"It's a lady"?

Originally posted by Imon128
Could be, maxi. I guess I am of the mindset that she's distancing herself from JB or the case, or something. Perhaps I'm just not used to the southern lingo.

I never thought about that being ascribed to the southern way of talk, but I'll start taking note and report my findings. I'm smack dab in the middle here of southern lingo.

Originally posted by Toth
Not at all. I just want Tracey's "barking mad" to silence themselves.

Ahhhhhh, Tracey. I guess he has become the epitome of virtue and righteousness for the RST....and just when I thought they couldn't get any more unbecoming!

"That child" or "that man" may not be just a Southern expression of affection. My mom says my grandfather, who was from northern Scotland, always referred to my uncle (his only son) as "that man". It was said with much affection.

Originally posted by eliza
When it comes to Burke,Patsy has said it loud and clear {You don't want to go there}

Would you not say the same thing if your 8 year old was being accused of being the murderer of your daughter? Why is it so out of line for her to have said that?

My mom probably would have punched the guy and then spit in his face.

Originally posted by Maxi
...my grandfather, who was from northern Scotland, always referred to my uncle (his only son) as "that man". It was said with much affection.
I can buy that. "That child" may just be an insignificant expression.

What I wonder about is why Patsy sometimes referred to her husband and son by their full names, e.g. "John Ramsey did not do this," etc., as if they were strangers. IMO that suggests distancing, or perhaps that to Patsy they are virtual strangers.

It is extremely clear that they are not the warm and fuzzy close knit family they have tried so hard to portray.

The terminology is only a small part of what makes them anything BUT warm and fuzzy

Maybe, or maybe that's just the way she speaks. I do that sometimes. I do alot of strange things sometimes, but I do that as well. Ususally when I am trying to get a point across.

Another connection one could make is that the ransom note doesn't use JonBenet's name. Is there a correlation, some wonder?

Maybe the person didn't know her name? Does that pop up on anyone elses weird meter? I mean, it is a 3 page letter with not one mention of JonBenet by name. But John Ramsey is mentioned how many times???

I think the killer knew her name. He probably didn't just amble along a sidewalk and decide to go in...also he called John Mr. Ramsey, and there were other indications in the note the killer was familiar enough to know her by name. It is very odd that the killer went to such lengths to avoid the name. This somewhat indicates to me that the note was a fake, trying to sound more like some foreign faction, just out to get some money. Distancing, of a sort, by the notewriter? JMO

Originally posted by Britt
I can buy that. "That child" may just be an insignificant expression.

What I wonder about is why Patsy sometimes referred to her husband and son by their full names, e.g. "John Ramsey did not do this," etc., as if they were strangers. IMO that suggests distancing, or perhaps that to Patsy they are virtual strangers.

The family has a strange Victorian sort of sensibility going. I believe that was the usual way of referring to your husband back then. Only I think it would properly be, "Mr. Ramsey did not do this".

My Scottish grandmother signed her letters to my mom, "Your loving mother, Catherine Barron". The kids got a good laugh out of it, but never doubted her love for them.

Originally posted by ajt400
Would you not say the same thing if your 8 year old was being accused of being the murderer of your daughter? Why is it so out of line for her to have said that?

My mom probably would have punched the guy and then spit in his face.

In all honesty I'm sure I would have never said anything even close to that statement. In fact I would have told them to go wherever they need to , just find the killer of my beloved daughter. My kids have always stood up and faced the music when they had to, sometimes it was not so easy, but I'm a firm believer in the truth, no matter where it may lead.

Originally posted by Ivy
If I knew my son had killed my daughter and believed that it was unintentional, I might have responded in much the same way Patsy did when she said, "Don't go there, pal!" That is, if I, like Patsy, were extremely status-conscious and determined to avoid a scandal at all costs.
I'm not so sure John & Pats covered up for Burke because of being "status-conscious". I think they didn't know if he could be charged (hence the looking up of the word "incest"), and I think John probably dictated the situation to Patsy, stating that he had now lost TWO daughters and was not about to lose a son.

Originally posted by Shylock
(hence the looking up of the word "incest"),
Hence?

Oh, and by the way,,, I don't think either John Ramsey or Patsy Ramsey would quite need the assistance of a dictionary to know what the word 'incest' meant. Ask yourself, did you have to go look it up in the dictionary before making this post?

Oh,, and furthermore,,, that stuff about the page being dogeared and turned at the word incest... ain't true.

Alot of things had been told to the Ramseys either directly or indirectly. Alot of stuff was probably false or merely hunches the investigators had had.
Early in the investigation AuntPam had been told many things particularly by reporters and she had a tendancy to believe everything she was being told and to repeat it.

ok... so, TOTH: YOUR POINT?...I FAILED TO SEE(HELP?) IN REGARDS TO ABOVE INFO...???!~!!!;:confused: :dontknow:

Originally posted by eliza
My feelings are that the Ramseys, both John and Patsy, every chance they get like to make little remarks like that to steer the investigation in any direction they can as long as it stays clear of Burke. When it comes to Burke,Patsy has said it loud and clear {You don't want to go there}

Main Entry: car·i·ous
Pronunciation: 'kar-E-&s, 'ker-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin cariosus, from caries
Date: 1676
: affected with caries
Pronunciation Key
© 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

LET'S NOT FORGET IN DOI THAT Mr. John RAMSEY STATED (our cars are more important/registered instead of our kids...!!!)??? SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES ABOUT KIDS AND CARS... (HEEHEE THE NEXT WORD IN dictionary/Merriam-Webster above was:
Main Entry: car·jack·ing
Pronunciation: 'kär-"ja-ki[ng]
Function: noun
Etymology: car + hijack + -ing
Date: 1991
: the theft of an automobile from its driver by force or intimidation
- car·jack·er noun
Pronunciation Key
© 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy
:confused: :confused: :confused: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I don't think either John Ramsey or Patsy Ramsey would quite need the assistance of a dictionary to know what the word 'incest' meant. Ask yourself, did you have to go look it up in the dictionary before making this post?
OK Toth, everyone knows sex between a parent and their child is incest, but is sex between a child and their GRANDMOTHER considered incest? Do you know--I don't. I guess I would have to look it up, probably the same way Patsy had to look and see if sex between siblings is considered incest. The other question Patsy probably had, was "is incest (between siblings) against the law or just a religious/social taboo"? Seeing how laws in different states works, I couldn't tell you that either--and I doubt you could accurately tell me. So there you have your answer, Toth...Both you and I *WOULD* have some reason to look up the word.

Also, we are discussing this after the fact, so we already have an idea about what answers we will find--Patsy didn't. And not a single person has EVER described Patsy as being a "sexually savy" person, have they? The fact is, Patsy is just the type of "social bimbo" that wouldn't know what the total defination of the word "incest" is. She fits the mold quite well.

And by the way, the finding of the dog-eared dictionary is well documented by Thomas who was standing right there when it was discovered. There is absolutely NO reason for him to make up such a story, since his whole PDI theory has nothing to do with "incest"... If anything it throws a wrench into his theory. Nobody, not even your buddy Smit, has ever denied the dictionary story.

Originally posted by Shylock
And by the way, the finding of the dog-eared dictionary is well documented by Thomas who was standing right there when it was discovered.
Yep, well-documented! Note the Crime scene Photo of the dictionary, note the listing showing the dictionary was seized as evidence, note all the many, many questions about that dictionary in the depositions and interview transcripts. ........ Or perhaps note the absence of all these things!

But you are right about one thing. Thomas is always standing right there when something is discovered or overheard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back