Jason Young arrested and charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Young has now been in jail for one year and one day.

Perhaps he has had some time to reflect upon his despicable actions. Those orange and white stripes must be wearing thin by now.

Should be a status hearing tomorrow - 16 December.

While the evidence is overwhelming against him, and 99.9% of us believe he did this, I still sometimes find it so difficult to wrap my head around how this individual could so brutally murder his wife... his pregnant wife... such a non-threatening, defenseless girl... with so much rage?!? Just feeling pensive, I suppose. Plenty of people shoot or stab their spouse, but to be as brutal and rehearsed as he was shows the absolutely evil person he is. He deserves the death penalty.

ITA. I do not know why we already overburdened taxpayers must take care of these people for life. Taxpayers who cannot afford healthcare and college educations for their own children are forced to provide room, board, healthcare, and college educations to MURDERERS?

At least Jason did not murder his own little girl. Chris Coleman's murder of his own precious sons is horrifying.

What makes these people capable of such things? Did they just snap one day, or did they have the capacity all their lives?

Am hearing nothing new from the status hearing.

Next status hearing set for 10 Feb 2011.

Wheels are turning, trial still set for May as far as I know.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/21/1003842/doubt-spatters-old-cases.html

"In Wake County, prosecutors will have to figure out what to do about Deaver's bloodstain pattern analysis in the 2006 death of Michelle Young, a pregnant woman whose husband, Jason Young, is expected to be tried for her killing in May."

"If prosecutors try to use bloodstain pattern evidence at trial, they will likely face a barrage of questions about the validity of the science and the SBI's qualifications to administer it. For those cases involving Deaver, prosecutors could have an even bigger fight."

"Howard Cummings, senior assistant district attorney in Wake County, said he's unsure how he will handle Deaver's involvement in the Young case and hadn't yet made any determinations about how critical it is to their case. Defense attorneys for Jason Young declined to comment."

"Prosecutors across the state will likely avoid bringing Deaver into court as a witness, hoping to avoid assaults on his credibility. Cummings, the prosecutor, declined to say what he would do in the Young case."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thankfully, the blood pattern analysis in the Young case is not crucial evidence. There is obviously no doubt the blood resulted from a beating.

The next scheduled status hearing with Judge Stephens is 4-14-11.
With only a month to trial, this one may be revealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther