Janet Jackson's secret daughter?

bakerprune64 said:
My MIL tried to get her 23 year (and two kids later) marriage annulled just so she could get remarried in the Catholic church. If you have kids together, you shouldn't be allowed to do that. Wouldn't that make your children "bastards" since the marriage "didn't exist" in the eyes of the church? Btw, the Diocese turned down her request for annullment, and she had to get married by at the court house.

No, this is another common misconception about the Church. The annullment does NOT mean that the marriage did not take place, nor that the children are illegitimate. It means that the sacrament of marriage did not take place, that is, the covenant with the man, the woman and God. Anyone can apply for an annullment, but they aren't easily granted. Some of the reasons are things like "lack of consent" (if one person was coerced or unable to give consent because they were already married, for example).

A civil annullment is an entirely different thing.

The Catholic Church will arbitrarily deny an anullment if they see fit. The fact that they will grant an anullment even if there are children is arbitrary when they see fit. I fought it legally and they lost. My children were born of a legal marriage. Although they weren't raised in the Catholic Church you might see why. The church didn't raise my children I did. The fact that they wanted to bastardize my children still rings a bell in my heart. Don't take everything you hear and don't take every truth as fact. Many shades of grey.

My first marriage was annulled by the Catholic Church. Although I can't remember the exact mention of the words, my child is always considered ligitimate. Though my ex-husband sought the annulment, he was the one sited for 3 different faults for why he entered the marriage for fraudulent reasons, and he was required to attend counciling. And it was catholic social services that advised us to get a divorce in the first place.

Why he went thru all this I'm not sure, since neither of us remarried in the church anyway, and it took years to obtain. But I think that the counciling did him a world of good, and we were able to remaining good friends for the sake of our child. I didn't care too much one way or the other, but it sure gave my mother a lot to gripe about, since she was not Catholic.

I have no idea why anyone would go thru a civil annulment, unless your Britney Spears... :dance:

Pook said:
My first marriage was annulled by the Catholic Church. Although I can't remember the exact mention of the words, my child is always considered ligitimate. Though my ex-husband sought the annulment, he was the one sited for 3 different faults for why he entered the marriage for fraudulent reasons, and he was required to attend counciling. And it was catholic social services that advised us to get a divorce in the first place.

Why he went thru all this I'm not sure, since neither of us remarried in the church anyway, and it took years to obtain. But I think that the counciling did him a world of good, and we were able to remaining good friends for the sake of our child. I didn't care too much one way or the other, but it sure gave my mother a lot to gripe about, since she was not Catholic.

I have no idea why anyone would go thru a civil annulment, unless your Britney Spears... :dance:
My ex wanted to disacknowledge the children in the Catholic Church so he could marry his lover. Then he could have children with her and never be responsible for his other children.

concernedperson said:
My ex wanted to disacknowledge the children in the Catholic Church so he could marry his lover. Then he could have children with her and never be responsible for his other children.
Legally he would still be responsible. That is pretty bad when you choose the new girlfriend over your own kids. Be glad you are rid of him.
I guess the Jacksons main concern was their public image. The child was better off with her aunt if her own mother would make that choice. I guess I can understand a young 18 yr old being influenced to give her child to her sister. Maybe she couldn't handle the responsibility. But all these yrs later she should be mature enough to say she has a daughter.
The Jacksons secrets run deep. IMO

Pook said:
Would you want to claim Michael as your uncle??

Well she still has to - Janet's sister is raising her, so Mike's the uncle no matter how you look at it. Janet, to me at least, seems like she's got some serious problems. So, while it looks cold for her to have passed her daughter off to her sister, maybe its the best thing that could have happened to the girl. She at least got to escape the glare of the spotlight for her first 18 years and that's got to be a good thing.

concernedperson said:

Nice, and this was sanctioned by the Catholic church?

Eve

Silence speaks volumes?

Janet Jackson Mum On Reports Of Secret Child

NEW YORK -- She's been silent on the claim all along -- and despite word from a former-in-law who says she has a secret daughter, Janet Jackson is continuing to maintain her silence on the subject.

For the past two days, her publicists haven't returned calls seeking comment on the claim by Young DeBarge.

And so far, no one has been able to get hold of the purported father, James DeBarge, or Rebbie Jackson, Janet's older sister, who was said to be raising the child.

Speaking on a radio station last week, Young DeBarge said the daughter his brother fathered with Jackson is named Renee and is now 18.

That would mean she would have been born around 1987, shortly after Jackson released her album "Control."

But it would also have come long after the two ended their marriage
. They eloped in 1984 and they went their separate ways three months later.

Click on Detroit

NEW YORK — Janet Jackson (search) says she is not a mother. In a terse statement released Wednesday, the 39-year-old singer denied a former brother-in-law's claim that she has a "secret" 18-year-old daughter.

"I do not have a child and all allegations saying so are false," Jackson said in a statement released to the syndicated "Access Hollywood" TV show.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173556,00.html

In a terse statement released Wednesday, the 39-year-old singer denied a former brother-in-law's claim that she has a "secret" 18-year-old daughter.

"I do not have a child and all allegations saying so are false," Jackson said in a statement released to the syndicated "Access Hollywood" TV show.

A call to Jackson's publicist by The Associated Press Wednesday wasn't immediately returned. Brian Oxman, an attorney for the Jackson family, told E! Online Monday that he asked the Jackson family years ago if the story was true.

"The answer is no way, no how," he told E! "From the sisters to the mother, every last one of them said it never happened."

On Friday, Young DeBarge, the brother of Jackson's ex-husband, James DeBarge, said Jackson and his brother had a child named Renee that was living with Rebbie Jackson, Janet's oldest sister.

"James and the Jackson family kept everything real close, real tight," Young DeBarge said on New York radio station WQHT, known as Hot 97.

Jackson and James DeBarge, a singer in the former R&B family group DeBarge, were married for three months in 1984, when Jackson was just 18.

Jackson secretly married Rene Elizondo Jr. in 1991. They separated in 1999. She is now dating Jermaine Dupri.

Young DeBarge, 28, is promoting his debut album.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/26/people.janetjackson.ap/index.html

I get the feeling he's looking for a bit of publicity for his album. What better way to get your name out there than to create some drama.....

Hmmm. Well since she's saying it's absolutely false, can't she sue him for lying about it? That would prove it to me that it's not true.

SadieMae said:
Hmmm. Well since she's saying it's absolutely false, can't she sue him for lying about it? That would prove it to me that it's not true.
Yes..I agree. If is wasn't true those grubby J-O's would be getting a suit ASAP to make some money. :liar: JJ's a liar. She probably is the kid's Mom. Poor kid.

Jules said:
In a terse statement released Wednesday, the 39-year-old singer denied a former brother-in-law's claim that she has a "secret" 18-year-old daughter.

"I do not have a child and all allegations saying so are false," Jackson said in a statement released to the syndicated "Access Hollywood" TV show...

AYoung DeBarge, 28, is promoting his debut album.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/26/people.janetjackson.ap/index.html

I get the feeling he's looking for a bit of publicity for his album. What better way to get your name out there than to create some drama.....

ITA. I never heard of him before this.

SadieMae said:
:laugh: It's all a lie...just like her brother, Michael, isn't really a pedophile!

Pook said:
The 'secret' husband's name is Rene - wonder if that's what's being confused?

Here's an old document for their divorce action:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/elizondo1.html

Oooh!

more juicy stuff:

embarassing prescriptions filled in the name of her chef - for which he sued her for:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/janetmeds1.html

I don't know, my aunt named her daughter after her husband Brian - but spelled Brianne... so could be named after dad. Besides, why would the brother/uncle lie?

I went back and read the thread, and just realized it was started over 10 years ago. No wonder I didn't see anything on TMz about a secret daughter!

Doctors Order Janet Jackson to Rest Amid Pregnancy Complications, Source Says

McKenna Aiello, eonline
Seconds ago

Janet Jackson's doctors have asked her to spend some time off her feet.*

The 50-year-old singer is currently pregnant with her first child with*husband* Wissam Al Mana, and a source tells E! News she is now under "doctor's orders to rest" until the baby comes.*

"She is doing OK and resting until she is due for her baby," the insider explains. The latest development in her pregnancy comes after the mom-to-be experienced complications, according to the source.

Not to worry though, our insider tells us, "[Janet] is aware of complications, but as of now doctors say she is*OK." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20160910/b793625/?cid=featuredent_media_jackson

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back