is there really an acute mark on "attache" in the note?

aussiesheila said:
Given all that you would have thought they would have been investigated, but then weren't the BPD just concentrating on the Ramseys and not investigating anyone else anyway?

Has there been anything else suspicious reported about husband and/or son-in-law?
We don't know about their post-crime behavior because, as you say, everyone was focused on what the Ramseys did or didn't do. We do know Merv was drunk the morning of the 26th when the police showed up but did manage to ask if JonBenet had been "strangled." That makes me wonder if he had had some knowledge of the plan, knew it had gone awry but wasn't real firm on the details.

Are there many pieces missing if we choose to build a theory around the LHP group?

She was distraught over her sister demanding money before Christmas.
She knew the bonus amount John Ramsey received.
She had a key,
had arrangements in place for that key to be used on the 26th or 27th, to pick up a check on the kitchen counter.( this always seemed important to me, IF I were picking up a check I needed so desperately , would I wait until Friday or have my husband go grab it for me on the first banking day???)
Table conversation at Christmas dinner most likely included "check chat", and could have included something to this effect, " I borrowed money from that fat cat, how humiliating, they could have given me that money out of their petty cash, he afterall earned a 118,000 dollar bonus this year".
Conversations could have flown with... "princess daughter" has more spent on her pagaent dresses than Merv earns, ..wasn't good enough to attend party...after thought Patsy gave Arianna something suitable to wear...
In fact they could have built quite a disturbing case, a hate case against the Ramseys during their Christmas dinner of tacos.
I believe Jonbenet knew her killer, I believe the garrote was intended as a "dog leash" and an accident happened, I believe,as well, whoever killed her may not have gone in with that intention. The scene could have been staged after the fact and covered by a caring wife . IMO it looks like a "couple", a son/mother, wife/husband, brother/sister, with one called in to "clean" up for the one who was the perp. The LHP's look good as suspects, however, we don't know if there were others in the neighborhood that could look just as good. No one bothered to check, at minimum those who moved away should have been investigated.

petty but... I believe the $118,000 bonus was paid in something like March, 1996. It was the bonus for 1995 and would have shown on his pay stub throughout the year.

Aside from that it could have happened eactly as you describe although LHP doesn't strike me as likely to be in on it. Merv and the son-in-law could easily be though.

I've never thought LHP to be involved, but, I have wondered about her family members, especially since some of them had knowledge of the "wine cellar" and the basement area. Plus, these same ones had been in the house assisting LHP and could have possibly known of the R's Christmas plans, Jacques' whereabouts, burglar alarm, etc...

I do tend to give them a pass since the "new" investigation by Keenan and Smit did not lead to them.

tipper said:
We don't know about their post-crime behavior because, as you say, everyone was focused on what the Ramseys did or didn't do. We do know Merv was drunk the morning of the 26th when the police showed up but did manage to ask if JonBenet had been "strangled." That makes me wonder if he had had some knowledge of the plan, knew it had gone awry but wasn't real firm on the details.
That's interesting about Merv. I'll add him to my list. That makes 13 of them on there now.

sissi said:
Reasons for BPD's dismissing (in their minds so therefore in their investigation) certain suspects:

LHP's- no one within that family was smart enough to write the ransom note

Santa- to0 physically weakened by surgery to "murder" a six year old

Barnhill- too palsied to write the ransom note

White- too angry to investigate without "upsetting" him

Everyone else- the dna doesn't match

Ramseys as suspects= the dna means nothing/ all others = dna clears?

You are forgetting that several of the above were also cleared on DNA. Mervin Pugh, Fleet White and Santa were all cleared on DNA. I'm not sure about Barnhill. Santa described on national tv how he gave DNA. Merv Pugh and Fleet White's names are on the lab report that has been shown on tv. An attempt was made to score them out, but the tops of the letters are still visible and the names fit perfectly as I have shown. I deliberately dropped the names very slightly so that we could see the tops of the letters below and see that they match the spaces perfectly.

Mervin%20DNA.jpg

Fleet%20and%20Priscilla%20DNA.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname