Jaycee's New Attorney

They close hearings all the time. Not sure why because I do not do litigation but I know it happens. Was waiting to be on a jury and they had us all stand outside the courtroom while something was discussed.

You two keep good notes :)

Sort of in response to a previous comment, this is a criminal matter not a domestic matter. I do not think, but could be wrong, that the taxpayers should or will pay for the G's civil matters. In other words, if Mr. G wants to pursue any sort of visitation rights he needs to obtain and pay for his own attorney. I don't think he can or should use his "criminal defense attorney" in any civil actions.

Anyway here is a link to the Sacramento Bee on this topic. . . http://www.sacbee.com/2010/04/07/2660489/dugard-attorney.html#mi_rss=Our Region

People who have no money do go to legal aid it is a free service.
So yes can get a free service. Yes you and I the Tax payer pay for it.

I realize there is free legal aid out there. But the person still needs to go seek it. The court appointed attorney is only for criminal matters not civil matters.

I realize there is free legal aid out there. But the person still needs to go seek it. The court appointed attorney is only for criminal matters not civil matters.

Court appointed is not only for criminal. sometimes it is for the underage; the mentally challenged, the Class who can not fend for themselves, they will always be protected.

Bet this gal's not what Garrido had in mind when he cried that Jaycee needed an attorney! He's probably thinking of someone with a mindset like Gellman or Tapson that would try to get Jaycee and the girls to visit him!!!:furious:

I am so very happy to hear this. Jaycee needs someone awesome to represent and protect her & her girls. This one seems like a good fit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back