Jaycee's Bio dad

Instinctly, from the beginning, I knew Dugard was Terry's maiden name. I'm not at all surprised to find out it's true. I mean, if the sperm donor had been around, we would have heard from him in the beginning, like we heard from Mr. Probyn, her stepfather.

Looks like sperm donor was just interested in his own thing all those years ago, typical of that type of situation.

Agree with you, a single parent is a "parent who raises a child with no help from the other parent". Shared custody implies just that, shared.

However, if Jaycee wishes to begin a relationship with her bio-dad, I am for it. Anything that will help her and her daughters to heal. She has other siblings as well. I do think the step-dad Carl has earned the title Hero Dad!

In all fairness to Jaycee's biological father we don't know what the relationship between him and Terry was like. It could have been a mutual agreement that she raise Jaycee alone. To assume he wanted nothing to do with her (Jaycee) is unfair. Terry might have asked him to stay away, we just don't know the facts.

He's said nothing about Terry except kind things. Calling him a sperm donor is unfair.

We do not know whether he paid child support for her so to make such remarks and accusations IMHO is unwarranted.

:cow:

Maz

Contra Costa Times

Posted: 09/08/2009 08:36:14 AM PDT
Updated: 09/08/2009 10:21:23 AM PDT
FROM STAFF REPORTS — CBS' "Inside Edition" plans to air an interview with Jaycee Dugard's biological father, Kenneth Slayton, on its show tonight.
According to a press release from the show, Slayton has harsh words for his daughter's accused kidnappers, Phillip and Nancy Garrido.
more at link: http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13290973?nclick_check=1

It wasn't that great and I question why he's suddenly coming around now....

Well, this explains a lot. Thanks, Mazama. Although, I am a little skeptical whether all of these details are true because I think the Daily Mirror is a UK tabloid. But, I could be wrong about that.

In the wake of his daughter’s ordeal, Kenneth had been keeping a low profile. But he poured out his rage after we tracked him down at his home in a remote rural area of Los Angeles.
Bare-chested and wearing shorts as he worked on a truck in sweltering heat, mechanic Kenneth said: “I am Jaycee’s father.

“All you need to do is look at me to know that. I could show you pictures of me when I was her age – we were dead ringers.”
He has the same colour hair, bright blue eyes and broad smile as the girl whose plight has horrified the world.
He confessed Jaycee was the result of a brief romance with her mother Terry Probyn while he was going through a divorce. Her husband Carl became the youngster’s stepfather.
Dad of three Kenneth, now re-married, said: “We had a fling for about two weeks. Terry was a sweet gal.
“That poor woman has been through so much. She was a really nice lady. No one deserves this. What sort of sick animal must Garrido be?
I hope he rots in jail.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ck-animal-who-took-my-jaycee-115875-21643636/

Maz

However, if Jaycee wishes to begin a relationship with her bio-dad, I am for it. Anything that will help her and her daughters to heal. She has other siblings as well. I do think the step-dad Carl has earned the title Hero Dad!

I agree. We don't know that Jaycee and her father would not have reconnected over the years because Garrido took 18 yrs of her life away from her. I am not saying that is an excuse at all for her bio dad not being in her life the first 11 years. But, I do think that maybe these circumstances could serve as a second chance - if you will - for her to get to know her father and that side of her family. That is of course only if both of them end up truly wanting to reconnect.

Globe 9/21

"ll Kill Jaycee's Kidnapper!"

Picture of Jaycee' Dad

by Mark Coleman

Kenneth Slayton swears he will kill Garrido if he ever lays eyes on him!

I won't actually kill him, I'll hang him from the flag pole, says Slayton,
a Vietnam Vet, who is a truck driver and mechanic living in rural Calif.

He claims he had a two week fling with Jaycee's mother, while in the middle
of a divorce. When Jaycee's mom called him two weeks later, he had
meet his current wife, by then. He has 2 sons in their 40's. and a son
by his current wife.

snip

Picture: older man, very tall, very almost reddish blonde hair, even at
his age (maybe 60ish).

www.globemagazine.com

no story on line

The sad thing is, is that if Ken did ever see that man he probly would kill him.

Just let me clear this up for you. He has two DAUGHTERS with his current wife, Brittney and Sarah. The other son you call "snip" is incorrect. They call him Chip.

He is a good man and who cares if he had a fling when he was younger and going through a divorce! Who doesn't do that?
Have you ever thought he might want to reunite with his daughter who he has never met and who he thought was dead all these years because he is shocked and relieved that she is alive and unharmed (for the most part)?
You ppl should seriously try and think or learn some true facts? Everything you hear and read are not true.
Also there has been things said about how he is just now coming out and wanting to meet her.... Obviously! He thought she was frickin dead! It's not because of the cameras! It's not like she is some famous celebrity, she is a girl who was abducted and found the media will get bored with the story shortly so that is not a reason.

careful with the attacks ihavearrived, they get you in trouble here. (trust me :)) the problem some people have here is that some have no respect for a man who had 11 years to meet his daughter and chose not to. that's really inexcusable in some books. i have no doubt he is feeling pain and i do feel for him, even if he's never met her. he's got to be in complete shock. my belief is he shouldn't have talked to the media, if he wanted to meet her, he should have gone to LE to see if she was interested in that in the future. maybe them meeting would be a good thing, but i just feel like you should also understand where some of the people here are coming from. i take it you know the father, are you a relative?

careful with the attacks ihavearrived, they get you in trouble here. (trust me :)) the problem people have here is that some have no respect for a man who had 11 years to meet his daughter and chose not to. that's really inexcusable in some books. i have no doubt he is feeling pain and i do feel for him, even if he's never met her. he's got to be in complete shock. my belief is he shouldn't have talked to the media, if he wanted to meet her, he should have gone to LE to see if she was interested in that in the future. maybe them meeting would be a good thing, but i just feel like you should also understand where some of the people here are coming from. i take it you know the father, are you a relative?
I read in an article that he and Terry split when she was pregnant. Didn't say how far along. Perhaps he never knew Terry was pregnant? I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt...

The first time Ken did not know that he was being recored. It is kind of hard not to talk to them when they are posted up in front of your house asking for you to talk to them.
I am not a relative but I grew in and around that house hold. I just think people don't need to talk about what they don't know, I wasn't attacking.

I believe this happens a lot
my sister married young and was separted before your daughter was born
hubby had not grown up yet, well, she remarried and the step father raised the child has his own, my sister didnt want to worry with vistation rights so she let him walk away

years later my niece did reconnect with her bio dad, but step dad will always be her daddy, and he knows that,

phillp took that right away from jaycee

This is one of those things tha will be up to Jaycee. Whether or not she reconnects with her bio dad will be up to her. Yeah, I don't have much respect for him. But ultimately his involvment or noninvolvment is a pretty small part of the picture.

But she also has 3 sibliings in the picture. They may be half, but they are still sibs. They are the aunts and uncles of her children. But now, finally the choices are hers to make. Just think, for years she didn't have the choice but now she does.

From what I remember from reading two of his press interviews, Jaycee's father himself said that Terry Probyn, the mother, called him to tell him she was pregnant and he was the father. He played no role--at all--in Jaycee's life after that. And since he's now saying "I think" she's my daughter it seems all but certain he never paid child support. If he had, he would have been certain she was his.

He just comes across, by his actions, like a total slimeball. Now, he's all of a sudden her father, when there's money on the line? Jesus.

I'm not so cynical about this issue as many others appear to be. I'm not sure what the circumstances were when JC was conceived but it is quite possible that JC's father was married or in difficulty of some sort and that her mother appropriately advised him of her situation but perhaps prefered him not to play a role in her life and didn't seek child support. Not so strange imo. Not so awful. Perhaps, given the circumstances, it was the best scenario and they both agreed to the terms.

MOO

Well, we don't know the circumstances leading to Jaycee's birth, the father not being involved may well have been the mothers decision. In any event, irrespective of what Dad did or didn't do, the siblings can't possibly be held at fault here. The daughters would have been very young children at the time of Jaycee's kidnapping, and they couldn't have comprehended what was going on (they likely didnt even know she existed at that point). They have as much right as anyone else in the family to meet and get to know her now that she is back from the dead, so to speak. Obviously it is Jaycee's decision in the end to do what she wants to do, she is a 29 year old adult now, but I would hope that she would eventually meet them. They are blood after all.

Wonder what he is after? visitation? custody? why wait 29 years to have anything to do with your kid?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/exclusive-gloria-allred-reps-jaycee-lee-dugards-dad-0

As Jaycee is 29, custody or visitation wouldn't be up to a court. She is an adult.

Hopefully, her biological father (father in name only) won't try for some sort of visitation rights to Jaycee's children as their grandfather. IMO, that's parently ridiculous.

The poor girl. She has enough to deal with, and if he cared one whit for her or bore any love for her, he'd shut up, tend to his own family, and let JAYCEE decide who she lets into her life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back