Jason Young to Get New Hearing March 3, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the book offers a different opinion on the gas

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm quite sure this e-book offers a different opinion on just about anything proven in court by the state.....

I'm not even saying he's innocent - I'm saying the timeline that was presented made no sense at all to me. I lived 25-30 minutes closer to Hillsville than he did at the time and I wouldn't have been within 2 hours of their suggested time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you are not saying he's innocent.

2 hours?
Do you actually know the timeline presented in court?

Yeah and all of Greg Taylor's appeals were denied but after 17 years he was exonerated

Yes, Greg Taylor was factually innocent.

To suggest JLY is factually innocent would be insane.
The only thing his defense could possibly do was cast some reasonable doubt.
In the end, the smoke and mirrors failed with a 12-0 guilty verdict for 1st degree murder.
The States highest court unanimously agreed.

Personally, I thought this should have been tried as a capital death case.

IIRC, the LEOs who went up to the motel in Virginia also took mileage statistics, etc., of their trip, and they observed that it could be done.

The drive one way was clocked at somewhere around 2 hrs 30 min, give or take, and not just driven once, but more than once. As presented, with mileage and time and gas utilization, it was doable. He would have had up to an hour to commit the murder and get himself back in the SUV.

The drive one way was clocked at somewhere around 2 hrs 30 min, give or take, and not just driven once, but more than once. As presented, with mileage and time and gas utilization, it was doable. He would have had up to an hour to commit the murder and get himself back in the SUV.

Imo, the conditions would have had to be perfect for him to make it in an hour and a half. It was closer to 3 hours for me and I lived 30 minutes closer. The roads are not interstates and they are tricky to drive at night. And he murdered her and cleaned up so well that there was no trace evidence on him or in his car and nothing from the hotel room on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo, the conditions would have had to be perfect for him to make it in an hour and a half. It was closer to 3 hours for me and I lived 30 minutes closer. The roads are not interstates and they are tricky to drive at night. And he murdered her and cleaned up so well that there was no trace evidence on him or in his car and nothing from the hotel room on her.

LE rented the exact model SUV as he had and drove it up and back from his house (not speeding like freaks). They did this more than 1 time. This is in testimony. Their clocked times are part of the record, as is their mpg, using the exact same model of vehicle. You don't have to believe it, but it happens to be part of the official record. It certainly was possible and it was proved.

Cleaned up so well? He got rid of the top, pants, and shoes he was wearing, those items likely in a large hefty bag, fully contained. He managed to leave his own shoe prints in his wife's blood. You don't know if there was any trace evidence on him at some point in time. He didn't leave the house after murdering his wife and then wear any of those items in the SUV. All items disappeared. He ran the hose outside to clean up and left it running. His own DNA is in the house since he lived there. His light colored SUV was spotted around 3:40am-ish at his house.

The jury weighed the evidence and testimony presented and determined he was guilty. He certainly cut it close--got back later than he planned to and then was 30 min late to his important sales call, the one he had to drive halfway there so he wouldn't be late.

Doubt the driving times all you want; it doesn't change the evidence or the testimony.

Looks like the #1 Brad Cooper fan (admitted wife killer) has penned another tabloid worthy e-book about a convicted wife killer.
This time, the author has written another totally slanted account, with extra credit going to the convicted killer's family and "dr" Maurice Godwin. :thumb:

Seems to me the 'book' is overpriced by about $2.98.

Even with such a bargain price, I'll pass on this author's POV.

I wouldn't waste your effort here, Doghairrules. The police could find the real killer, find dna evidence on the killer, get a confession, and the people here would still believe that JY killed his wife.

Innocent until proven guilty my *advertiser censored*.

Personally, I don't see it. While I think that JY was a pretty horrible guy, the evidence doesn't support murder. Add to that the state's use of the civil courts to circumvent the fifth amendment and it is a troubling case all around.

"Innocent until proven guilty my *advertiser censored*"

Guess you missed it?

He was proven guilty and the NC Supreme Court unanimously agreed with the verdict.

NC Supreme Court over turned the appellate court's ruling for a new trial.

Indeed they did.

NC SUPREME COURT > nc court of appeals

I believe that the appellate court had it right, using a ruling in a civil trial in a criminal trial

The 3 member appellate court was rightfully corrected by the 7 member highest court

[FONT=&quot]"The Supreme Court issued a thunderous rebuttal, saying the Court of Appeals erred in those decisions"
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The court’s 44-page decision, written with lengthy and specific legal references, was effectively an endorsement of the work of Wake County Superior Court Judge Donald Stephens, who oversaw both Young trials."

[/FONT]
http://wncn.com/2015/08/21/jason-young-decision-overruled-by-nc-supreme-court/

The NCSC certainly made themselves clear in that ruling.

Arguments about judicial error were rendered moot.

The conviction stands and in all likelihood the killer's journey out of prison will someday be via a pine box.

Crazy that the 10 yr anniversary of Michelle's death is coming up. Glad this whole retrial nonsense has been put down.

The NCSC certainly made themselves clear in that ruling.

Arguments about judicial error were rendered moot.

The conviction stands and in all likelihood the killer's journey out of prison will someday be via a pine box.

He doesn't even deserve pine........maybe just scrap lumber? I'm hoping his journey in prison is a very long one, complete with extreme suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500