Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG :eek: - those pics are downright scary and I just don't see how anyone could dispute the fact that the steam that is escaping is very radioactive and very deadly.

Here's the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uake-U-S-fears-nuclear-fuel-rods-exposed.html

Wow - just wow.

Yeah, Wow - just wow, until about 20 years later and people come down with cancer. Related to the Japanese disaster? Naw, you can't prove that, "move along, nothing to see here".

I know I sound a little bitter, maybe because I am. Ya know what really hurts? When my daughter, the one with incurable cancer, says, "I want my children to remember me".

I think some don't understand this could happen to you, no matter what the governments, and the experts say. I don't believe anyone really knows.

The moment nuclear plant chief WEPT as Japanese finally admit that radiation leak is serious enough to kill people

The boss of the company behind the devastated Japanese nuclear reactor today broke down in tears - as his country finally acknowledged the radiation spewing from the over-heating reactors and fuel rods was enough to kill some citizens

Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency admitted that the disaster was a level 5, which is c
lassified as a crisis causing 'several radiation deaths' by the UN International Atomic Energy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...radiation-leak-kill-people.html#ixzz1GyLk0izW

article-1367684-0B3BF1E700000578-880_472x491.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1GyLk0izW

The moment nuclear plant chief WEPT as Japanese finally admit that radiation leak is serious enough to kill people

The boss of the company behind the devastated Japanese nuclear reactor today broke down in tears - as his country finally acknowledged the radiation spewing from the over-heating reactors and fuel rods was enough to kill some citizens

Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency admitted that the disaster was a level 5, which is c
lassified as a crisis causing 'several radiation deaths' by the UN International Atomic Energy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...radiation-leak-kill-people.html#ixzz1GyLk0izW

My heart goes out to him... several deaths... :maddening:

^^ (sarcasm)

OT........maybe.

President Barack Obama has cancelled a public speech he was scheduled to deliver Sunday in a Rio square during his upcoming visit to Brazil, the US embassy in Brasilia said.
The speech in the historic plaza known as Cinelandia, in the heart of Rio de Janeiro, "is cancelled," an embassy spokeswoman told AFP.

Obama instead will deliver remarks at Rio's Municipal Theatre, the official said, without specifying whether it would be open to the public or exclusively for invited guests.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.d09217177032cbbc9a7b49e80f70edcb.331&show_article=1

Saw that pic before and cried with him. We are all in this together.

Thank you, you made me look at it from a different viewpoint. We ARE in this together.

MOO and the reason for my harsh post #469... They should have been honest and forthright from the beginning. He's weeping today as he has to come to terms with the fact that it can no longer be hidden. He is dishonorable. He will weep more in the future as the real picture emerges.

My compassion toward him is lacking.

OT........maybe.

President Barack Obama has cancelled a public speech he was scheduled to deliver Sunday in a Rio square during his upcoming visit to Brazil, the US embassy in Brasilia said.
The speech in the historic plaza known as Cinelandia, in the heart of Rio de Janeiro, "is cancelled," an embassy spokeswoman told AFP.

Obama instead will deliver remarks at Rio's Municipal Theatre, the official said, without specifying whether it would be open to the public or exclusively for invited guests.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.d09217177032cbbc9a7b49e80f70edcb.331&show_article=1
Yea - I was wondering what happened to the trip/vaca. Seems he is set to speak in just a few about Libya. And he's speaking from the White House so I was wondering. Guess not - guess they will fly out later today. IMO he needs to "stay home" and take care of business - he has QUITE A BIT on his plate between Japan and Libya and all the other "little stuff" too - KWIM?

Yesterday I was angry. Maybe even still this morning.....but not now. I think it's a wasted emotion at this point, all my anger ain't going to make that radiation go back into those reactors. Those poor people.

Just checking in. I'm a bit disappointed today that when I logged onto fox news Japan was not front and center on the main page. The rebels are and Japan is lower down the page.

I went to check our local news and here is the first article I saw:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14277720

Concern over how the crisis in Japan will effect the tourism industry here.

Kind of peeves me. Sorry. :( JMHO.

Well.............There it is.

Thank you, you made me look at it from a different viewpoint. We ARE in this together.

MOO and the reason for my harsh post #469... They should have been honest and forthright from the beginning. He's weeping today as he has to come to terms with the fact that it can no longer be hidden. He is dishonorable. He will weep more in the future as the real picture emerges.

My compassion toward him is lacking.

I understand where you are coming from - I'm a child of WWII, born right before Pearl Harbor. Believe me, I DO understand.

Now, I may get a TO, but that isn't anything new for me, I'm not at all PC. I remember a lot of bad things about the war, read a lot more about the cruelty of Japan. Prior to this I did mention Bataan death march. If none of you know, look it up. In the past few years I even turned down a trip to Japan while my son was there in the military. I wanted nothing to do with these people; I refused to feed the economy or acknowledge it in any way.

However, right now I am ambivalent. I know the tears are only 'cause they got caught and lost face. I guess falling on swords is outdated or illegal now, but I really don't know. Even so, right now, I'm trying so hard to come to terms with this and it ain't easy. I have a lot of stored up memories from WWII, and bad feelings, but I'm trying to come to terms with them. It isn't easy. Being a child during WWII wasn't easy, it was damned hard, and to hear Obama say they were our dear friends, GAG, only because they had little choice after the war (that's why they have no military), I was appalled.

I always do this, but somehow at the end of all my posts I try to sum up what I'm saying, and it is this - I do not love the Japanese people because I remember very well what happened in WWII, and it was ugly beyond belief, although most here don't know that. I am trying so hard to believe the mindset in Japan has changed, that I can relate to them as a people, not as robots of the Emperor. I want them to feel as me and you feel, I want to cry for their dead, I want to forgive and forget. I don't know if I can, totally, but I want to cry for his dead, my dead, all the pain of humanity.

Time to stop. I hope you all look into history, evaluate your humanity, and maybe, just maybe we can come together and cry. Maybe, I don't really know.

Yea - I was wondering what happened to the trip/vaca. Seems he is set to speak in just a few about Libya. And he's speaking from the White House so I was wondering. Guess not - guess they will fly out later today. IMO he needs to "stay home" and take care of business - he has QUITE A BIT on his plate between Japan and Libya and all the other "little stuff" too - KWIM?

I know that the President can't do anything about events in Japan,and as far as anything else going on,he can function as President anywhere in the world,but there are times when you just feel more at ease if the person supposed to be in charge is at home. Kinda like when you are a teenager and afraid. Even though your parents are just a phone call away,it still feels better to know they are close by. I wish I knew what was so important in Rio.

I understand where you are coming from - I'm a child of WWII, born right before Pearl Harbor. Believe me, I DO understand.

Now, I may get a TO, but that isn't anything new for me, I'm not at all PC. I remember a lot of bad things about the war, read a lot more about the cruelty of Japan. Prior to this I did mention Bataan death march. If none of you know, look it up. In the past few years I even turned down a trip to Japan while my son was there in the military. I wanted nothing to do with these people; I refused to feed the economy or acknowledge it in any way.

However, right now I am ambivalent. I know the tears are only 'cause they got caught and lost face. I guess falling on swords is outdated or illegal now, but I really don't know. Even so, right now, I'm trying so hard to come to terms with this and it ain't easy. I have a lot of stored up memories from WWII, and bad feelings, but I'm trying to come to terms with them. It isn't easy. Being a child during WWII wasn't easy, it was damned hard, and to hear Obama say they were our dear friends, GAG, only because they had little choice after the war (that's why they have no military), I was appalled.

I always do this, but somehow at the end of all my posts I try to sum up what I'm saying, and it is this - I do not love the Japanese people because I remember very well what happened in WWII, and it was ugly beyond belief, although most here don't know that. I am trying so hard to believe the mindset in Japan has changed, that I can relate to them as a people, not as robots of the Emperor. I want them to feel as me and you feel, I want to cry for their dead, I want to forgive and forget. I don't know if I can, totally, but I want to cry for his dead, my dead, all the pain of humanity.

Time to stop. I hope you all look into history, evaluate your humanity, and maybe, just maybe we can come together and cry. Maybe, I don't really know.

I am well aware of our history with Japan, and have no need to examine my humanity. This is not war... this nuclear crisis a casualty of an industry that thrives in our own country as well. I feel devastated for the Japanese people, and I'll be certain to learn from their plight. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther