James Bisset / Shannan Gilbert connection

FUNNY THING... JR in one interview stated that Bisset has NO connections to SG.

Either he was lying then, or he lied on the radio show, or he simply LOVES to get a rise out of people and drop these bombshells that never seem to hold water.
[FONT=&quot]
Maybe, but do we know whether Bisset committed suicide. His manner of death could be potentially incriminating. Moreover, has someone reconstructed his last days on earth -- was he depressed, did he talk about ending it all? Where there strange circumstances surrounding his demise.[/FONT]

Maybe Bisset was part of a rich human hunting group who was afraid when the body was found he ended it for himself.The group would have to be people with money and may or may not be well known.There fore leave your cell phones home and no pictures.They were to be paid a large amount for following there instructions on the meet but was just a rouse to kill them.Wonder if it is a group how large is it? Could it involve other states? Other countries.

I just Googled human hunting clubs and it appears that indonesia, south america, and Thailand have been rumored.... could it be that there is someone who traveled to one of these places and experienced such a thing and brought it back to long Island and other places in the United states and using working girls as the hunted?

I just Googled human hunting clubs and it appears that indonesia, south america, and Thailand have been rumored.... could it be that there is someone who traveled to one of these places and experienced such a thing and brought it back to long Island and other places in the United states and using working girls as the hunted?

You mean like "Deliverance", but clubbier? It would be hard to keep something like that secret, it seems to me, with as many people and places involved as you suggest. Even human traffickers must have some sense of having cutouts and the such to limit exposure, avoiding people and place they'd be known or environments they cannot control well enough. What you imagine as a club for sickos' pleasure would leave its members relatively exposed over time, it seems to me. People hunt and stalk others all the time, in wars, due to drug or human trafficking turf battles, just competition, jealousy, over money, information, for bounty, based on ideology, or by law even, etc... this idea with all due respect seems bit too elaborate, given what is known. You have great posts with reasonable outside of the box thinking which is nice to read. I hope you keep exploring possibilities, as there seems to be so very many to pick from, learning of how many SK's there could be out there, as "The Killing Season" shockingly concluded in that last two episodes (5&6 on) A&E.

FUNNY THING... JR in one interview stated that Bisset has NO connections to SG.

Doesn't he even state it in episode 3???

Either he was lying then or he lied on the radio show or he simply LOVES to get a rise out of people and drop these bombshells that never seem to hold water.

Who is this so-called witness??

This should go into a rumour mill or a rumour category because that's all it is at this point!

I agree. And why the claims that deliberately contradict fact?

JR claim: Shannan had no psychiatric history of bipolar disorder.
Then who prescribed her with medication? Excerpt from Newsday article: As a teenager, she stopped taking her medication for her bipolar disorder because she believed it made her gain weight and gave her the "shakes," Sherre Gilbert said. http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

JR claim: Shannan was not a bottom dweller; she was a “fairly high class sex worker”.
Shannan used Craigslist and Backpage. If she was a “high class” call girl she’d be in someone’s little black book and would not have to solicit her services online. Don’t get me wrong, I admire what was Shannan’s ambition and drive to better herself in life. She knew there was a difference between being naturally smart and being educated – and she was striving to be educated. But she wasn’t an exception in the sex-money business. She was the rule. She put her ad up and waited by the phone same as the next girl.

JR claim: Shannan didn’t go to Oak Beach for $300 – there was another reason she went to Oak Beach.
Shannan didn’t even know she was in Oak Beach!! – so that rules out any notion she went to Oak Beach with some goal in mind other than earning rent money, which was due that day. Unless… JR is alluding to Brewer's party pal – in which I would agree with him because I have always thought Bachelor #2 was significant and LE diverted attention from him by diminishing him as a nobody. But he’s no “drifter”. I think Ray was suggesting this guy (maybe Bissett?) was supplying Shannan with the whole $1,100 needed for rent money because she wouldn’t have gone all that distance for less and neither would Pak.

I also agree with John Ray when he said, “I think you’re going to find the killer right in Oak Beach. If you study and look at the evidence.”

I'd bet he’s 100% correct on that.

But it all of the info on Bisset was speculative. If in fact there is a link between him and Shannon, that would really substantiate the rumors. After his suicide, much of the speculation seemed to come from within the law enforcement community which in itself is interesting. And another odd thing is that if this witness is real, it seems to point in another direction than JB. Strange indeed.

I can not find it, but it was posted on this site by an administrator. It is right before they interview someone in regard to the Florida murders.

A couple of serial killers that committed suicide, after being caught, I doubt because of remorse though: Fred West (Died 1995) and Dr Harold Shipman (Died 2004)

in response to #13 "I agree... I think it's very rare for serial killers to commit suicide. (There is/was Israel Keyes, but he was an exception.)
And, IIRC... Bissett had a close family member who committed suicide (which "statistically" made him more susceptible)"

Also Maury Travis and Leonard Lake both committed suicide. Both were found to have videotaped their crimes.

IMHO I don't think it'd be wise to rule anyone out based on the fact that they committed suicide. Sure, most SKs are thought to be too narcissistic and concerned with their own survival to do it, but like I said in another post, I think we are still learning quite a bit about SK behavior and development and not all are exactly the same.

Timelines? I wonder if this police task force eliminated people from timelines and if they were somewhere that could be proven at the time of disappearances. They have not allowed the public to know this so it makes it hard to x someone out as a suspect.

I don't know how to state this without sounding insensitive. Let's just say that IF a prestigious man like James Bissett III had a reason or a desire to hire a woman for sex, he could have afforded the highest class, most exotic and most expensive and discreet call girls that money could buy. Living on the East End of Long Island in the middle of wine country he surely would have used an upscale professional service and not resort to Craigslist for a streetwalker from Jersey City (yes, Craigslist and Backpage are the new location of modern-day streetwalkers).

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/real-estate/bissett-home-in-mattituck-finally-sells-1.7218138

The problem I have with all the talk of sex murder parties, driver, and police cover up is (and I may be really wrong) in my opinion there are not that many men who support hurting women nonetheless killing them. Killing someone is seriously messed up and I cannot see a huge group covering this up. I have a hard time thinking a group of police officers would cover murder of these girls. That would be many psychopaths in a group. I hope no one comes down hard on me for this opinion, but I am not buying this. People talk and talk alot, these type of things get out. They may have crossed off suspects like Bissett from work, was he on computer paying bills, figuring out business taxes, expenses, ISP account for the time any of these women went missing.

Easy prey. I have warned so many about staying away from CL and backpage. Not only is it easy pickings for any psycho out there, but also for LE.
I don't know how to state this without sounding insensitive. Let's just say that IF a prestigious man like James Bissett III had a reason or a desire to hire a woman for sex, he could have afforded the highest class, most exotic and most expensive and discreet call girls that money could buy. Living on the East End of Long Island in the middle of wine country he surely would have used an upscale professional service and not resort to Craigslist for a streetwalker from Jersey City (yes, Craigslist and Backpage are the new location of modern-day streetwalkers).

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/real-estate/bissett-home-in-mattituck-finally-sells-1.7218138

The higher priced call girls may take payment ahead of time and only debit or credit card in large sum. They also may get clients through word of mouth and have adequate protection. They would not be as easy prey or as vulnerable in the eyes of a killer. A high class call girl may show up looking ready to go to a high society event, and this may not fulfill the warped fantasies of SKs who kill prostitutes.

Exactly, Salsa. They could be easily tracked if they worked through an agency.
The higher priced call girls may take payment ahead of time and only debit or credit card in large sum. They also may get clients through word of mouth and have adequate protection. They would not be as easy prey or as dirty in the eyes of a killer.

Maybe Bisset was part of a rich human hunting group who was afraid when the body was found he ended it for himself.The group would have to be people with money and may or may not be well known.There fore leave your cell phones home and no pictures.They were to be paid a large amount for following there instructions on the meet but was just a rouse to kill them.Wonder if it is a group how large is it? Could it involve other states? Other countries.

I'm relatively new to the case/show - but as soon as I heard she said on the 911 call that "*they're* trying to kill me" there may be a ring at work. Especially given the phone call they had with the serial killer who claimed to be part of such a ring.

My theory would be thus: Shannen was in the client's home for approximately 2 hours prior to "freaking out". It could be during this time she and the client engaged in small talk or actual sex - possibly with the client suggesting he call others over to participate. It may be possible that he either divulged information on this ring to her - or initimated some thing to her that obviously frightened her. Was he taunting her? Could it possibly be that the Dr. who called her mother to state he was running a "home for wayward girls" (whose house was not far from where Shannen was found) involved in this ring - drugging potential victims? Also, I thought that given the Sheriff's corruption charges, hindering of the investigation and being labelled a "pervert" due to *advertiser censored* and bondage item found in his car - he may be part of such a ring.

Again, these are strictly my opinions.

I haven't ruled anyone out, known to us or not known to us. James Bissett is still on the table for me. That said, I wonder if he was involved in one or more murders of sex workers, including Shannan, it may have been "prudent" of him to choose women whom he believed would not have been missed if he was planning to kill them. Additionally, there are well off men who troll for less expensive sex workers. It's not uncommon from all I've read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back