Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer?

just a thought but when i look at this

St. Charles Parish, La..........2006 criminal battery & boxing (11/18/2006 @ Cut Off Youth Center, Cut Off, La.)

Mount Pleasant..................2008 assault daughter

Mount Pleasant ................ Christmas 2009

it seems the NOV DEC and will stretch it to the JAN FEB months moreso the NOV DEC ones might be the first months to look

whoa, whoa, whoa! what are you saying!??? Are her crimes all in the winter months???

This is kind of off topic, but have you guys seen the sneak peek for Beyond Scared Straight on A&E? It shows the kids going into a room with an inmate who kind of looks like Mona (but she has tattoos all over her face). She tells them that everyone calls her Diabla (little devil). She then goes on to say how she didn't like drive-by shootings, she liked to watch her victims die. It's creepy as all get-out. Anyway, it's kind of an insight into the prison world for women and perhaps might give some insight into Mona's mind and/or experiences too.

some tattoos can look real and be fake..........henna based..........cheaper

whoa, whoa, whoa! what are you saying!??? Are her crimes all in the winter months???

I honestly have no idea when or if other crimes have been committed i just found it interesting that it seemed around the xmas season there might be a pattern and it was just a thought as i had posted

Interesting, a lot of serial killers and sadistic criminals do tend to follow a pattern of behavior. There could very well be something about the holidays that is a trigger for her.

I not sure if she a serial killer.... but she killer of a young child. I don't know if she killed other children but pretty sure she killed others. there a lot to be learn from this monster.

I still waiting for motive....

I still concern about Jevon Tyrell Jones missing from Hoston in June

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107640"]TX TX - Jevon Tyrell Jones - 12 years old - Houston - 23 June 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Have created a Google spreadsheet which lists all known MN crimes, dates and places thus far.

It is setup so anybody can edit the spreadsheet to add/modify or to expand the information. When the google screen comes up click "open" and it will open the spreadsheet for you.

This way we can easily collaborate on collecting and keeping the information up to date regardless of where we are (the world is getting smaller isn't it?).

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx...OTA2ZTQ1YmM0YTBj&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

ETA: Have a little bit of work to do to open this up to everyone to update - bear with me.

I'm not sure MN is a serial killer but if she's guilty of this crime, as I believe she is, then I do think she's capable of anything. I've read all the threads on Jonathan, but I have not completely caught up on this one so apologies if I repeat something already posted.

LE found "a wealth of evidence" implicating MN in Jonathan's murder. I also interpreted what they said about MN possibly committing other such crimes to mean they may have found something else.

I've read some serial killers will keep something belonging to their victims. It was noted Jonathan had a stuffed cat which was missing. Possibly this is something MN intended to keep. The other thought I had involves MN's personality. She does seem to like attention with an intense, possibly impulsive, maybe even over the top personality. I wonder if she may have kept news clippings of other crimes. Perhaps that would cause LE to question if she could have been involved in those. But we don't know what LE found in her apartment.

FWIW, I do see a real similarity between MN & the Lane Bryant killer's sketch.

Sorry for my rambling. Just having a hard time getting my head around this. If there's a possibility MN can be identified as the perp in some cold cases, I think it's worth a look.

All JMHO

I don't know what to think but thank you to everyone who is sharing info on this thread :) I'm not talented enough to find info. like this!

Probably NOT related, but worth looking at. A burned body was found in a trash can in Houston 5/21/10. They have arrested a guy named Robert Ellis Hinton II, 26, of the 23300 block of Stoneshire for "Abuse of a Corpse", but I can't find where they ever identified the body. Someone else currently in prison told them where to go find the body. That all seems strange to me, if they don't know who the body belonged to! Does anyone local remember this case??

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7020072.html

Probably NOT related, but worth looking at. A burned body was found in a trash can in Houston 5/21/10. They have arrested a guy named Robert Ellis Hinton II, 26, of the 23300 block of Stoneshire for "Abuse of a Corpse", but I can't find where they ever identified the body. Someone else currently in prison told them where to go find the body. That all seems strange to me, if they don't know who the body belonged to! Does anyone local remember this case??

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7020072.html

I do remember that case - I remember them thinking that it was Ali Lowitzer at first. I do not recall if they ever publicly ID'd the body. From what I gather, it was not Ali, as she is still listed as missing.

I do remember that case - I remember them thinking that it was Ali Lowitzer at first. I do not recall if they ever publicly ID'd the body. From what I gather, it was not Ali, as she is still listed as missing.

I can't find anything about follow-up in that case. I have emailed the reporter from the newspaper article and will let you know if I hear anything back.

I can't find anything about follow-up in that case. I have emailed the reporter from the newspaper article and will let you know if I hear anything back.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...ney-woman-killed-with-hammer-knife-729467.php

The man charged with murder for the slaying of a New Caney woman whose burned body was discovered in May is accused of bashing her in the head with a hammer and cutting her throat with a knife before setting her body on fire, Montgomery County court records show.
Robert Ellis Hinton II also is charged with abuse of a corpse without legal authority for burning the remains of Deborah Applegate, a 46-year-old disabled widow and a mother of three.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...ed-with-hammer-knife-729467.php#ixzz19wiPAZZ4

Also:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7099635.html

So there is not information on MN's activities after she spent Christmas with family in 2009? We don't have anything in 2010 until she murdered Jonathan?

Just wondering about 2010 cases, if we are confined to Texas or if we have anything to say she traveled out of state.

She seems to be on the map and then off the map. That bugs me.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...ney-woman-killed-with-hammer-knife-729467.php

The man charged with murder for the slaying of a New Caney woman whose burned body was discovered in May is accused of bashing her in the head with a hammer and cutting her throat with a knife before setting her body on fire, Montgomery County court records show.
Robert Ellis Hinton II also is charged with abuse of a corpse without legal authority for burning the remains of Deborah Applegate, a 46-year-old disabled widow and a mother of three.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...ed-with-hammer-knife-729467.php#ixzz19wiPAZZ4

Also:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7099635.html

Thanks Teh! That is a horrible story also!!! Good lord, we live in a world filled with crazy, evil people - and drugs. :sick:

ok sorry u guys I was on vacation.

If MN is the person I've met before I surely remember her. She had a voice kinda like a man. Husky and raspy like she had a sore throat. I can remember her not talking much. She acted tough and she was for sure gay. She sure didnt seem crazy at all. She did have a sense of humor that liked to make fun of people and kinda bragged a bit. Intelligent for sure. she liked to hang with the young crowd. I do remember her offering a friend to beat someone up for him, like his ex gf. she cheated on him and he was upset.

I wonder if she has any known nicknames or other names she went by? I didnt know her as mona, but remember her last name as nelson and having two kids.

ok sorry u guys I was on vacation.

If MN is the person I've met before I surely remember her. She had a voice kinda like a man. Husky and raspy like she had a sore throat. I can remember her not talking much. She acted tough and she was for sure gay. She sure didnt seem crazy at all. She did have a sense of humor that liked to make fun of people and kinda bragged a bit. Intelligent for sure. she liked to hang with the young crowd. I do remember her offering a friend to beat someone up for him, like his ex gf. she cheated on him and he was upset.

I wonder if she has any known nicknames or other names she went by? I didnt know her as mona, but remember her last name as nelson and having two kids.
From the very beginning, I've felt like I might've met MN in the past. There's something familiar about her. More likely, it's something about her that reminds me of other individuals I've known. Your description fits the profile I have in mind.

I took a look at her FB and MS pages last night. Most of her friends are in their 20's.

I don't think she's crazy, and I don't think she's a serial killer in the usual sense of the word, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she's murdered more than one victim. I think she has a huge chip on her shoulder and a sense of entitlement. She's easily slighted, and when things don't go her way, she strikes out. I believe she relishes in her perceived victory afterward, too. It's pretty apparent in her FB post of December 25th at 1:28 p.m: Merry christmas [sic] everybody!!!!!!!" No less than seven exclamation points, mind you, at just about 24 hours after she burned Jonathan's little body to a crisp.
I also noted that she traveled back and forth to Mt. Pleasant several times between April and the end of August.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back