Is JB qualified to represent someone accused of murder?

Is JB a competent defense attorney involving murder?

• JB has done a GOOD job of representing CA

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • JB has done a POOR job of representing CA

Votes: 240 80.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 41 13.8%

• Total voters
It does make you wonder, if there is a major financial donor to the Defense team why are they still enabling JB? He can still be on the team but you'd expect him to be shuffled to one side, out of harm's way. There are so many more credible players who can represent KC and talk eloquently -- why leave JB in place?

I do agree that JB isn't doing the best job, nor is he the most qualified at dealing with a case of this magnitude. Though I think any lawyer would be having a hard time with this case. Just look at what his client and her family have given him to work with. If they would have kept their traps shut from the beginning he would have a better chance at setting up a possibly passable defense, but since everyone involved in this mess has yet to meet a camera that they didn't like, it makes his job that much more difficult.

I can honestly say that I don't envy the task that he has ahead of him, and I have to say that I agree with Garagose (sp?) that this case is completely unwinnable.. which of course for our little angel Caylee is a GOOD thing!

Interesting that less than 2% of respondents think JB is doing a good job.

If the court finds the same on a possible appeal if found guilty ... she may get a new trial.

How ironic ... maybe this is a good strategy.

My thoughts exactly. At first glance, it seems that his ineptness will get KC put away forever and thats what we want...but when you think harder about it, this is the worst possible person to represent KC-she could sue for being poorly represented. Any attys. out there to shed some light?

JB is a horrible attorney...which, in this case, makes him the perfect attorney.

and this is why I think he's doing a top-notch job for CA...hope he stays on and in charge.

that's alright with me....

I actually voted for "I'm not sure". Consider whom he represents. I wonder if behind closed doors he sits back and says, "Whew she is nuts! Where is my Advil?" I mean what if she sits in private with him telling him the great nanny tales over and over and he can't possibly believe it. She might be like GA and CA and ignore counsel's advice. What if he is following his client's story to a T which makes him seem as irrational as she is. I mean at one time there was that thought of the immunity deal with actual correspondence going back and forth which finally stopped. Maybe that was her idea.

Maybe in the book deal/movie we will find he thinks she is a dingbat.

The question was: Is JB a competent defense attorney involving murder? I do not see a yes or no answer, but I vote NO.

JB has done nothing or said nothing to impress me in the least. So far, JB has done nothing but anger me with his words and actions.

He has no real murder trials under his belt. LKB is the one who will probably run that defense at trial and will annoy the h3ll out of everyone. My southern ears cannot listen as fast as she talks! This is going to be another 'trial of the century' and JB, IMO, does not have the experience to handle it.

I want Casey to do LWOP, not get off on a technicality!

So far all he had done is whine and throw the authoritys under the bus. What happens in the court room is what counts. Also there won't be any appeals about Lawyers because she has a better team than anyone in her perdictament has ever had as far as I'm concerned. When has a mother that killed her baby ever had a dream team?

I find it very interesting that given both the Polls involving the legal representation of both the GP's and CA:

None of the parties (GP or CA) has a good public image yet there is a very positive response involving Mr. Conway and the opposite for JB.

So can public opinion be driven by less spin and more frankness and if this is the case has he really harmed her case?

Thoughts?

I think his given position and the a's listening to him....has helped his cause...I betcha if suddenly ca got unleashed....whoooooooa....think it would sway....jmo on that one! I also think it could change if they start suing up a storm since they are "grief" stricken at this point----I still question all the legal reps.....not totally sold on any of them...but anyone who could contain ca.....:clap: (this is in reference to BC)

as for jb--GRANDSTANDING seems to be what he represents--don't like the whinning....

Is JB qualified to represent someone of Murder? Yes, although I am not thrilled with some of his tactics, but as a defense attorney it is their job to bring on "reasonable doubt" in everyones minds.

Is JB a competent defense attorney involving murder? Haven't see him in a trial; just motion hearings and related issues etc., so I have to wait to see JB in action when the trial begins.

Poll choices: JB has done a good job in representing Casey. YES, as JB has managed to bring into the case some very high profile attorneys.

I'll revisit this thread once the trial begins. :)

I think he has failed his client from "day 1" (day 31 really). Based on the lying and the not reporting to police he should have advised his client to take a plea a long time ago...she could have gotten off with a few years in Jail. He has advised her wrong IMHO.

I think he has failed his client from "day 1" (day 31 really). Based on the lying and the not reporting to police he should have advised his client to take a plea a long time ago...she could have gotten off with a few years in Jail. He has advised her wrong IMHO.

Maybe he did advise KC to take a plea deal and she didn't want to do it. KC is running this show.

He is the PERFECT lawyer for KC.

I guess someone was smiling down on the day KC picked him...

Regardless of actual guilt, everyone whom is accused of a crime deserves qualified legal representation. So my question is …. Regardless of if CA actually murdered Caylee has she been properly represented by a competent attorney?

yes. there are many people who believe the dream team he has assembled stand as good a chance as any to help KC. Count me as one of them.

JB defended someone accused of killing a child just as this case was starting - in fact he was late to court one day because he was 'conferring with Casey'. The defendent was convicted. It would be very interesting to read the transcript of that trial and try and gauge whether or not JB did a decent job.

For an appeal for incompetent representation, there has to be some serious errors on the part of the defense attorney, not just saying the attorney was in 'idiot' or 'dumb' or 'didn't do a good job'. I remember a case reported in the news somewhere (not here in FL, I think)where the defense attorney fell asleep during the trial!! Now there was a good reason for appeal.

Whether he 'gathered' the defense team or they called and offered would be interesting to know. the one thing we have to remember about his experts is they may look at the evidence and decide that yeah, she did it! There is no guarantee they are going to come out on the defense's side. Now wouldn't that be lovely??

I think that he thinks he's a good attorney and can handle the case. :waitasec: He really needs to stick to DUI and shop lifting offenders. That being said, if his incompetence leads to Casey's conviction....rock on!

I think that he thinks he's a good attorney and can handle the case. :waitasec: He really needs to stick to DUI and shop lifting offenders. That being said, if his incompetence leads to Casey's conviction....rock on!

Oh I agree.
Go on JB,go on :Banane14:

I too voted "I'm not sure". He has managed to somehow attract some very high profile defense experts to his "team". How did that happen? Perhaps if he had seemed more competent during his public appearances this would not have happened. So in that sense, he has been quite effective.

Regarding "telling him the truth", it is my understanding that defense attorneys DON'T WANT guilty clients to tell them they are actually guilty of the crime because the attorney is an officer of the court. A confession of guilt to a defense attorney would put the defense attorney in a very bad position, both etchically and legally.

By the way, I would like to hear more about this concept from anyone who has a legal background. What does happen in a case where the client would confess to the murder to the defense attorney before trial?

Wasn't there talk of this during the time prior to Danielle Van Dam's body being found? It came out that Westerfield's attorney was IN A MEETING working on a plea deal based on Westerfield providing police the location of the body when it was announced that searchers had found her body.

As I recall there was criticism of his attorney for continuing to represent Westerfield after that.

I too voted "I'm not sure". He has managed to somehow attract some very high profile defense experts to his "team". How did that happen? Perhaps if he had seemed more competent during his public appearances this would not have happened. So in that sense, he has been quite effective.

Regarding "telling him the truth", it is my understanding that defense attorneys DON'T WANT guilty clients to tell them they are actually guilty of the crime because the attorney is an officer of the court. A confession of guilt to a defense attorney would put the defense attorney in a very bad position, both etchically and legally.

By the way, I would like to hear more about this concept from anyone who has a legal background. What does happen in a case where the client would confess to the murder to the defense attorney before trial?

Wasn't there talk of this during the time prior to Danielle Van Dam's body being found? It came out that Westerfield's attorney was IN A MEETING working on a plea deal based on Westerfield providing police the location of the body when it was announced that searchers had found her body.

As I recall there was criticism of his attorney for continuing to represent Westerfield after that.

The case itself attracted those defence experts not JB IMO.
Am tired and sick of them anyway,whenever it's a high profile case they wanna be on the stand or should I say on TV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back