Jaycee's Girls

I wonder if these girls know anything at all. I knew a girl who was an 8th grader that didn't know her multiplication tables. I don't have a clue as to why the education system let her slide right on by year after year without this knowledge.

I imagine that they know far less than her and it will be a very long difficult process for them to start to learn things that other children their age learned a long time ago.

I wonder if these girls know anything at all. I knew a girl who was an 8th grader that didn't know her multiplication tables. I don't have a clue as to why the education system let her slide right on by year after year without this knowledge.

I imagine that they know far less than her and it will be a very long difficult process for them to start to learn things that other children their age learned a long time ago.

My last yr working in the school system, one of the kindergarten teachers had a student who didn't know what an apple was. I don't know if they ever investigated but I thought the child looked poorly groomed with clothes either too big or too small and his hair was uncombed. His brother was in the classroom with third graders I worked with. He was neatly groomed, nice clothes, and well mannered. I know the teacher spoke her concerns with the principal and they also sent him to pre-k for half the day. But I don't know what ever came of it!

They're all in a hotel. That hardly seems like the environment they may need right now.
I've been thinking about that, and it seems to me that a hotel may actually be a good place for them to start "re-integrating." First of all, hotels are very generic and non-threatening. They use calming colors, very generic art, not a lot of technology, and rooms are usually uncluttered. If you've been deprived at all of a "normal" environment, a hotel room as a starting point would allow you to introduce new things slowly.

It's neutral ground for a reunion. It's not supposed to be "home" which I would imagine is sort of a scary thing for Jaycee --especially since her parents don't even live in the house where she grew up anymore. It would reduce expectations about how she will react to things like old pictures or furniture.

Also, people don't pay attention to other hotel guests very much --there's a sort of annonimity to it.

Add in that I've yet to meet any kid who doesn't think water to play in (as in the hotel pool) is a good thing. Yes, her kids have probably never gone swimming, but this might be a good icebreaker for the kids and their "new" family.
I agree with you, the hotel is a good place for this family to reunite...and for the kids to meet their grandparents. after looking at the pics that are coming out of the "compound" that Jaycee lived in all these years... all the clutter, tents and sheds, not to mention rodents and bugs.. I hope her girls and her are running around using all the vending machines, ice machine, pool and whatever the hotel has to offer...This family has a long road ahead, I will keep them in my prayers.:blowkiss:

I thought someone posted a link to where that photo originally came from and it was posted on a news site given by her stepfather? It was listed as an undated photo prior to disappearence. She had bangs in that pic as well, I am sure that the Garrido's didn't give her scissors nor cut her hair. But for the record her stepfather commented in another news article that her mother was shocked that she looked exactly like she did when she disappeared like she hadn't aged at all!

I wish they wouldnt be posting the age progression picture al over the news right now. They should even limit the pic of her childhood. I feel the last thing she needs is to be recognized, followed, hounded, especially by the media right now. Just let her be and heal..She has a long road ahead of her as do her daughters and I for one am glad I don't know what they look like! I bet you 10 to 1 the Media is looking for that Motel/Hotel she is in right now...Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

My understanding is that they have limited resources. I can bet these girls and their poor mom will need years of help.

Well, I figure when a Sheriff said this on Natl TV today:

Earlier Friday, a California sheriff also admitted that his organization "missed an opportunity" nearly three years ago to find Dugard.

He made his resources plentiful!!

I wish they wouldnt be posting the age progression picture al over the news right now. They should even limit the pic of her childhood. I feel the last thing she needs is to be recognized, followed, hounded, especially by the media right now. Just let her be and heal..She has a long road ahead of her as do her daughters and I for one am glad I don't know what they look like! I bet you 10 to 1 the Media is looking for that Motel/Hotel she is in right now...Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
I hope some judge puts them off limits to the media and to the tabloids too. with huge penalty if they go near them.
They need privacy and they need to be able to be out in public. to see what they have missed.
I PRAY that nobody gets to see them all all, NO gossip mags, media just a couple of huge slugs in case the paparazzi gets out of order should be with them.

I am very concerned for these girls. Whereas Jaycee has some reference of what is "normal" from prior to her abduction, these girls were born in captivity and have never known anything different.

I'm also concerned about the fact that they slept with their "father" every night since birth. Not only because of potential abuse, but I wonder how it affected their bond with their mother. There's no doubt in my mind that he made absolutely sure they worshipped him completely. It will be next to impossible to convince them that he is evil and it will definitely complicate their recovery.

I just saw the UC Berkeley officers who started the ball rolling on the news. They were trying to explain why they felt something was wrong and said both girl's eyes and faces were basically vacant. It seemed difficult for them to explain because it wasn't something blatantly obvious. Both of these officers are female and it made me wonder if it had been male officers would they have been as observant. Hope that doesn't sound sexist! But I'm so glad it went down the way it did.

They also said PG was shaking during the encounter. Not a fearful shaking but like he was nervous just speaking to people.

Bless all of them, the outside world must be so scarry!
Imagine never seeing allot of people,cars,TV, a bed!
For heaven's sake why didn't this nut atleast keep them in the house!
This is such nhumane treatment!
So much education for all of them.
I pray that their bio grandparents can accept them with open arms and love them.

That would have been when she was 11 and it is definitely not at the same age as all of the photos from the missing information sites. The person in that photo looks much older than 11, though I agree to a young looking 29. The original poster said it was taken at the police station. I can't find it now since all the threads have been merged and moved to the sub forum, I have no idea where it is located now!

I think she definitely looks 11 in that photo and you can see the arcade games in the background

I don't know if this has come up, but how does anyone know how old Jaycee's children are for sure? From her word, or the fathers? If they don;t have any record of the kids being born, how do they know for sure? Through all the trauma of this, how would Jaycee have known one year from another, necessarily? And why would they trust what the freaks tell them? Just saying... it's reported they are 15 and 11 as if they DEFINITELY are those ages.

I don't know if this has come up, but how does anyone know how old Jaycee's children are for sure? From her word, or the fathers? If they don;t have any record of the kids being born, how do they know for sure? Through all the trauma of this, how would Jaycee have known one year from another, necessarily? And why would they trust what the freaks tell them? Just saying... it's reported they are 15 and 11 as if they DEFINITELY are those ages.

That's a good point. I suppose it will all come out eventually. If these are the girls the neighbors saw and described as much younger, I would have to assume that they are small for their ages; for obvious reasons.

I'm sincerely hoping they were educated in some way. Reading, writing, etc. If not, they just will be so ill-equipped to live in the real world. Poor little babies. My heart is aching - for all involved.

"Cheyvonne Molino and her husband, James, said they had known Mr. Garrido in a professional relationship for about a decade but only recently met his two daughters with Ms. Dugard — apparently named Starlite and Angel — most recently at a birthday party on Aug. 15 at a local community center.

While the younger child seemed happy and carefree, Ms. Molino said, the 15-year-old seemed overly dependent on her father. “Before walking across the room, she was checking to see if that’s O.K.,” Ms. Molino said. “She’d ask, ‘Dad is it O.K. if I go here?’ ”

Diane Doty, a neighbor, said she had encountered Mr. Garrido on the street recently and was even more disturbed than usual by his demeanor. “He said he hadn’t seen me in a while,” Ms. Doty said. “And he said, ‘You’ll see me on the news soon.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/29/us...agewanted=2&em

I guess we can assume they've never seen TV or a computer. However, Jaycee must have remembered TV. I wonder if she taught the girls to read or write.

I guess we can assume they've never seen TV or a computer. However, Jaycee must have remembered TV. I wonder if she taught the girls to read or write.
Actually, Jaycee may have gotten computer experience, if she did the graphic design of the business cards for his printing business, as has been reported...

I don't know if the kids had access to a tv or computer, but we know since PG had a blog he sure did!

I am not certain that the girls even stayed out in the shed with Jaycee. There are bars on the BR windows.

Also, are we certain that they knew that Jaycee was their mother?

I don't know if the kids had access to a tv or computer, but we know since PG had a blog he sure did!

One of the news reports (the one talking to people who had used his printing service) showed emails that Jaycee had written to the customer regarding the job they were doing for him....he seemed to have several emails...the one they showed was professional in content and form....she definately had access and experience at least with email.

:)

I am not certain that the girls even stayed out in the shed with Jaycee. There are bars on the BR windows.

Also, are we certain that they knew that Jaycee was their mother?

This is what concerns me! I worry about the dynamics between the girls and their mother. They were obviously taught to tell people she was their sister. Yet another indication that their sperm donor knew what they had going on there was WRONG! Did they really believe Jaycee was their sister?

My heart is aching for Jaycee's mother. She must be thrilled that her own daughter is alive after all these years. But she has instantly become a grandmother and she must have extreme hatred against the evil monsters who stole her child. Jaycee and the girls will not be able to understand that for a looooooooong time. I hope she had some counseling before she was reunited with Jaycee.

BBM
According to this article they knew she was their mother, but not about their mother being kidnapped
Mystery surrounding kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard deepens

Thank you, TG!

I think we can look forward to a LOT of sensationalism in this case. But I will NEVER blame the victims - EVER. It's clear to me that Jaycee was brainwashed and her children never had a fighting chance. We don't know yet how these freaks used Jaycee and her children against one another to serve their own sick purposes.

I shudder to think what more we will learn before this is over.

Lord, please help these victims!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back