JAG Armchair Psych Profile Family Dynamics

I'm not sure if this belongs here, or anywhere, so please move or delete as appropriate. John Albert Gardner's mother and a male living in the home are active members of a local running/drinking/social club associated with the Hash House Harriers. This group gives nicknames to their members that are generally highly sexualized. There are numerous pictures on the website of members in various stages of undress and of provocative behavior.
They held a run on Dec 27 in the Rancho Bernardo Community Park and the route goes mere feet from where Chelsea was found. It may also be on the route where the jogger was attacked on the same day.

While JAG doesn't appear to have been part of the group, he is seen on the website at a gathering with members in November.

It's my opinion that exposure to the sexualization of runners could have affected JAG and influenced his choice of victim.

Interesting info. Thank You. I have no opinion yet of his mental state and feel I need to know more about his relationship with his mother.

San Diego Hash House Harriers site http://www.sdh3.com/sdh3/

So, Gardner's mother is a runner and jogger?

Go to the Directory and you'll see they do give themselves strange nicknames.

I think this definitely belongs here. I brings up the question of what level and sorts of sexuality were in JAG's home, and what influences it had on him. What kinds of sexual things was JAG lead to believe were normal? Was S & M and role played rape and murder a part of his parents activities?

What did he see or was exposed to at an early age?
I think something that isn't normally accepted.
Relative definately said anything about JAG mother could set him off.
Very viotile relationship............
was she more of a friend than a mom??

Please be careful about revealing information about JAG's family members. Speaking in generalities is fine, but let's keep this to things that are case relevant.

if you are not sure, imagine your grown son is acused of such a crime. Would it be reasonable to post lots of information about you and the rest of your family?

use your best judgement, but please try and repsect the privacy of those that are suddenly involved in this case.
We are a victim friendly forum.

“It seemed like his medications changed a lot, and we didn’t know if that was because of his mother or because he was seeing someone new” for treatment, said the neighbor and family friend, who also said Catherine Gardner worked as a mental-health administrator.

(Thanks for the interesting and informative article. I didn't realize he had older two sisters either.)

With his mother working in the mental-health field, I would assume that she would have access to mental-health professionals and JAG would be getting help and medications.

Whoa! It says, ""He could be moody and aggressive when he didn’t take his medication.""

What medication? For what? Where's the doctor? IMO, a high school boy, athletic, with girl friends, yet taking medication to control mood and aggressiveness is not exactly normal.

OK it says further: ""His parents’ separation caused him extreme anxiety, eventually leading to hospitalization and psychiatric treatment, court records say.""

With a divorce rate close to 50%, a lot of children go through life without one parent. Why is JAG different?

Lots of puzzle pieces missing.

JAG's mother had multiple marriages, including one prior to her marriage to JAG's father, and then two after her divorce from JAG's father. It sounds like a lot of upheaval in the family.

I'm also wondering how tall is his Gardner's mom? Has he transferred issues with his mother onto them??

The relative interviewed on John and Ken, carefully chose his words when asked about family issues, and finally stated there were issues between JAG and his mother.

My impression is that JAG takes out his anger towards his mother on women.

San Diego Hash House Harriers site http://www.sdh3.com/sdh3/

So, Gardner's mother is a runner and jogger?

Go to the Directory and you'll see they do give themselves strange nicknames.
THIS is very strange. I guess they are runner but they are all alcholics from what I can see. I went all around that website and you can't get in to see any pics of the "runs" - seems you have to have the answer to an odd, specific question and if you do - then you're in.

The nicks are all VERY sexual and extremely wierd! Find the part about the "equipment" (which seems to be cooking pots and pans - laterns - nothing sexual at all). But the note about how to get, use and return the equip is odd as well. Seems you go to someone's house and go into the garage by side door (always open) - get what you need and get out.

His mother was a member of this group? Step-father too? wow ..........................

I want to remind myself to go easy on the Mother, and to have some compassion as this story unfolds.

THIS is very strange. I guess they are runner but they are all alcholics from what I can see. I went all around that website and you can't get in to see any pics of the "runs" - seems you have to have the answer to an odd, specific question and if you do - then you're in.

The nicks are all VERY sexual and extremely wierd! Find the part about the "equipment" (which seems to be cooking pots and pans - laterns - nothing sexual at all). But the note about how to get, use and return the equip is odd as well. Seems you go to someone's house and go into the garage by side door (always open) - get what you need and get out.

His mother was a member of this group? Step-father too? wow ..........................

The link from the "Hare list" is definitely sexual sounding.

http://public.sheet.zoho.com/publish/sdh3/5FkLVSIAp0Pb2YrstpRsZaBPysO+kd+5

It is such a strange combo to imagine. Don't drink and drive, so they drink and run? I picture a bunch of drunk people running on a trail stumbling and weaving. Sorry, it just seems like a funny mission for a group.

No curious - it says they drink AFTER the run. That's supposedly what the "fee" is for. And its an all you can drink and just beer, although they do say they provide soda and water and that you DON'T HAVE TO drink. But, who would run with a bunch of people that obviously get falling down drunk directly after?

I also found in a "new comers" link about what to bring with you - basic runners list but one specific item - condoms. Yep. I think there's a lot of "inside" info about these runs that only people know about who have actually been on one. KWIM?

Sometime this week I hear a neighbor in an interview say something snide about someone running around half naked in a neigborhood. I think he was referring to the Mom. Don't know which clip - does anyone remember that statement a neighbor near Mom's house said?

Sometime this week I hear a neighbor in an interview say something snide about someone running around half naked in a neigborhood. I think he was referring to the Mom. Don't know which clip - does anyone remember that statement a neighbor near Mom's house said?

Some people would consider a sports bra and running shorts to be half naked so I'm not sure what to make of the comment. The images on the site do depict full and partial nudity in public places so there may have been an incident near the home or at the park.

Oh my, those names! Not sure this club is about running. This sexual aspect is troubling to say the least in how it would relate to how Gardner could connect a jogger with something sexual? I never heard of a group like this, so I don't know what to think. Swingers?

BBM

Yep - that's one of my thoughts.

Oh my, those names! Not sure this club is about running. This sexual aspect is troubling to say the least in how it would relate to how Gardner could connect a jogger with something sexual? I never heard of a group like this, so I don't know what to think. Swingers?

I don't know whether I should laugh or go scrub my eyes with a scrub brush after reading that list! I have a feeling this is only the beginning! (and I tend to agree with you on your last questions!)

This link indicates it's a worldwide group, and from the map it looks like there's a lot more of it on the East Coast.

http://half-mind.com/contactsnew/p_listcountry1.php

I noticed this about 'one shoe'...

A special type of down-down is often reserved for hashers who wear new shoes to an event. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers"]The hasher is required to remove one shoe, which then serves as the vessel for the down-down. In some kennels the beer is further filtered through the accused's sock.[/ame]

Definitely a logical extension, it seems to me.

I commend the parents of the gunman on the Pentagon for sensing their son was dangerous and reporting him. It's really hard to tell what's going on with our children sometimes.

That said, in this case, Mom may have had more of her own life than I realized, and a lifestyle that had some effect on JAG. Normally, it is none of my business, but I have to ask what her lifestyle had to do with Gardner's crime.

I wonder what her attitude was concerning the seriousness of sexual crimes. From the relative's interview, it sounded like his Mom thought the girls threw themselves at her son, and that the girls were asking for it. But if she herself is a swinger, what does this mean?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back