained a million times, by him.
One can accept his explanation or not.

Recall her problems allegedly stemmed from matters that arose in her own family, 2006, 2010, 2012.. ref redfm interview today, again.

We know her brother suicided one year but we have no idea what he is referring to in relation to the other dates.

Her family have spoken before, I think theyre not saying much at the moment because they might have the same opinion as me so it's best for them to stay quiet until a breakthrough of some sort happens.

I can't see how highlighting a missing person at a social event is making a mockery of them? And what law could he use to sue them exactly? Anyway if RS wants to sue anyone he'd have much more success from various comments on social media because some are rather libellous.

I've watched the radio interview from today and it's highlighted even more red flags, Tina used to hit RD which suggests all was not rosy. Also he has now changed his story about where the money has come from - only some of it was from the house and the rest was money from boot sales. Given Tina's hoarding and catalogue debt I'd guess the 26k never actually existed but it's a handy story for someone to explain how she is managing for money after "running away".

Her family have spoken before, I think theyre not saying much at the moment because they might have the same opinion as me so it's best for them to stay quiet until a breakthrough of some sort happens.

I can't see how highlighting a missing person at a social event is making a mockery of them? And what law could he use to sue them exactly? Anyway if RS wants to sue anyone he'd have much more success from various comments on social media because some are rather libellous.

I've watched the radio interview from today and it's highlighted even more red flags, Tina used to hit RD which suggests all was not rosy. Also he has now changed his story about where the money has come from - only some of it was from the house and the rest was money from boot sales. Given Tina's hoarding and catalogue debt I'd guess the 26k never actually existed but it's a handy story for someone to explain how she is managing for money after "running away".
Her family have most definitely spoken and several comments on social media are purportedly from her family.. including the facebook page set up by the family.
They are very clear about their beliefs but they provide no evidence for them.
That does not make him guilty though.
An Garda Siochana sign an oath.
They are not free to behave disrespectfully to victims of crime, which RS is still at this stage. The Garda Ombudsman was set up specifically to deal with unprofessional and criminal behaviour within the Gardai.
Re your point regarding the money being a handy point to explain a disappearance, It's a possibility for sure.

Apart from the 4 day delay, what is it you are seeing that convinces you he is guilty?

Apart from the 4 day delay, what is it you are seeing that convinces you he is guilty?

I've never directly pointed the finger at him, lets just say I feel there are some very strange things with this case. Here is a list:

The Gardai statements and family statements about the case

The massive amount of resources put into the searches of Youghall and the forest

Bizzare details - lighting candles in the church for dead parrots for example

Selling the car

Refusing to take a lie detector test

Lack of emotion

Moaning about the media

Changing story about the money

I've never directly pointed the finger at him, lets just say I feel there are some very strange things with this case. Here is a list:

The Gardai statements and family statements about the case

The massive amount of resources put into the searches of Youghall and the forest

Bizzare details - lighting candles in the church for dead parrots for example

Selling the car

Refusing to take a lie detector test

Lack of emotion

Moaning about the media

Changing story about the money
He cannot take a lie detector test while on medication- he is receiving tranquilisers and anti depressants which suppress. I think medication also account for his lack of emotion, though I have seen him cry in several interviews.
He has a second car so he never needed two..

The money story did not actually change, just was probed more closely.

In a redfm interview dated june 27, he stated her family had no contact with them, they were, in effect, alone in the world, just the two of them. Now, while I can accept this as a delusion he holds dear, it is also possible it is something they both believed. Or just one of them believed, or wishful thinking on his part..

Here's link to that interview http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/june-29th-2017/

The parrot-candle is credible to an animal lover.
What was it about the wording of the police statements that makes you wary?

( I do think they believe him guilty, btw, but I'm not sure)

Thanks for answering all my questions. i agree that amount of a cash accumulation does seem unlikely from the proceeds of carboot sales where things are usually sold for very very little money indeed and they had to buy in order to sell..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean
Back