ISAAC - Information and Support for Gulf Coast Residents

Lots of flooding here in South MS. Areas that have never flood before. We are still getting rain, but the wind is gone. One area got 21 inches in less than 24 hours. Lots of homes in that area got water inside the house from rain fall alone.

Power restored at my son's apartment near the lake. :rocker: Thank goodness. My house is still hot and steamy.

My tap water has turned green. I am on city water. Anyone ever experienced this during flooding? My house sits high on a hill, so we did not flood but many homes near us have taken on water.

Editted to add. My daughter just called her tap water is green too. She is in South AL 30 minutes away from me. They also had flooding.

I am in northern Louisiana and Isaac was not as bad as expected. We had wind gusts @53mph and rain. The power went out several times but was quickly restored. There were trees down in other areas, but not in my neighborhood. The front and back yard are a mess, but cleanup will not be bad.

We were fortunate here and I thank God for it.

GB those who had damage and the couple who were found dead in their home in Braithwaite. My thoughts and prayers are with those whose homes were flooded.

:please: No more hurricanes or tropical storms, please!

My tap water has turned green. I am on city water. Anyone ever experienced this during flooding? My house sits high on a hill, so we did not flood but many homes near us have taken on water.

Editted to add. My daughter just called her tap water is green too. She is in South AL 30 minutes away from me. They also had flooding.

Don't drink it!

Ours once turned a funny color and not long after announcement came to not drink the water. When problem was fixed we ran the water for quite a few minutes from every faucet until it was completely clear. We still drank bottled water for another day or two as it still had a bit of odor to it.

northern Tangipahoa parish did fairly well, our lights went out at 2 am thursday morning and came back on about 9 this morning (YAY WSTE!!!)we had a huge thunderstorm last night, dropped 3 inches of rain. more than isaac lol. lots of trees down near us but only ripped leaves in our yard. its awful wet out there, i guess the drought is over?

southern part of my parish didnt do so well :(

Power back on in my neighborhood here in Slidell. My DD and SonIL 's place in the Olde Towne section flooded. We are cleaning it out and they and my granddaughter will be staying with us till they get back on their feet.

My thoughts are with those who weren't as lucky and those still suffering without a / c. It was hot today.

I would boil it first. Don't brush your teeth, cook, or give it to the animals. Here is a link telling a little more about it.

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2012/08/boil_water_advisory_issued_for_1.html

Power back on in my neighborhood here in Slidell. My DD and SonIL 's place in the Olde Towne section flooded. We are cleaning it out and they and my granddaughter will be staying with us till they get back on their feet.

My thoughts are with those who weren't as lucky and those still suffering without a / c. It was hot today.

I lived in Slidell during Katrina. Luckily I had evacuated as my apt was on Pontchartrain Drive. I loved living there on the water but my place and stuff was all destroyed so I moved on.

Now I am farther north in Louisiana and we just had Issac. Well we need a new roof now but that's life and we have a pretty blue tarp roof ( so popular right now !!) and we are fine.

Our son's gf had a huge tree fall on her house and it seems they may be living with us until she can find a suitable rental for her and the 3 kids. Soooo, that means me and Mr Swamp will now have 8 people living in our sweet little 600 sq ft house with only 2 bedrooms.

Luckily we all have a good sense of humor and laugh our way thru the complexities of finding enough room, blankets and pillows for everyone. We do love to laugh at each other rather than get mad.

Most everyone is sleeping now and it looks a bit like Jonestown, the morning after.

The house is a wreck,the roof is blue, we are packed to the rafters with people and I don't know quite yet how we will manage but we will. This is our life and we love it.

I'm so glad everyone seems to be holding out.

Swamp Mama, You are an amazing person..

Please stay safe all. ( This is the first day I could check in as been in the hospital since Thursday.)

Peace!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back