Is MJD Tawni Lee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even begin to imagine what Tawni's brother felt like when he found her on this web site. I am sure the whole family is in disbelief that she has finally been found. How sad it had to be in this way. I will never forget Tawni She became a big part of my life. Every day I would try to think of a something new that would help us identify her. She will be in my heart forever.

It has been confirmed that MJD is indeed my sweet niece... This is going to be short as it is a hard time for us.... But I believe you all deserveto know her real name... It was because of you we are able to bring her home.. Thank you all for loving her in our absense..... No words can describe what you all mean to us, especially Believe and Christine.... When I am in a better state of mind, I will leave contact info...

Thank you all again and god bless

You and your family are in my prayers. May your darling niece rest in peace forever.

I can't get over the absolute likeness of the generated picture that one of the websleuths did with Tawni's pic. I mean, you took a morgue picture with her eyes closed and all of that and brought Tawni to life, and the resemblance.....just in awe of your talents!

It shows how AMAZING all of you guys are.

(referring to http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/christine2448/maricopabothgf1.jpg)

I hope Tawni's story will inspire others to help the identities of this world's Jane and John Doe's. What a bittersweet ending.
Someone should let Michelle at Truecrimediary.com know about this. I recall did a write about about the Maricopa Jane Doe not too long ago.

I can't get over the absolute likeness of the generated picture that one of the websleuths did with Tawni's pic. I mean, you took a morgue picture with her eyes closed and all of that and brought Tawni to life, and the resemblance.....just in awe of your talents!

It shows how AMAZING all of you guys are.

(referring to http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/christine2448/maricopabothgf1.jpg)

That was the one created by Angie, I believe. It was also the one that eyewitness Shaine said was the closest match to Tawni in real life (I agree 100% now).

GREAT JOB!

"Do Not Stand and Weep" by Anonymous
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that swiftly blow.
I am the diamond glint on newly fallen snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the soft and gentle autumn rain.
When you wake from sleep in the early morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.

I will ALWAYS remember Tawni.

I wonder if Ateempt to Identify Knows yet here is a link

I think her family would be comforted to see the pics at this link that show how they went out and put a Cross/Memorial at the side of the road and they took pics of the beautiful sunset that day.....

http://www.attempttoidentify.com/NewInfo.htm

I hadn't followed this case but saw the bulletin and wanted to check in.

WAY TO GO to all of the WSers who worked on this case. What an amazing job you have done. Bless you all.

And to Tawni's family, bless you as well. I'm sorry you lost your precious girl but I'm glad you are able to bring her home and no longer have to wonder where she is.

Websleuths. Changing lives and making a difference. What an amazing place.

I am hoping that we can take down all of the horrifying photos that were used to try and identify Tawni for all of this time. I understand that was all you had to go by, but now that she has been identified, let's replace them with photos of her life.

Good idea, Kerry (re: removing the death photos).

Wow, was she ever beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see more of her. A young life cut short too early.

Beautiful pictures, beautiful girl, beautiful family. What a tragedy. At least she can go home now.

Wow! I did not post on this thread except for a couple times but I kept up with it. I am just shocked and speechless. Congratulations WSleuthers! To see all of your hard work come to fruition like this most be deeply gratifying and special. Now Tawni can go home to her family where she belongs.

My thoughts and prayaers are with Tawnee's mother and family. Have strength, have wisdom, have eachother.

Thank you so much, Kerry. I know many of us have been haunted by the only photos we had to work with for a long time. It is so wonderful to see Tawni as she was in life. My heart goes out to you and your family, and hope you can find some measure of comfort in knowing that many of us have been watching over her and carrying her in our hearts until she found her way back to you.

Thank you Kerry for sharing these with us! It looks like the two of you were very close. I'm sorry this happened to you and your family!

Thank you so much Kerry for sharing these pictures with us. It is so great to see her in life. She looked like such a vibrant, beautiful girl. I am so sorry for you and your family.

It is my opinion, that ANY Missing person, reguardless of age, race, past history of running away, drug abuse, etc. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who goes missing should have a LEGITIMATE police report filed.
If LE determines that the person is a runaway and an investigation should not ensue, or if the info is not released to the public, well, that's a different story (whether I agree, or not).

But I see absolutely NO REASON, for ANY missing person, EVER, ANYWHERE, to NOT be listed as missing with LE. There are far TOO MANY UID's out there waiting for someone to give them a name. Tawni should have been linked to a missing persons report right away after she was found. Almost no time or money would have been lost in filing an official report when Tawni went missing. But A LOT of time and money would have been saved in identifying her. Filing a report for every missing person, reguardless of details and circumstance would be beneficial to Law Enforcement, government funds, the missing, families of the missing, and our communities as a whole. The only people I could see this not benefiting, is criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500