Is George okay?

I feel badly for George in that his granddaughter is most likely dead.. and she is/was such a precious little thing, that how could he not miss her and cry for her? On the other hand, it makes it doubly hard if he is somehow helping his daughter cover up for something that she may have done. He doesn't want to lose his daughter, either. So he may feel loyalty to her, while dying inside at the loss of a beautiful grandchild. That has to be awful.

Poor George. I almost cried watching that altercation with the little punk who kept baiting him. That was just plain wrong. The mob needs to stay away. All of the signs and chants are lost on the person to whom they're directed because she's an emotional iceberg. None of that fazes her. There are others to consider, though, first and foremost the gp's.

I confess, it's been tough for me to maintain compassion for them. They just don't evoke sympathy in most of us because their behavior is so damn atypical. It was a relief to see George show genuine emotion yesterday. Now, Cindy, well...:scream::scream: I have to remind myself often that they are a family in crisis, and have been for quite a long time. Caylee was more than a precious little girl. For this family she was the one shining ray of hope that made life worth living. And now that light has been extinguished, snuffed out at the hands of their own daughter. I've survived many tragic events, moreso than most, but I can't imagine that pain.

I'm not totally convinced that GA, in a state of shock, didn't play some part in a cover up to protect Casey :rolleyes: and to some extent, Cindy. If so, he made a terrible mistake in judgment. But he's suffering now and will suffer for the rest of his life. My heart goes out to him.

I feel badly for George in that his granddaughter is most likely dead.. and she is/was such a precious little thing, that how could he not miss her and cry for her? On the other hand, it makes it doubly hard if he is somehow helping his daughter cover up for something that she may have done. He doesn't want to lose his daughter, either. So he may feel loyalty to her, while dying inside at the loss of a beautiful grandchild. That has to be awful.

It really must be awful, I agree with you......I think if George had his way, he WOULD be pushing Casey to spill her guts, but it seems as if Cindy rules the roost in that family, I am sure George has been tempering down his feelings for years now, and with his LE background, he KNOWS that it's all falling down around his daughter.
That being said, eventually these parents HAVE to get their head outta the sand and face the truth, I think it will be easier for George than it will for Cindy, she is riding the "deny deny deny" Peterson train of thought, perhaps all this denial is the only coping mechanism they can deal with at this point...

Did I read somewhere in this thread that Cindy was arrested last night as well?

I think , Cindy, like most mothers do--just can't 'leave' her daughter ;her daughter is very sick .

I am guilty of being glad Casey was going back to jail tonight-- even did a happy dance-- but to stoop to being cruel , nasty and mean and yelling out vulgar names and screaming at her outside her house as the crowd did tonight-- was stupid and pointless.
I was shock Cindy came out with Baez to speak.,..i think she should try and avoid media.
ITA, perhaps now that Casey has returned to the slammer the protesters will back off.

Hello everyone I am a new to this sight. I think George knows deep down what happened to his beautiful granddaughter. Him doing yard work and going back to work may just be his way of coping and escaping the drama at that house. I really feel Cindy will defend Casey to the end. This must be awful for him.

I'm worried about George, too. Casey needs to come clean and end this ordeal before it ends up giving him (or Cindy) a heart attack.

I was wondering the same thing because I noticed the last few times they showed Cindy (in front of the house hammering the No Trespassing signs) etc., he was absent. I hope he's ok...maybe he realizes the truth now about his daughter & is coming to the reality that his beautiful little grandaughter is most likely dead. I feel for this man. Cindy is in for one BIG rude awakening!

Has anyone heard George Anthony actually say Caylee's name? In the interviews that I had seen early in the investigation, he had called her "A little girl missing" It recent interviews I have heard him say my "grandaughter". Does he ever say "Caylee"?
Also George Anthony remembers what Casey and Caylee had on 31 days before Caylee was missing to what he saw them wearing. Can anyone on Websleuths remember what your daughter, granddaughter, or even yourself was wearing 31 days ago? I think this is odd.

Maybe he remembers b/c it was the last time he saw them before all of this, so what they were wearing sticks out in his mind.

I know Bessie--as angry as I am that the Anthonys keep believing Caseys balony, I did feel so bad for him. People are getting out of hand with this--the protests, the standing in front of their house... Although what Casey has done is abhorrable, and she should pay for her crimes, she did not perpetuate crimes against the public as a whole and this whole protest circus is unwarranted. People are becoming vigilantes and are escalating this situation further. If you want to volunteer to search for Caylee and help, that is one thing, but to actively harrass the family is out of line...JMO

Poor George. I almost cried watching that altercation with the little punk who kept baiting him. That was just plain wrong. The mob needs to stay away. All of the signs and chants are lost on the person to whom they're directed because she's an emotional iceberg. None of that fazes her. There are others to consider, though, first and foremost the gp's.

I confess, it's been tough for me to maintain compassion for them. They just don't evoke sympathy in most of us because their behavior is so damn atypical. It was a relief to see George show genuine emotion yesterday. Now, Cindy, well...:scream::scream: I have to remind myself often that they are a family in crisis, and have been for quite a long time. Caylee was more than a precious little girl. For this family she was the one shining ray of hope that made life worth living. And now that light has been extinguished, snuffed out at the hands of their own daughter. I've survived many tragic events, moreso than most, but I can't imagine that pain.

I'm not totally convinced that GA, in a state of shock, didn't play some part in a cover up to protect Casey :rolleyes: and to some extent, Cindy. If so, he made a terrible mistake in judgment. But he's suffering now and will suffer for the rest of his life. My heart goes out to him.

Has anyone heard George Anthony actually say Caylee's name? In the interviews that I had seen early in the investigation, he had called her "A little girl missing" It recent interviews I have heard him say my "grandaughter". Does he ever say "Caylee"?
Also George Anthony remembers what Casey and Caylee had on 31 days before Caylee was missing to what he saw them wearing. Can anyone on Websleuths remember what your daughter, granddaughter, or even yourself was wearing 31 days ago? I think this is odd.
I think if details are important we can all press ourselves to remember many things. If I was a part of an investigation to find a missing loved one, I would think long and hard about the last time I saw them and try to come up with as many details as humanly possible. Yet, when George does that very thing he is thought to sound guilty for remembering.. If he said he could not remember anything from that day, people would be on him for not cooperating.
This poor guy cannot win for losing.

I am so sorry for you George.

Hi, I'm new here too, although I've been reading here since the very beginning of this case. Did anyone else notice when George had his fit yesterday, that he was not wearing a Caylee t-shirt? I haven't seen them in anything but Caylee t-shirts since the very beginning. Interesting time to decide to stop wearing one, in light of the lab tests that are coming back. I think he has a little more trouble wearing his than Cindy and Casey do, especially now.

But she was not reported missing that day. If she was I could understand how he would remember what they were wearing. He knew 31 days later that she was missing. Did Casey maybe tell the parents what she was wearing? How did they (Casey, George, Cindy)also remember June 9th as reported the day Caylee was missing? They had to converse with one another to pick that date out. This was not the date.
Maybe he remembers b/c it was the last time he saw them before all of this, so what they were wearing sticks out in his mind.

Interesting...or maybe it was Caseys turn to do the laundry? :crazy:
Hi, I'm new here too, although I've been reading here since the very beginning of this case. Did anyone else notice when George had his fit yesterday, that he was not wearing a Caylee t-shirt? I haven't seen them in anything but Caylee t-shirts since the very beginning. Interesting time to decide to stop wearing one, in light of the lab tests that are coming back. I think he has a little more trouble wearing his than Cindy and Casey do, especially now.

I am totally against protesters in front of the Anthony's home. I also think the Anthony's should not be talking or seeking after the media.

What he said was really sad. :( There is definitely major denial going on there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back