Is the flow of information in this case going to prevent a fair trial?

Do you think all the information we've rec'd will prevent a fair trial?

• Yes, I think too much information has been released

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Yes, and it's always unfair in high profile cases

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • No, high profile cases are treated justly

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • No, as long as they move the trial out of Multnomah County

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 18.7%

• Total voters
I haven't talked to one person who hasn't heard about Kyron around here and we are two hours south of Portland. However, I do seem to be the one informing them about the details.

Smile and yes, I agree with both you and PassionFlower. WE know about the case, but there are those who don't even know Kyron's name. They would make the best jurors.

There are people who try to get on juries because they have already made up their minds and want to make sure that they influence the outcome.

Right or wrong, not guilty or guilty, these will be the hold-outs. Some people cannot be swayed by fact or fury.

To me, those who cannot question themselves or allow within themselves that they could be wrong are as bad as the criminals themselves.

We, as humans, all fall short of the glory of God. We all make mistakes. If we weren't fallible humans, we wouldn't even be here on this earth. We are all wrong sometimes, no matter how deeply and sincerely we believe that we are right.

No matter how strongly one believes for whatever reason(s), a person can be mistaken.

To me, people who cannot admit fallibilities are the most damaged and dangerous humans of all.

I believe in the psychological vernacular, these kinds of people are labeled "personality disordered." In their minds, it's always someone else's fault for what they do, no matter how heinous.

I read that as "Plaid Panties."

Wondered if it was some kind of roller derby team. :doh:
LOL!
I've never even seen plaid panties in Walmart and I thought they had everything! Didn't look for rollerskates, tho. Smile.

I know people who pay no attention to these missing kids cases. Some people only watch entertaining TV. Some people like myself have no cable or satelite TV (me) and dont use the internet for news (I do). Really I'll bet most of the girls I work with do not read about this case or see it on TV. No CNN or other news shows. My kids father only watches movies. I'm guessing they can find some of these people in Oregon.

I guess so far, it's going to be a very biased divorce case.

I don't think LE, or the DA, have done much to prejudice any jury. If they determine to bring charges against Terri, though, I think there's a good case for how Desiree, Tony, and Kaine have worked to prejudice the public against Terri.

I think in fact that is why LE came out and specifically divorced (no pun intended) themselves from the statements that Desiree and Kaine had been making.

I voted no, as long as they move it out of Multnomah County.

And bless you, Puf, for saying what you did. I work in the adult industry, and I read it as plaid panties (actually "pink plaid panties") and just *knew* it was because I'm always talking to men who wear panties.

Hmm...but...may not! (unless you do as well? haha jk!)

I was going to ask what a plaid pantry was too! I pictured a store that sells plaid, plaid and more plaid! A place to stock up for all your plaid needs. *lol*

I voted for other, ie, WHAT flow of information :(

I dont have any good information. I still dont know what's going on. I have never read any case at all where I couldnt come up with an idea, right or wrong til this one!

I read it as plaid panties, too...and I have no excuse as to why. LOL.

Best-
Herding Cats

I voted other because this thread is very confusing to me.

Flow of information? There has been hardly any in this case, unless you're talking about salacious details and the very little LE has given. I don't think there's been a flow of information at all. And I'm coming from the vantage point of Florida with it's sunshine laws. Now in the ICA case, dear GOD way way WAY too much information. It's like a dang avalanche there and you wish it would STOP. But here? I bet a lot of people don't like TH, but that's different than knowing if she did this or not. Even me, a person who suspects she's guilty, would have to see all of the evidence LE has and make a judgment from there. Now maybe moving it out of Multnomah county would help, but I just don't see a flow of information at all, except that of the Jerry Springer variety. I do wish we knew more, though. There's hardly anything to make any decision on here. There's just no way to say definitely if she did this or not. Seems like it's already going in her favor just from that.

Aedrys, whats the ICA case? I have been concentrating on Kyron only for awhile. Thanks.

abbie

Aedrys, whats the ICA case? I have been concentrating on Kyron only for awhile. Thanks.

abbie

good morning abs! ICA is the Inmate Casey Anthony case.

I choose other or I don't know. I think in this time that we live in (the instant information age that is) I am shocked when anyone gets a fair trial. Anyone facing criminal charges in any case that has captured national attention faces the same challenges so in that way I guess my answer has to be . . .

This trial , if and when there is one, will be as fair as anyone else's.

good morning abs! ICA is the Inmate Casey Anthony case.

I choose other or I don't know. I think in this time that we live in (the instant information age that is) I am shocked when anyone gets a fair trial. Anyone facing criminal charges in any case that has captured national attention faces the same challenges so in that way I guess my answer has to be . . .

This trial , if and when there is one, will be as fair as anyone else's.

Oh Good Grief, thanks ticox. Didn't know Casey's "situation" had birthed new initials to identify it. Jeez.

I think by putting the I on there for inmate posters who wanted to use slurs or name call could feel like they were being derogatory towards Casey and let their feelings be known without falling outside TOS ;)

I think jurors in almost all cases go in wanting the prosecution to prove their case, regardless of what has been printed or passed about through gossip. No one wants to be part of a jury that wrongly convicts a person of a crime. Regardless of pre-trial publicity, I believe that jurors take the job at hand very seriously and the general impression I get of Oregon residents is that they are very much into their personal rights and would want to make sure that the prosecution had solid evidence before they would vote to convict.

If Terri turns out to be the person on trial (if there ever is a trial), she may be her own worst enemy, as she probably would not "present" very well in court and would be unlikely to testify on her own behalf, which depending upon what is allowed to be heard, may leave a lot of iffy tidbits out there for the jury to contemplate, without hearing from her. If the case is mostly circumstantial, Terri herself may turn out to be a big factor in the verdict.

I voted "other" because we haven't gotten much of any information at all. Also I'm at this moment on vacation in the Northwest US and saw a missing poster taped to a pole (for a missing teenage girl) and commented to my local host that it made me sad to see this and think of Kyron Horman - and my host hadn't heard of him. This is within 200 miles of Portland. So I think while we're all familiar with the very limited amount of info that has come out of the case, not all are and therefore it would be fairly easy to find jurors who haven't heard of the case or any of the rumors.

Oh Good Grief, thanks ticox. Didn't know Casey's "situation" had birthed new initials to identify it. Jeez.

Oh good gravy. ICA's case has gotten me so's that I've used up both upper and lower case initials and then had to go to the Egyptian hieroglyphics to fully satisfy what I'd like to say without getting a TO :)

Oh good gravy. ICA's case has gotten me so's that I've used up both upper and lower case initials and then had to go to the Egyptian hieroglyphics to fully satisfy what I'd like to say without getting a TO :)

I find the universal sign language of the raised middle finger pointed at the screen satisfies my urge to rant about ICA while being invisible to the mods and therefore within TOS ;)

Personally I do not see much evidence of anything being released..

lots of talk and speculating.. but no REAL evidence...

but i would think she could get a fair trial.. noone i know is into true crime and trials.. folowing this and several other top stories...

Is America to busy for Justice??

If it's TH's trial, I believe there is a chance she can get a fair trial. IMO, one concern would be if another person other than TH is found to have done it. A lot of the statements made in public regarding TH could then become very problematic for the prosecution, as that perps lawyer would almost certainly use it to raise reasonable doubt.

I had to vote "other' because while I feel Terri's chances of a fair trial are next to nothin', it's because of misinformation, speculation, rumors and outright lies, NOT because of actual factual information we've heard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back