Italy’s Highest Appeals Court to Decide Amanda Knox’s Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
And from what I have read about Rudy, he should not be allowed to wander around during the day or night unattended. He is a danger to society as a whole.

Italian writer Frank Sfarzo, who has been covering the case and is close to Sollecito and his team said he believed there was an '80 per cent' chance of both of them having their conviction overturned.

Sfarzo said there had been a successful PR campaign by Sollecito's legal team. Earlier this month, his defense gave the courts a 300-page dossier, which was backed by eminent scientists who said that the pair couldn't possibly have committed the crime.

British DNA expert Professor Peter Gill went on Italian TV earlier this month to back their bid to have the conviction overturned because of contaminated forensic evidence.

Sfarzo believes Knox and her supporters in Seattle should look at how opinions have changed in Italy in recent months on the case.

He says: 'I'm in Italy, they're in Seattle, I'm more hopeful. Things have changed recently, the scientific community has made it clear that there is no proof against them, they've spoken for the first time.

'I've seen opinions in Italy changed, they think it's absurd. Even the most conservative people who spoke against them, all of a sudden, they've changed, they've heard what the scientists have to say.

I honestly believed Rafelle and AManda to be involved and if they are not, then I was wrong. I can admit it if that is the case. I still have questions though.
Were there cell phones turned off that night or not?
Were they not seen buying cleaning supplies and possibly even carrying a mop or something to clean up water at Rafaelles apartment? Theres others but will leave these for now.
Yes their cell phones were turned off.
There doesn't seem to be any credible evidence that either of them bought cleaning supplies.
Amanda did say she returned to her apartment the morning after Meredith was killed to take a shower and get a mop to clean up water in Sollecito's apartment. The mop was tested and not found to have any evidentiary value.

Does anyone know what he means by the Kerchers thought they were going to make millions off of this case?

The Kerchers had a civil case that was running concurrent to AK and RS trials. IIRC, they were awarded at least a million euros each.

Does anyone know what he means by the Kerchers thought they were going to make millions off of this case?

Civil suit against AK and RS

ETA - which is now not going to happen because the Supreme Court decision includes civil liability

The Kerchers had a civil case that was running concurrent to AK and RS trials. IIRC, they were awarded at least a million euros each.

So they were going to get the money from Amanda and Raffaele? They don't have any money

So they were going to get the money from Amanda and Raffaele? They don't have any money

I think Maresca had dreams of getting a cut of the Sollecito family fortune and some book royalties.

I love this. I do hope Amanda does the same for anyone who defames her.

Amanda has been so thoroughly monsterised that I have a feeling she might need to do more than sue for defamation. She might find herself having to seek court injunctions against stalkers and threats. I hope not, but looking at some of the guilter web sites, some of those people are clearly unbalanced.

Message-From-Moderators_zpsa3b3a1c0.gif

This thread will close tomorrow (March 31st) at 1:00pm eastern time to conclude our discussion on the case.

Crime Time

Amanda Knox Murder Conviction Overturned + Germanwings Co-Pilot Mental Illness

Published on Mar 30, 2015
Amanda Knox was acquitted of all charges on Friday by Italy’s highest court following a nearly eight-year legal battle over the 2007 murder of her roommate Meredith Kercher. We look at the false imprisonment of Knox and her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, as well as the suicide of the Germanwings co-pilot and how mental illness factored in with retired FBI SSA Jim Clemente in this uncensored episode of Crime Time with host Allison Hope Weiner.

[video=youtube;iTSpOvItfSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTSpOvItfSI[/video]

After wading through the many articles by the many journalists on this matter, pre and post this final exoneration, I have come to the conclusion that I don't know who to trust. A lot of the journalism is pretty shallow, in my opinion, and so much of it is rife with errors.

When I first heard about the case, the first appeal trial was ongoing. I read Amanda's statement containing the words "I was not there." And I said, wait, hadn't she already admitted to being there? I remembered reading some sort of report about it in one of the articles talking about the appeal. When the verdict came back with their first exoneration, I wondered how the court could have resolved both sets of "facts." That is when I began digging into the actual facts of the case, and reading what actual experts had to say. It was eye opening.

And it was eye opening to read how people like Nancy Grace, a former prosecutor, did not "buy" the scientific evidence that exonerated Rafaelle and Amanda. I am afraid that we may have as big a problem with our own judicial system.

But my biggest take away from this has been the necessity of getting as many facts as possible, especially from people without an axe to grind before forming an opinion. It is noteworty to me that the scientific community, Italian, British, and American that studied the case and formed opinions all seemed to think that there was never any credible forensic evidence tying Rafaelle and Amanda to that crime.

This will be my last post on the subject. My best wishes to Rafaelle, Amanda, and the WebSleuth community that have joined the debate here.

Glenn

I am sure they will. This case as a travesty. I believe with my whole heart the motive of that original prosecutor was not justice but notoriety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea